Serious HL2RP Screenshot thread

Discussion in 'Half-Life 2 Roleplay' started by cns - he/him/his, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Powley

Powley Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    I dont regret the time I spent because the friends I made have been amazing

• nebulous nebulous x 26
  2. Northgate

HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    i can't even begin how much I miss it, even though I'm trying to move on... despite "wasting" a lot of time, I enjoyed the experiences I made with the community, I made many friends and had lots of fun. i'd still wish we did "one last shot", but I think that's already happened in our last event before the reset.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  3. Warwick

Warwick 'Queerlord'
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I second this. I got memories I'll never forget, and I still have people in my life that I speak to daily. Wouldn't change it.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  4. boots

boots spooky skellys

Nebulae:
    Let me ask this; were things really not fine before the rework that happened a few months which ended up in loads of people leaving the server?

I have only come back recently to play the rework and was not playing for some years prior, and as much as I can say I was having a lot of fun it makes me wonder if it was really necessary.

[​IMG]
    from https://gmod-servers.com/server/1508/stats/

5. MaelRadecs

MaelRadecs Best Damn ODST

Nebulae:
    roleplay isnt a phase its a lifestyle :cool:

6. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    As with everything, ups and downs. There's only so much you can do to refresh what is ultimately a 5+ year long endeavour. People didn't really leave because of the reforms, they left because the relaunch didn't hold their interest - which is fine, it gave a chance for HL2RP to wind down peacefully.

7. alex

alex I do things.
    Head Staff

Nebulae:
    There was effectively a finale event that ended the server, even though I had said that wasn't permitted to happen.

What did you want me to do? The options were to restart it or leave it offline.

• nebulous nebulous x 6
  8. Rogue Synapse

Rogue Synapse Prophet of Difference
    Media Developer

Nebulae:
    idk about that one

9. alex

alex I do things.
    Head Staff

Nebulae:
    What are you disputing?

10. Rogue Synapse

Rogue Synapse Prophet of Difference
    Media Developer

Nebulae:
    The plan laid out by the event makers was that we were to stay a week on that map while the leads tried to get things under control a far as the story and server dynamic was concerned. We didn't even last two days, that whole 'Matrix' incident occurred and the server shut off for good a couple of hours later. As far as the masses are concerned, that was not the conclusive event may felt the server deserved. There were many people, friends of mine, that went to bed only to find out the very next day that they would never play their characters again. It didn't so much feel as if the server ended but rather just fell apart at the very last minute. Comparing the ending of the CW server against the Helix server is day and night. I know for a fact this soured the mood of lots of people and turned them off into partaking in another era where nothing has changed except the loss of progress.

11. alex

alex I do things.
    Head Staff

Nebulae:
    I didn't make any changes to the event other than denying the request for it to be an end of the characters and the era that came with Helix.

The rest of it isn't down to me, I was not involved in the event aside from what I've mentioned and being told to turn the server off because the event was over.. which shouldn't have been the outcome.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  12. Revanox

Revanox Atom
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    Fact is, last event was a big fat poo-poo.

I don't think Nebulous ended because "the time came" but rather that a lot of unfortunate decisions were made that caused people to fuck off due to boredom/repetition/nuisances.

• nebulous nebulous x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Nov

Nov `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    as far as things go I would not call (and still don't) that event the definitive end
    yes there were many helping hands and it might've seen big numbers but I really don't think HS had it in mind that this would be the end
    overall did I not even get the feeling that this was anything solid for a server end either, it was very chaotic (for me personally) and quite distasteful as most of the conflict solutions were violence violence and more s2k with no clear set end

I still do not get what the direction of the event was or what it was supposed to be.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  14. alex

alex I do things.
    Head Staff

Nebulae:
    Regardless of what the event was, what did you guys want me to do? There were very little options, it didn't make sense to continue on the old database since that was "done".

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  15. Jaydawg

Jaydawg Loves to break stuff.
    Head Staff Developer Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Technically, we could restore the old database and pretend that the last event didn't happen

• nebulous nebulous x 6
    • Late Late x 1
  16. Revanox

Revanox Atom

Nebulae:
    Well, everyone was expecting a way faster progression, in the sense of rebel equipment. Even if it were to extreme, we still could've culled the rebels with a simple OTA sweep to just restart the economy if it would've turned out as a bad idea in the beginning.

17. Ricsow

Ricsow professional retard
    Media Developer

Nebulae:
    Quite a few people wanted a scenario change, something other than CityRP, although with GTA RP being made it’s understandable that it takes priority

On the other hand though, a more player run take on a different environment that was worked on by the community with little to no headstaff work needed.
    That‘s in a perfect world though, I think we wouldn‘t even get past choosing the scenario.

18. Nov

Nov `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    thing is, if exercised this would push the server into a more s2k-ish direction and more like something you would see on CvR which is to my experience doing very little for the people that want to leanback and just passiverp
    mismanage this and you reached nothing at all
    Merged:
    yea and how do you think this is managed ricsow

19. Ricsow

Ricsow professional retard
    Media Developer

Nebulae:
    That‘s the thing, it would only work in a perfect world where everyone is able to easily cooperate, manage and uphold a server that everyone likes. I guess the only way this could be done would probably be to appoint certain staff and members that uphold the server, but like I said, it’d likely not work
    a man can dream

20. cloudperson

cloudperson `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    yeah but that’s fun. it’s also possible to still have room for passiverp while being a more action oriented server

the current server really isn’t very different to the pre-wipe server aside from the unlock of crafting for all. i was personally expecting quite an accelerated economy for the sake of fun - what PKs are there to complain about when you can start over without the worry of grinding for 2 months?

or, as @Pyromancer said far better;

#113960 cloudperson, Jan 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    • nebulous nebulous x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice