[HL2] Homer Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Schiro, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Schiro

Schiro String

Nebulae:
    Your Steam Name: homer the great
    Your Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:49040104

Banned from Server or Teamspeak: Server
    Character Name: forgot (was about two years ago)
    Length: perma

Admin Who Banned You: no idea

What were you banned for?: I believe I was banned for having a troll character and being disruptive on the server.
    Why Should You Be Unbanned?:

I have had two years to learn from what I have done. I have been wanting to be unbanned from this server for a year now, I have been messaging my close friend @blackopy nearly twice or three times a week asking for the status of the chance of being able to meet with management to discuss my unban since I was also banned from the forums on my main account. I have deeply regret what I did, it was dumb and not funny at all the way I acted. I use to be very involved in this community and was a staff for a small period of time on Lemonpunch when Blackquil first became server manager. I hold a lot of deep memories of this server and the great time I've had and the people I have met who are still my friends today. I do not want a mistake I did around two years ago be the last thing I think about this server, I want to experience this server and community continue to progress and I want to be apart of that. I also want to start roleplaying again after a long hiatus from Garry's Mod and general roleplaying to take time to mature. I miss the experiences I've had on this server. I pledge not to break any rules, troll and be a cancer. I will follow all the rules and I will contribute to the community in a more positive way.

Time of Occurrence: no idea, about two years ago.
    Evidence: n/a
    Any additional members involved: n/a

2. blackopy

blackopy Proton
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Guy literally wants to play on the server with me man, it sucks cause im always on the server and he can't join. I get spammed almost everyday and if my logs could go back in steamchat i'd find more of these lol. But anyways I really hope something can be done about this, hes a good friend.

3. linntrix

linntrix pilotbland's best friend
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    If it’s been over two years and he genuinely wants to just play/be on ts, I think he deserves a second shot.

I talk to blackopy pretty much every day and he’s expressed how much his friend wants to be unbanned because of the messages he gets.

Even though I have no say in the unban, I don’t see a problem with unbanning and giving him a second shot. If he trolls again, just ban him again with no appeal.

4. Whilt

Whilt Woh
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    @Blackquill I'm fine with an unban on the basis that if he dicks about again it's a permaban with no chance of appeal -- assuming the reasoning is valid etc. What do you think?

5. Snook

Snook Forum Janitor
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    Overall you do seem fine to come back to the community and your enthusiasm to join is obviously there. I'm also fine with an unban, due to the extended period of time you've waited and I think you can show you've changed your previous behaviour from when you were younger and less mature, with the condition that if an offence like his other ban(s) happens again it'll be a permanent ban with no chance of appeal, or at least for the foreseeable future.

@Whilt @Blackquill

6. Blackquill

Blackquill Grumpy Server Director
    Head Staff HL2 RP Server Director

Nebulae:
    Will have to be discussed with headstaff

7. blackopy

blackopy Proton
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    bump? Is there anything I can say or do to get my friend unbanned, like doing a thing if he fucks up i'm banned too? I really just want to play with my friend again man, we don't even see or talk to each-other that much cause hes busy with work and when he comes home he's playing a diff game and i'm usually on the server, please?

8. blackopy

blackopy Proton
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    4th of july miracle ?

9. blackopy

blackopy Proton
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    justice for my friend, bump

10. blackopy

blackopy Proton
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    to all the admins/SA's you can close and lock this thread because my friend doesn't want to to be unbanned anymore he told me so you can del this thread, not kidding.

EDIT: he gives up

11. Snook

Snook Forum Janitor
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    As both @Whilt and I said, we’re fine with an unban but it isn’t up to us on this occasion. @Blackquill said it’d have to be discussed with headstaff, so that’s why this has been in this waiting stage for a few months.

12. blackopy

blackopy Proton
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    yeah well im sorry to say but I already know the answer to this appeal, even though he didn't do anything that warrants a permanant ban, it just the way things gotta be, it's best if we just close and lock this and leave it in the past.

EDIT: It doesn't take from April to late July to make a descision on who stays banned or not lets be honest.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice