How to play Gmod without mounting Source games

Raijiin

Electron
Nebulae
Okay, so, you downloaded gmod, but you can't afford/don't want to install games like HL2/EP2/CSS?

Well fret not ! For I have the solution for you !

First This website will have the textures/content for the games that you need, which are HL2 EP:2 and CSS (others are up to you).

Select a download method, and make sure you are downloading GAME CONTENT, and not MAPS, I recommend using Mega, make sure you have an account on it before downloading...

Once you download the content, move on over to gmod, open the game's directory, and head on over to Addons, just put the folder in the downloaded zip file in the addons folder, and you'll be all good !

Now, I know you might be asking 'What if it's a virus?'.
Well, it's not, I've been using this method for a lengthy amount of time, and no issues ever cropped up from it, I even scanned the folder to make sure nothing is infected, and it turned up nothing.

'Will I get banned for this?'
Well, simply no ! Because you're not downloading the entire game, just it's textures, there's no way for you to launch the downloaded games, as it's intended only to be used with Gmod, there's more information on the website if you'd like to know more.

This guide was made to help those who can't afford/CBA to re-install the games, I'm not encouraging piracy in any way, just trying to help y'all.

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
Make sure once you've done this you delete the new 'models' and 'humans' folder that it'll try to add. Clockwork gets fucky w/ it.

Reactions: List

Raijiin

Electron
Nebulae
Make sure once you've done this you delete the new 'models' and 'humans' folder that it'll try to add. Clockwork gets fucky w/ it.

Oh, Never knew this, what problems does it create?

DesertedCake

Proton
Nebulae
Okay, so, you downloaded gmod, but you can't afford/don't want to install games like HL2/EP2/CSS?

Well fret not ! For I have the solution for you !

First This website will have the textures/content for the games that you need, which are HL2 EP:2 and CSS (others are up to you).

Select a download method, and make sure you are downloading GAME CONTENT, and not MAPS, I recommend using Mega, make sure you have an account on it before downloading...

Once you download the content, move on over to gmod, open the game's directory, and head on over to Addons, just put the folder in the downloaded zip file in the addons folder, and you'll be all good !

Now, I know you might be asking 'What if it's a virus?'.
Well, it's not, I've been using this method for a lengthy amount of time, and no issues ever cropped up from it, I even scanned the folder to make sure nothing is infected, and it turned up nothing.

'Will I get banned for this?'
Well, simply no ! Because you're not downloading the entire game, just it's textures, there's no way for you to launch the downloaded games, as it's intended only to be used with Gmod, there's more information on the website if you'd like to know more.

This guide was made to help those who can't afford/CBA to re-install the games, I'm not encouraging piracy in any way, just trying to help y'all.
if you can't afford the orange box for $20, I don't know how your surviving

DesertedCake

Proton
Nebulae
Probably because I'm not an american, and that there's a currency gap that makes me unable to purchase these games, and besides, why download entire games and buy stuff when you can get them for free?
because I have money :neutral_face: