How do you host with Helix?

contained postal dude

returned, for real this time
Nebulae
I know this is probably a stupid question but a friend of mine is trying to use Helix as the schema, and I thought this would be the best place to post about this issue as he isn't sure what he's doing wrong. Is there things that has to be coded first before Helix actually works or is it just something he's not doing right? If this isn't meant to be in this section then you can move and or delete this.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I know this is probably a stupid question but a friend of mine is trying to use Helix as the schema, and I thought this would be the best place to post about this issue as he isn't sure what he's doing wrong. Is there things that has to be coded first before Helix actually works or is it just something he's not doing right? If this isn't meant to be in this section then you can move and or delete this.

This isn't really the right place for this however Helix is a framework to make your own gamemode such as HL2 RP but isn't a HL2 RP gamemode itself.

Reactions: List

contained postal dude

Nebulae
This isn't really the right place for this however Helix is a framework to make your own gamemode such as HL2 RP but isn't a HL2 RP gamemode itself.
So on it's own it doesn't work unless coding work is done on it then?

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
So on it's own it doesn't work unless coding work is done on it then?

There is a Skeleton schema that you can use as a base for your own schema, as Helix has only just been released there are currently no public fully developed schemas.

Reactions: List

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
Gamemode wise you might be able to nab a gamemode from NS's hl2rp thing and it might just work on helix considering how they're off the same stuff

Not a dev so don't take that as fact but if anyone wants to try it out go head

contained postal dude

Nebulae
There is a Skeleton schema that you can use as a base for your own schema, as Helix has only just been released there are currently no public fully developed schemas.
Alright, thanks for the reply. I guess we'll have to wait until there's a schema made for it.
[doublepost=1539981822][/doublepost]
Gamemode wise you might be able to nab a gamemode from NS's hl2rp thing and it might just work on helix considering how they're off the same stuff

Alright, thanks. We'll give that a try and if it doesn't work then no big, thanks for the suggestion.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae

It won't, they're VERY different.