how do I make steam a desktop shortcut/pin to toolbar

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
Alrighty, so basically I really stupidly tried to press open yet I accidentally pressed "Delete" and I don't know what to do now o_O

I've tried so far saving it and trying to make it a shortcut through my files, yet that just directs me to the steam page on google chrome which is really bad for me If I want to talk.

help appreciated

Reactions: List

Krazyface

Proton
Nebulae
find steam in files, drag to desktop, right click, pin to toolbar?

liew

Nebulae
find steam in files, drag to desktop, right click, pin to toolbar?
if you mean go into program files and then drag out steam, i've already tried that. it only makes a shortcut to the files within steam.

Krazyface

Proton
Nebulae
if you mean go into program files and then drag out steam, i've already tried that. it only makes a shortcut to the files within steam.
i mean like the steam icon launcher thing, that you click and it starts steam up

Krazyface

Proton
Nebulae
NWcgryY.png

drag it to desktop and pin it

liew

Nebulae
tbh i just re-installed it and it seemed to fix it lmfao... but i think i now have 2 versions of steam on my pc...

arken

Neutrino
Nebulae
I'm not quite sure how you ended up with two versions of Steam unless you re-specified the installation location, which no offence, if you can't make a shortcut for Steam, I don't think you can change the install location. I'm sure that Steam uninstalls all other version anyway. You can look on your uninstall list by opening Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program and then find the Steam programs and (I recommend) deleting both, then do a fresh install so you aren't confused. I feel you have gone through too much hassle just for a shortcut. Next time you want to make a shortcut go to the program dir (In this case usually C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam) and find the main exe file (Steam.exe) and then right click and create a Shortcut, then drag it onto your desktop. If you then want to pin it, open Steam and then right click on the icon in the taskbar and then click Pin.