Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
I don't blame them in a way, tbh, because setting any sort of solid "Okay we said x last time so x this time" risks trapping yourself in situations where you may have voted otherwise beyond simply "the rules say so".

A lot of the best PK appeals were those that a PK manager could act in a fair way, y'know? But equally a lot of the time, as said, people intentionally tried to muddy the waters, bury details or smear the other person. Those are the appeals that everyone hated.
The worst PK appeals were when someone is Malicious in nature and a downright asshole about it, but /technically/ didn't break any rules, and they know they didn't. Everyone wants to unpk the unfortunate victim, but it would make the already muddy waters of PK appeals worse if they did. There is no winning scenario.

(K4E situations)

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
7ggh1a.jpg
me on my way to instadelete any rabid post on appeals even if he is involved because i know EDGAR from ACE ATTORNEY will show up to argue with him (its for a safer world i promise) (sarcasm)

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The worst PK appeals were when someone is Malicious in nature and a downright asshole about it, but /technically/ didn't break any rules, and they know they didn't. Everyone wants to unpk the unfortunate victim, but it would make the already muddy waters of PK appeals worse if they did. There is no winning scenario.

(K4E situations)

honestly should just put it in writing that PK appeals are explicitly case by case and there is no such thing as precedent

apply the same "just because its not officially against the rules doesn't mean admins wont intervene" clause that the forums and server has

PK management should be able to accept an appeal just because they know its bullshit, not be forced to accept it because technically no rules were broken

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
honestly should just put it in writing that PK appeals are explicitly case by case and there is no such thing as precedent

apply the same "just because its not officially against the rules doesn't mean admins wont intervene" clause that the forums and server has

PK management should be able to accept an appeal just because they know its bullshit, not be forced to accept it because technically no rules were broken
it was always this way, atleast that's what was agreed upon. If an appeal is bullshit itll be dealt with, but we have to be fair and listen to both sides, and that can in fact drag out. Privately or not

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
I don't blame them in a way, tbh, because setting any sort of solid "Okay we said x last time so x this time" risks trapping yourself in situations where you may have voted otherwise beyond simply "the rules say so".

A lot of the best PK appeals were those that a PK manager could act in a fair way, y'know? But equally a lot of the time, as said, people intentionally tried to muddy the waters, bury details or smear the other person. Those are the appeals that everyone hated.
Yeah it's definitely a difference of approaches, if the rules were consistently enforced I think it would help mould players into following the regulations, as they would have to think 'is this gonna risk me getting killed?' before acting, which would lead people to being a bit more thoughtful about activity ingame.

I think people should be more willing to lose characters, the server has had such a plummet in difficulty for getting involved with insurgent resistance activity as a citizen. Ideally more people would make their character with the intent that he will die in a few months, and play them that way - taking risks etc.

Instead due to the 'infinite lives if you're a good boy!' system of PKs, almost everyone in the rebel scene is vying to become the top dog instead of fighting what should be the main enemy (just under acknowledgement that you might die horribly for your rebelliousness) imo

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae

(K4E situations)
I've also gotta mention the following phenomena, because being part of it (not as someone who did it but spectated it happening right infront of me on my character) was the CP principle of: PK first, ask later - which luckily died down relatively fast as we switched away from i17

(Further elaborating on this since it will inevitably lead to someone saying cops were PK thirsty: No, it was just that certain situations you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, sometimes getting that juicy 63S Accomplice tag or 105 Inaction assigned to you, which lead to the death of your character. Either it got pursued to the max. by RL's, or you were just shit outta luck and a scanner was present and saw you.)

It still existed after i17, but it was way less present and I think that was one of the several things that unavoidably created the term 'cop main', as the toxicity of both factions split the forums in basically two sides

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
It still existed after i17, but it was way less present and I think that was one of the several things that unavoidably created the term 'cop main', as the toxicity of both factions split the forums in basically two sides

Honestly, cop mains and "rebel mains" were often both as bad as one another - the difference is, 'cop mains' made themselves easy targets whereas you couldn't reasonably point to anything the otherside did without it seeming like a personal attack. Plus nobody was going to jump to the average cop's defence for a funky PK either.

But at least in 9/10 cases cops were never premeditated in trying to PK someone unlike the reverse where you'd see everything from auth-stacking to OOC setups.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Maybe I should release some of the funny private PK appeals I have, there are lots of golden comments in those archives