Hunt Down Freeman

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
Some of the playermodels(?) look.. odd - like this guy?

2673dec3b924e991adc91aa8a741f1db.png

and sort of out of place, I like the G-Man voice-acting, even if it's not close to the OG it still sounds quite nice! I'm sort of glad the release date is soon rather then later, and I really hope it's 'lore-friendly' kind of thing. It seems alright!

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae

and sort of out of place, I like the G-Man voice-acting, even if it's not close to the OG it still sounds quite nice! I'm sort of glad the release date is soon rather then later, and I really hope it's 'lore-friendly' kind of thing. It seems alright!
|scar across eye and ear| hecu uniform |

MicroByte

Dan The Meme Man
B A N N E D
Nebulae

Doesn't look that bad tbh, I mean, for me, Gman seems really clear and fluent in speech, which doesn't fit his character.. He should sound less human to me, but, it's just my opinion

Reactions: List

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
is the setting post-liberation because one screenshot shows an ar2

Dan22

Neutrino
Nebulae
Glad to see some interest! I am one of the developers for the game (I work on models and textures for the game). Hopefully there will be more updates soon so you guys can get a better understanding of what the game is about.

The game spans a wide timeline which is why you see the ar2 screenshot.

You can find the official steam group page here http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HuntDownTheFreeman where i'll make sure to keep updated with the latest updates!

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Glad to see some interest! I am one of the developers for the game (I work on models and textures for the game). Hopefully there will be more updates soon so you guys can get a better understanding of what the game is about.

The game spans a wide timeline which is why you see the ar2 screenshot.

You can find the official steam group page here http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HuntDownTheFreeman where i'll make sure to keep updated with the latest updates!
Glad to see that a dev for this game is here! Is the February 2nd release date final?

Dan22

Neutrino
Nebulae
Glad to see that a dev for this game is here! Is the February 2nd release date final?

As far as I know the 2nd of Feb is the final release date.

Also, if you guys have any questions about the lore, the game or anything like that, you can ask me and I'll try to answer and if not I can direct them to director Berkan Denizyaran himself.

About some of the lore concerns, Berkan had this to say:
"About the lore, after I wrote the game, I personally guested Dredile in my home to double check all the lore elements very respected, that you cannot prove but also you cannot deny the events in the Hunt Down The Freeman as the lore goes."

Dredile for those who don't know is a youtuber who makes detailed hl2 lore videos ect.

Last edited:

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae

Also, if you guys have any questions about the lore, the game or anything like that, you can ask me and I'll try to answer and if not I can direct them to director Berkan Denizyaran himself.

"About the lore, after I wrote the game, I personally guested Dredile in my home to double check all the lore elements very respected, that you cannot prove but also you cannot deny the events in the Hunt Down The Freeman as the lore goes."

Dredile for those who don't know is a youtuber who makes detailed hl2 lore videos ect.
Was is easy getting permission from Valve?

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I've got some bad feelings about this - I hate to be a critic but judging from how the game description is worded and a video apparently about some kind of demo which eh...Didn't exactly impress. Now don't get me wrong - I'm not looking at this trying to compare it to masterpieces or anything like that it's just the quality of the story and writing that have me concerned - the concept of the story itself could be done a lot better and I guess bc I've spent so much time looking at the lore of hl2 I feel like a better story could be done.

Although, I have a lot of respect who want to make something and do it their way, but considering it's the half life label and such - kinda hard to not be critical.

The video in question is:

Not sure if it's the same project but this is where the bad impressions of mine have sort of stemmed from - if it's not the same project then I apologize

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae

What engine was this made on? Source?

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
It says that it has parkour in it

if it was made in another engine I was hoping something like Dying Light parkour but now i'm thinking more of just jumping from platform to platform or something

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
It says that it has parkour in it

if it was made in another engine I was hoping something like Dying Light parkour but now i'm thinking more of just jumping from platform to platform or something
Game desc literally says it's in source.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Looks like a game that's only about Freeman for the reason of leeching from the franchise. Not sure what they were aiming for but if it was to mimic Half-Life in any way, they missed it.