How to appeal a ban

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
As suggested by @Sectus in a HL2RP thread, I will now write a few guidelines from personal experience that can help you correctly get unbanned. (I have 6 total bans, and have gotten some appealed / removed because they've been slightly off.) Let's start, shall we?

Was the ban justified?
You really gotta put some thought into this. Perhaps, you were actually minging. That would make the ban completely justified. Hence, making a ban appeal would give people the chance to rate you dumb. You would generally be making a fool of yourself, trust me, I know this from personal experience.

You also have to think about experience with bans and the server in general. How long have you been playing? If the answer is anything above 1 month, and other people know this, then maybe making a ban appeal isn't so smart, since you should know better. You also gotta think, "Do I have any previous bans that may make this bans length justified?" etc.

Fucking SA circlejerk they all mak fun of me i mad!! :mad:
Right, first mistake I made in LP. I flamed at the community and the SD etc in a PK appeal because of my uncontrollable anger and the fact that it was in the middle of the night.

This is a very common mistake. You get banned, you get really mad, you smash buttons on your keyboard while writing an angry appeal. Nobody is going to respect that appeal, hell, they may even deny it because it's so disrespectful and angry. Calm down. Take a few hours off the computer before making the appeal.

Making an appeal into a BBQ party where an entire town is invited
So, I've seen this alot too. Before you make your appeal, be sure that you're only tagging the 100% necessary people. If you tag too many people you THINK might be involved, then it'll become a big thread with way too many replies. The ban appeal people will be fricken' annoyed. Also, if someone comes onto your ban appeal, who isn't directly involved or doesn't have relevant information to bring there, don't reply to them with shit like "You're not involved, please don't reply", because you're only adding to the post count on the thread. Just report the not involved post and let an SA remove it.

Use common sense
Alot of people don't really use common sense when writing their appeal. Do so, please. Everything is necessary. Your steam ID, the names of any people involved (Both IC & OOC names) etc. Do your research before the appeal. Know /what/ got you banned 100%, perhaps add the SA / Admin / Operator that banned you on Steam and ask them about it, discuss the ban.

Last but not least

Everything doesn't need an appeal
*operator* has banned *you* for 168 hours (Minging, baiting cops with throwaway characters, metagaming between their own characters to shotcop.)

Don't appeal it. This follows up on the "Was the ban justified" but yeah, don't appeal it. Really, don't. If there's enough proof to punch a ban like that on you, don't appeal it at all. Unless it's like, your first offense and you /REALLY/ want it lowered by a few days, don't.

Okay, that's about it. There's way more I could say but yeah. Also, if this is useful enough or makes good points, sticky it in the ban appeals section. @Big ban appeal people