Resolved [ HL2RP ] TrapLayer ban request.

Discussion in 'Ban Requests' started by Yurrie, Jun 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackquill

Blackquill Administrator
    Head Staff HL2 RP Server Director

Nebulae:
    I mean he's already currently banned for something else so

no real rush, give it time

2. Yurrie

Yurrie Atom

Nebulae:
    well yes i get that, but it doesn't say he's online on the forums or steam right now. if i'm correct it's 12 am in sweden right now, maybe he wakes up a little later than most and just needs some time?

3. Nov

Nov Molecule
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    I know that there is no rush but by heavens
    do not promise anything that one will not act out

4. Yurrie

Yurrie Atom

Nebulae:
    i'm just feelin a little bad for this guy is all, i guess.
    i'll keep my yap closed for until he responds.

5. Manio

Manio Mostly Sleepy
    HL2 RP Administrator Media Developer

Nebulae:
    Give him a time to respond, perhaps something occured that is more important than this making him unable to do what he said.

6. TrapLayer

TrapLayer Neutrino

Nebulae:
    Not to be rude, but i can say the same thing. Some of my previous Pk appeals ended up taking 5-7 days to even get a simple answer. I also got a life outside of the forums as you probably know. You waited a bit over a day. No need to complain because i wasn't precise about the time. And attempt to turn it against me. Either way, let's get to the point. And answer some of the questions i got asked i suppose.

Ahh, man. Don't worry mate. Don't let this weigh you down. You just did what you were suppose to do. You saw someone possibly doin' something wrong, and you reported it. No need to apologize. And i could probably guess with my ass that this day would eventually come.

I did actually learn mate. I told myself that i wouldn't do anything stuiped, and guess what happened? I kept myself clean for 3 months. And i started applying for different factions sush as Civil Protection, Vortiguant/Biotic, Xenion Creatures. I spent 2-3 days doing those applications. Just to build trust within' the community and actually show that i was changing.

I was truly on a good path, until something happened... I got dragged into a ban-hole by some moron who mugged for personal greed. And i fell for his dumb reason. Basically getting me banned aswell, when i could have easily avoided it. (I won't explain what happened since everything has already been discussed before)

We both end up being banned and he started lying like crazy. Blaming me for everything, which i had to expose him for. But the main reason i'm telling this is because that ban changed everything... I got blacklisted from Civil Protection. Most of my applications got ignored. And all that trust got thrown out the window once again because of this single moron dragging me into a ban-hole. I must say, i was really pissed at myself for beliving a sush reason to mug. But at the end of the day. This just shows that i did indeed change. And that i did have a change of heart. You just didn't notice it.

----

Now we come into the more complex reason/story that possibly lead to this situation, and my unserious behavior... I was basically fighting a battle that was already lost at this point. Even if i wanted to get into a faction in the future, i wouldn't be able. So, what would another ban really do? And i guess this is the reason my unserious behavior started growing again. And possibly lead to this situation at the end of the day.

Don't get me wrong though. I do have a serious behavior and the will to keep myself clean for an extended period of time. Showing that i can indeed change. I guess the whole "avoidedable ban" i recived a while ago, kinda broke my morale. Resulting in these bans under a short period of time. I basically had no future here anymore. No factions to apply. Or trust to me gained. There was nothing holding me back from doing this unserious behavior.

It's kind of confusing to understand the point i'm trying to reach out with. But i hope ya'll get the general idea.

---

I must say though. This "elevator" situation is taken a bit over the top. Metagaming? Powergaming? I don't even see the reason why you want to kill off my charecter by slaming the elevator door ontop of my head. Or locking me inside. Eventually being gunned downed by cops. And the amount of times i've been clapped over the head by minges who does that kind off shit. You literally stood 2 inches away from the button. I had my reasons basically...

Also, the whole "me baiting you down the ladder" is not even true though. I asked you nicely if you wanted to go down and check things out. Which you responded with a friendly "No".

(*Cough* if you wanted to roll or attemp, then say something in Looc. I could have gladly done that. *Cough*)

Still, doesn't change the fact what i did was unserious behavior. But as i explained before, i generally gave a good explanation and a good reason for the cause at the end of the day.

I also want to add that this is my first "Serious Rp" server. I literally came straight out of DarkRp. And i believe i'm speaking for all. Or atleast a lot of people. That we all at one point entered "Serious Rp" with unserious behavior.

