Extraction Point
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
dont remember

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So I was actually 10 years old at the time. I was fucking around in Half Life 2 Deathmatch and came across a roleplay server there. It was similar to darkRP semi-serious HL2RP but it was fun nonetheless.

I too transitioned over to GMOD because of the GMOD idiot box. My brother and I shared what is currently now my steam account and we took turns playing GMOD. He preferred the more sandbox stuff and I played on TT and other RP things.

Fastforward to about 2011 I find a server called Relentless gaming, tight nit community which had loads of fun on.

Joined LP - found it a bit overwhelming what with the size of it and the sheer number of people and cogs involved, but stuck around since and played Nebulous regularly from the start and onwards into Helix.

Funniliy enough my brother and I flipped a coin on who was going to get this steam account. If I lost the flip I'd probably have spent majority of my time playing Fifa on my Xbox and focusing on that kinda stuff rather then playing PC games.

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Its true, City of the Dead was made by someone else. I can't remember who but its on the tip of my tongue.

Looking back I still don't know why, if they were meant to lose in the first map, the cops were filled with the best S2Kers and allowed to use shit like Spas-12's while in fortified positions. It absolutely broke the entire thing lol.

Its a shame too because the second half of the event was meant to be a tie-in to that Dark Skies event from 2013 and had cool stuff.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Its true, City of the Dead was made by someone else. I can't remember who but its on the tip of my tongue.

Looking back I still don't know why, if they were meant to lose in the first map, the cops were filled with the best S2Kers and allowed to use shit like Spas-12's while in fortified positions. It absolutely broke the entire thing lol.

Its a shame too because the second half of the event was meant to be a tie-in to that Dark Skies event from 2013 and had cool stuff.
lemon cupcake

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
All I remember about City of the Dead was some kind of big green valley map with cops and rebels all wandering around and then fighting or something and then a swap to c45

And then @Slothmachine and I decided to just pull the plug on the event. I don't quite remember the final straw that caused us to reach that decision though.

As funny as it was in retrospect, that was one of the only times an SD just straight up canned an event midway through, we usually just let them run their course even if they aren't working out as well as hoped. I feel a bit bad about it. Only a lil bit though.

Then it gained the nickname "City of the Roleplay" and gained the noteriety it has.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
And then @Slothmachine and I decided to just pull the plug on the event. I don't quite remember the final straw that caused us to reach that decision though.

It was because the entire first map hinged on rebels winning and literally everyone died in the absolute shitshow of S2K lmao

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
It was because the entire first map hinged on rebels winning and literally everyone died in the absolute shitshow of S2K lmao
yea this is why railroading isn’t a good idea sometimes

that event was a masterclass in how not to run something

everything that could go wrong did go wrong

afaik the c45 edit didn’t even work properly

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae

watching this around age 6~7 with my older brother, who owned Gmod at the time. He never let me play it, so I only got a chance to actually do anything on it in 2014/2015 when I got my own computer and steam account

knew of TF2 before then, played it on an even older account around 2012-2013 on a really bad PC that could only run MvM. Poorly. Lost that account years ago

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Aside from RP servers, Gmod was the ultimate tool for my broke 2013-2017 ass to play games that I had no money for.
I played a lot of GM battle royale on GM_Fork.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
afaik the c45 edit didn’t even work properly
Afiak the edit did work, just by that point everyone was so burned out and OOC because the last map had ended in absolute and total failure.

Lemon just genuinely didn't think ahead at all. You had Harry wallbanging from a cliff, dropping rebels as they charged up a hill with no cover after over half of them had died to the NPC antlions doing the other objectives lol

Like if you're gonna hinge on one side winning, set them up to win???

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Afiak the edit did work, just by that point everyone was so burned out and OOC because the last map had ended in absolute and total failure.

Lemon just genuinely didn't think ahead at all. You had Harry wallbanging from a cliff, dropping rebels as they charged up a hill with no cover after over half of them had died to the NPC antlions doing the other objectives lol

Like if you're gonna hinge on one side winning, set them up to win???

me waiting 45 minutes for the event to start, only to be treated to another 20 minutes of sitting at camp before going to the other side of the valley and seeing every single rebel get instantly pasted

good times