Serious [HL2RP] I cannot play the server until this is fixed.

Miraak

Proton
Nebulae
Whenever I connect, it drops connection on the first text intro screen. Every. Single. Time. Yesterday, I tried connecting a grand total of 35 times, and only on the 36th try did it finally work. I was trying for 12 hours to connect, and I only connected when it was late at night and the population was under 70.

When I've tried:
  • Reinstalling all server content.
  • Reinstalling all addons.
  • Reinstalling the game.
  • Restarting my PC.
  • Restarting my router.
  • Restarting the game.
  • Pre-loading the map in singeplayer.
  • Factory Resetting the game.
  • Verifying game files.
  • Turning it off and on again.
  • Spamming 'Join Server'.
  • Crying out of frustration.
So basically what happens every time I try to connect, is the first time it will time out every single time. Every subsequent attempt is the same thing: I'm stuck on 'sending client info' for five minutes, only to drop connection on the intro text screen.

I'm open to any and all suggestions at this point.

Last edited:

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
@Votra might have some concommands to help you
just to get the ball rolling, does your whole game crash or does it just lag you out and autoDC?

Miraak

Proton
Nebulae
@Votra might have some concommands to help you
just to get the ball rolling, does your whole game crash or does it just lag you out and autoDC?
It just disconnects me from the server with autoDC.

Miraak

Proton
Nebulae
Well, I found out this isn't specific to Nebulous. I get similar results for any server I try to connect to.

I'm going to reset my router and hope for the best. Otherwise, it's an issue with my ISP.

If there's any other fix you think might work please feel free to share.

EDIT: This problem is isolated to only Garry's Mod. I tried joining other servers on other games and they work fine. But when I joined several Sandbox servers, I get the same issue as described in the OP.

Last edited:

Hiros

Who ?
Nebulae
Try to use Connect Command Through console Or Try to check if Antivirus is blocking Gmod