I built my PC

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
My old computer needed an upgrade. I couldn't do anything I wanted to do, which most often included multitasking with a bunch of Chrome tabs, Spotify, Garry's Mod, discord, and so on. I bought Escape from Tarkov, but I wasn't able to play that without it looking like a slideshow. GTA V made my computer just turn off for no reason. I ponied up the money and pretty much built from scratch.

unknown.png

Everything but my graphics card is outdated, and I needed more RAM. I decided to get an SSD as well, so things loaded quicker.

1XkHotK.png

This is my PC before the build. My case is pretty old, but it has a cool glass panel on the side (not pictured because we just took it off). My graphics card barely fits inside. It was first thing we removed, and it was hard to get out. You sort of had to turn it a and shake a little to get it to slot properly.

QC6FMz0.png

Absolute unit.

gEce2gB.png

Gross.

k1Y2Bnw.png

bopBMqb.png

Goodbye Intel, hello AMD and colors!

WLJw5K6.png

My PSU, heatsink, and fan all have cool colors.

z60GYEA.png

New build. Ignore my CPU temperature, it's probably a glitch.
[doublepost=1552570193][/doublepost]Oh thanks for @Rainbowlarva for spending 6 straight hours to help me lol.

Last edited:

Vortex

Proton
Nebulae
yeah I like multitasking on my pc as well, that's pretty convenient because my pc needed an upgrade too recently and i got that fixed but it took some days

have fun gaming dude (amd is legit too, lmao intel what have you done)

Reactions: List

bubblegum

Nebulae
yeah I like multitasking on my pc as well, that's pretty convenient because my pc needed an upgrade too recently and i got that fixed but it took some days

have fun gaming dude (amd is legit too, lmao intel what have you done)

I would lag in game at every checkpoint. It was fine if I stayed in one area, but if I walked across a force field or to a checkpoint, lag city.

I'd alt tab, and my computer would freeze, then I'd have to wait and it would take a little bit to alt tab back in.

Vortex

Proton
Nebulae
I would lag in game at every checkpoint. It was fine if I stayed in one area, but if I walked across a force field or to a checkpoint, lag city.

I'd alt tab, and my computer would freeze, then I'd have to wait and it would take a little bit to alt tab back in.
had a different (and much less bad) problem, it got fixed quickly as I said because the computer had been fucked up by the hard drive's condition but it wasn't severe and was ready in a week

at least both of us went through the same horror

bubblegum

Nebulae
had a different (and much less bad) problem, it got fixed quickly as I said because the computer had been fucked up by the hard drive's condition but it wasn't severe and was ready in a week

at least both of us went through the same horror

I think my issue was my ram? I upgraded from 8gb to 16gb. Rust takes a few minutrs to load, when it used to take an hour. I’m not sure what caused such a significant upgrade, if it was my cpu or ram.

Deleted member 3713

My dick way too small to have y’all on it.
Nebulae
My lazy ass paid a friend from Belgium to build it.

Smh someone teach me :(

bubblegum

Nebulae
My lazy ass paid a friend from Belgium to build it.

Smh someone teach me :(

It’s not easy but it’s not that complicated. The motherboard manual will help you a lot. It took me six hours to build this as it was my first time lol.

bubblegum

Nebulae
the hardest part will probably be getting a 3080 in the first place

If I order it online as soon as it's free to purchase I think I'll be okay?

Pollux

Nerd
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
they released em already

Never trust manufacturer benchmarks, I'd wait for independent ones. That being said, the new 3000 series will be an improvement as on paper it offers so much more.

I would still wait just to see how much of an improvement they are over last gen, as they also cost more now.

Bio Junior

Nucleus
Nebulae
My old computer needed an upgrade. I couldn't do anything I wanted to do, which most often included multitasking with a bunch of Chrome tabs, Spotify, Garry's Mod, discord, and so on. I bought Escape from Tarkov, but I wasn't able to play that without it looking like a slideshow. GTA V made my computer just turn off for no reason. I ponied up the money and pretty much built from scratch.

unknown.png

Everything but my graphics card is outdated, and I needed more RAM. I decided to get an SSD as well, so things loaded quicker.

1XkHotK.png

This is my PC before the build. My case is pretty old, but it has a cool glass panel on the side (not pictured because we just took it off). My graphics card barely fits inside. It was first thing we removed, and it was hard to get out. You sort of had to turn it a and shake a little to get it to slot properly.

QC6FMz0.png

Absolute unit.

gEce2gB.png

Gross.

k1Y2Bnw.png

bopBMqb.png

Goodbye Intel, hello AMD and colors!

WLJw5K6.png

My PSU, heatsink, and fan all have cool colors.

z60GYEA.png

New build. Ignore my CPU temperature, it's probably a glitch.
[doublepost=1552570193][/doublepost]Oh thanks for @Rainbowlarva for spending 6 straight hours to help me lol.
Nice upgrade, the motherboard and the CPU is pretty much the ones I have right now.