7. Yurrie

Yurrie Atom

Nebulae:
    for one, thank you so much for not getting mad at me lol. i dont know if i couldve handled that. for two i'll mostly cover the literal part of why i reported you, since i 100% bet i'll be nicer than any of the ban management. better to spare you that pain ig
    it was meant to be more of a scare than a murder attempt. my character had no reasons to kill yours, but he had every reason to toy with you, especially after the "fuck me daddy" thing. he called michael a fool multiple times for that exact reason. i knew the cops weren't going to do anything about you being up there since they were engaged in defusing a goddamned bomb. yelling fuck me daddy is really what annoyed me by the way, more than the powergaming. as for standing next to the button i could see that, but it doesn't really work like that. admins, correct me if i'm wrong. my intentions were to do the /me of pressing the button, waiting for response and going from there. i didn't do the /looc message because, well it honestly didn't pass through my mind, but also cus i didn't expect to just see a rushed action of doing some bullet time nonsense. in short, shutting the door was more of a slap on the wrist than a murder attempt.

that's telt on my end, honestly. "bait" wasn't a good word to use, nor does it have anything to do with the entire request, i just included it because that's just what happened. but the use of the word "bait" was poor on my end.

refer to what i already said

it's up to the admins to decide if it was powergaming or not, but i'm 100% fine with it being left at unserious behavior and not powergaming. again, it's up to them.

i get that, dw. i'm not truly deepy angry at you. we all make mistakes.

8. TrapLayer

TrapLayer Neutrino

Nebulae:
    Heading off for the night. Responding tomorrow. *Cough* Nov.

9. Yurrie

Yurrie Atom

Nebulae:
    good luck

10. Manio

Manio Mostly Sleepy

Nebulae:
    So you are good with throwing this ban request to bin ye?

11. Yurrie

Yurrie Atom

Nebulae:
    if you are, sure.
    i just dont want to get someone permabanned because of me, even if it is someone like traplayer who's apparently the entire staff hates.
    again i have physically no power other than my opinion. go ahead if you wanna.

12. Blackquill

Blackquill Administrator

Nebulae:
    It's not that the staff hates them, it's that they've got a long record and have been someone we've had to deal with in game a lot (which, is usually brought to our attention via player !help requests and reports)

I know you're worried about them being perma'd or w/e but if things can be straightened out then a perma won't be needed here in the first place

13. Yurrie

Yurrie Atom

Nebulae:
    trap himself seems to be open to accepting his faults and undoing his wrongs, so hopefully it won't. i'm glad this went as non-chaotically as it did despite what i feared when the staff first started grilling him.

14. Blackquill

Blackquill Administrator

Nebulae:
    We're harsh on people who don't seem to listen or show any change to their behaviour despite multiple warnings, bans and so on

Like I said I don't think a perma is necessary here anyway, I think things could've been handled a bit better on our end but we are harsh at times for a reason.

15. Yurrie

Yurrie Atom

Nebulae:
    good then, when he responds in the morning i guess we'll finally be able to wrap this all up
    again sorry to trap for the scare and this whole situation in general, hope youre doin alright

16. Señor Jaggles

Señor Jaggles Prestige 2 Staff Member
    Moderator HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    No, I honestly don't think you did at all. Your tone has not changed and you keep excusing the inexcusable and acting odd to people the moment they go slightly against you.

But rent-free, I guess. Up to the ban management whatever they do, but you can't convince me- nor apparently any of the other staff members- that you changed at all.

17. Dr. Breen

Dr. Breen Welcome. Welcome to City 17.
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:

I beg to differ, in defense of Traplayer. He has improved in some aspects, such as community relations and trying to join, make, run factions, however, there are things he still does that are not exactly on par with what we require from the ruleset. Hence his recent ban.

I'm not exactly after a perm-ban on my side, however, I will not be retracting my one week ban for an alternative issue.

18. Señor Jaggles

Señor Jaggles Prestige 2 Staff Member
    Moderator HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    No, don't get me wrong, I think there's an improvement, but it's not over. Again, regardless, I'm not after a permaban at all, I'm merely pointing out that accumulating bans will obviously lead to longer ones.

19. TrapLayer

TrapLayer Neutrino

Nebulae:
    Someone who actually sees the good in people and know that people can change. Respect+ my man.

I'm really trying to change my unserious behavior. And i guess the previous 'avoidable ban' just got a good strike on me. Resulting in all that trust being thrown out the window once again. Making me have to build it all up a 2nd time.

But i'm afraid i might break another rule in the upcoming weeks due to the fact i don't have anything to lose anymore. My apps literally got ignored and im blacklisted from my favorite faction. I'm basically fighting an battle that i've already lost. I could probably keep myself clean for another 3-6 months as long as i have a reason to do so. But right now there's nothing that's holding back my unserious behavior.

At this point, a fresh start could possibly see my full capability and potential. Because then i have a reason to not break rules. And fully have a serious behavior at all time. But it's hard to do so when you're being judged by the older bans when i literally came out of mingy DarkRp. Doesn't make the situation better that this was also my first "Serious Rp server". But at the end of the day i'm just a stranger, with an understandable *criminal* past. I'm not the one in charge here after all.

20. Manio

Manio Mostly Sleepy

Nebulae:
    Who?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice