Serious HL2RP Screenshot thread

echs dee

Atom
WW3 RP Operator
Nebulae
Man I wanted to do that WW3RP thing during the summer but now everyone is like “yeah lets do ww3rp/stasiland but it’s hl2 outlands combat” and I’m like :neutral_face:
combine v rebels?

echs dee

Atom
WW3 RP Operator
Nebulae
I personally have no idea why combine vs rebels would be a preferred setting compared to a military one if we're just gonna do faction vs faction combat
HL2 as a faction v faction is just boring lmao (basically hl2 deathmatch with different guns)
WW3 can represent a world much better and make it interesting, imo (even as a fac v fac server)
as long as players play nice

Reactions: List

Antloin

Molecule
Nebulae
HL2 as a faction v faction is just boring lmao
WW3 can represent a world much better and make it interesting, imo (even as a fac v fac server)
as long as players play nice
robot men programmed by aliens to kill humans

humans ordered by other humans to kill other other humans, but will they really do it?

echs dee

Atom
WW3 RP Operator
Nebulae
Might just be my disinterest in the science fiction part of HL2 then I guess. Most of the other stuff is represented in ww3rp
I don't think that hl2rp's science fiction setting is anything special.

johnathan

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
I personally have no idea why combine vs rebels would be a preferred setting compared to a military one if we're just gonna do faction vs faction combat
same reason gta rp never stuck out to me

project zomboid got zombies and an alternate setting
half life 2 got a combine empire, aliens and an alternate setting
gta rp is literally just real life rp go outside idk
war world 3 roleplay has plenty of makebelieve also, but its too grounded to stick out to me personally

i think roleplay thrives when most parts about it are make-believe, allows you to stretch your own narrative, whereas something grounded has to have mostly grounded outcomes

plus i think the approach has always been different, aside from stasiland, peak ww3 was always about waiting for when you'd finally be let out to s2k, while there was plenty of roleplay to be had; and stasiland was fantastic; half life 2 roleplay has never been about the s2k or even really about battles; but the roleplay surrounding those battles and big events

to contrast this train of thought, stasiland might have died for the same reasons(as in, the way you're saying "why do hl2 outland instead of ww3rp"), because it was essentially half life 2 roleplay, but the stasi and the russians were the big bad union, only diff being that half life is a far removed setting where you could draw your own conclusions, and stasiland characters and outcomes was based mostly on (alternate)history knowledge

not to say ww3rp is a bad setting, its just wildly different