how do we know?

Toasty

Roleplay Psychologist
Nebulae
been thinking for a while, and I asked @Bork and @Thy a similar question a few days back and as I did shit again tonight I had same thoughts

how do you know?? how do you really know that what your feeling is real, and not just all placebo? like how can you be sure if you're drunk, high, or have shit like autism

are you drunk, high or autistic because other people tell you that you are
how can they know if your drunk, high or autistic
how does anybody know?
what are the parameters to perceive such information into making an educated answer whereas our reality is infact real

lets say if I hadn't read the effects of getting drunk
how would I know if I was drunk or not?
is it the police officer taking a breathalyzer test that deduces that I am infect drunk?
how does that know if I am drunk or not?? how can a THING know? does it have a brain? i dont know
am I becoming that state of mind, because I read of the effects
and thus act in a way that is appropriate to society in regards to that almighty bottle?

I don't have all the answers right now for you guys, but I am drinking tomorrow so I might know more as I conduct more experimental tests with substance abuse, and alcohol over the next weeks studying at University

also looking forward to valuable input about the question "how do we know?" because how do we really know anything?

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
been thinking for a while, and I asked @Bork and @Thy a similar question a few days back and as I did shit again tonight I had same thoughts

how do you know?? how do you really know that what your feeling is real, and not just all placebo? like how can you be sure if you're drunk, high, or have shit like autism

are you drunk, high or autistic because other people tell you that you are
how can they know if your drunk, high or autistic
how does anybody know?
what are the parameters to perceive such information into making an educated answer whereas our reality is infact real

lets say if I hadn't read the effects of getting drunk
how would I know if I was drunk or not?
is it the police officer taking a breathalyzer test that deduces that I am infect drunk?
how does that know if I am drunk or not?? how can a THING know? does it have a brain? i dont know
am I becoming that state of mind, because I read of the effects
and thus act in a way that is appropriate to society in regards to that almighty bottle?

I don't have all the answers right now for you guys, but I am drinking tomorrow so I might know more as I conduct more experimental tests with substance abuse, and alcohol over the next weeks studying at University

also looking forward to valuable input about the question "how do we know?" because how do we really know anything?

man i thought ethanol fucked with the brain or some shit

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae

Toasty

Roleplay Psychologist
Nebulae
chemicals bind to receptors in your brain

any specific details are pretty slim but that's p much how it works

you just tried to oversimplify a complex question in order to try make sense of it
it just shows us how much we dont know about knowing

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
you just tried to oversimplify a complex question in order to try make sense of it
it just shows us how much we dont know about knowing
why are you trying to make this really deep mr. man

Weeknder

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
first time you smoke weed and you come up with this
keep toking lol
Hahaha

Whenever I smoke weed i'm always like "this isnt gonna get me high." because I heard placebo only happens when you want it to happen. If I keep telling myself i wont get high off this then like 10 minutes later im all thirsty, hungry etc. I know its good.