I Can't Get into CW:HL2 Without Crashing to desktop (any fix)

Modern

String
Nebulae
Hey

I'm trying to join the CW:HL2 Role play server . I already have all the add-ons downloaded but when i'm loading the materials at the end is Blood_Poddle_01.vtf it will stop there and my game will crash with a engine error.

===

Engine Error

Failed to lock vertex buffer in
CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer: nVertexCount=15,
mFirstVertex=0

===

I tried mutable times to join the server and it will crash with that engine error.

Edit: reinstalling it does not help at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Sparky

Proton
Nebulae
Same issue here unfortunately.
Edit: Reinstalling the game fixed the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Modern

String
Nebulae
it think that is add-ons that are the cause of it crash it only crashes on that part Blood_Poddle_01.vtf?

any help to fix it?

Wash

Nucleus
Nebulae
it think that is add-ons that are the cause of it crash it only crashes on that part Blood_Poddle_01.vtf?

any help to fix it?

Re-installing the game would have a limited impact, the items I would care about more would end up being around the Addons folder. Did you check to make sure it is empty before reinstalling the game?

Sometimes there are some foldiers and files that stay regardless of shutdown, and instead opt to delete what I consider to be "Tagged" files that get removed when you hit the uninstall key.

Modern

String
Nebulae
i tried and still it crashes on something else now

edit: with a different error code

Sparky

Proton
Nebulae
i tried and still it crashes on something else now

edit: with a different error code
What fixed it for me was not only reinstalling the game, but making sure to delete EVERYTHING that was left over in the garrysmod directory before reinstalling. I'm not sure if the same fix will work for you, but it is all I can recommend.