HL2RP - Controls have gone weird?

Starless

Neutrino
Nebulae
So as a disclaimer I'm only experiencing this issue on the HL2 server. My standard controls are working perfectly everywhere else.

So last night I logged off HL2RP and went to bed. This morning when I logged back the servers controls seem to have been modified...

Normal movement makes me walk at a snails speed (Quite literally. I look like I'm moving in slow-motion.)
Shift + Movement makes me walk at what you'd assume would be normal speed.
Alt + Movement makes me walk quickly, like i'm in some walking sport.

I haven't figured out how to Sprint yet.

Jump and crouch are operating normally.

I've brought up this weirdness in OOC a few times and the only advice I got was resetting my controls via options (Did nothing) and typing +Speed (Which just makes me move at Shift+Movement speed universally. Cannot go faster.

All in all if this was a purposeful update then I'm not impressed. If it's a bug that no one else seems to be facing then I'd really appreciate some technical support right now...

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So as a disclaimer I'm only experiencing this issue on the HL2 server. My standard controls are working perfectly everywhere else.

So last night I logged off HL2RP and went to bed. This morning when I logged back the servers controls seem to have been modified...

Normal movement makes me walk at a snails speed (Quite literally. I look like I'm moving in slow-motion.)
Shift + Movement makes me walk at what you'd assume would be normal speed.
Alt + Movement makes me walk quickly, like i'm in some walking sport.

I haven't figured out how to Sprint yet.

Jump and crouch are operating normally.

I've brought up this weirdness in OOC a few times and the only advice I got was resetting my controls via options (Did nothing) and typing +Speed (Which just makes me move at Shift+Movement speed universally. Cannot go faster.

All in all if this was a purposeful update then I'm not impressed. If it's a bug that no one else seems to be facing then I'd really appreciate some technical support right now...

you're encumbered

you're carrying too much stuff and it's slowing you down.

Starless

Neutrino
Nebulae
you're encumbered

you're carrying too much stuff and it's slowing you down.
Wow, it was something as simple as that then? Well this is awkward, but thanks for the reply. I hadn't been encumbered before since every time i tried it just wouldn't let me pick stuff up. Problem solved haha...

21ml

Gillette, the best a man can get
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Wow, it was something as simple as that then? Well this is awkward, but thanks for the reply. I hadn't been encumbered before since every time i tried it just wouldn't let me pick stuff up. Problem solved haha...
stop hoarding all the rations