"hl2.exe has stopped working"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRobsterDJ

Nucleus
Nebulae
1GmcEje.png

I have been getting continuous crashes as of 04/07/2017 and have had 4 of these occur today. Some of these crashes have occured during tense situations (@Slim) and can in future potentially get me banned. Any help is appreciated.

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
tense situations
Extreme
Role
Play is not something that we can deal with being messed up like this... >:(

Anyway, I'd say make sure GMOD isn't taking up too much ram, turning everything to low, getting the "How to increase FPS" config turned on, and then putting -high into the launch settings of gmod, if that all doesn't do much then uninstall all of your addons, and only install the nebulous content.

Otherwise, ask mr @Votra as he's a gmod wizard

Reactions: List

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
1GmcEje.png

I have been getting continuous crashes as of 04/07/2017 and have had 4 of these occur today. Some of these crashes have occured during tense situations (@Slim) and can in future potentially get me banned. Any help is appreciated.

Okay so first off, since you have the time and date there of your crash files which you should keep, you can always use those if you're banned and be like, "HEY ITS NOT MY FAULT!"

Uh, to solve your issue though I'd have to read those files. Can you upload them to google drive, mega, or dropbox?

As of now I recommend throwing my autoexec in your game because it has all the recommendations I'd give in a neat little config :)

https://nebulous.cloud/threads/votras-autoexec-updated-6-21-17.6330/

Votra

Retired
Nebulae

Frankly I noticed quite a lot but nothing that says as to why you crash. So here's my recommendation.

Add the launch option +mat_dxlevel 95 (Which is in the autoexec but it won't hurt to double check)

Type menu_cleanupgmas in console and hit enter.
Restart.
Start Singleplayer Game.
Join server, see if it works.

Again my autoexec has shit in it that stopped me from crashing so - you can try that.

Forgot to mention to put this in your launch options:

-windowed -noborder -borderless -w 1366 -h 768

-w is width of resolution, -h is height. I just used what I saw you had it set to.

Status
Not open for further replies.