I fucked up a birthday present, help please.

TheInnkeeper

Fear the Old Blood
Premium Member
Nebulae
Okay yeah so long story short I was gonna buy @LykosNychi Total war: Warhammer 2 as a belated bday present but I decided, since money's tight, to get him a code from a keyseller (cdkeys, which's worked before for me for the same game and for pubg). However, it was rather sneakily region-locked to EU, so he can't use it.

If anyone here is in the EU and was planning to get TW:W2, I still have the code, It'd be great if you could help me out ASAP.

I could also probably pay you some extra, since I feel like a total ass.
@Blackquill feel free to remove / move if this shouldn't be here, just in a bit of panic mode rn

LykosNychi

Nucleus
Nebulae
Okay yeah so long story short I was gonna buy @LykosNychi Total war: Warhammer 2 as a belated bday present but I decided, since money's tight, to get him a code from a keyseller (cdkeys, which's worked before for me for the same game and for pubg). However, it was rather sneakily region-locked to EU, so he can't use it.

If anyone here is in the EU and was planning to get TW:W2, I still have the code, It'd be great if you could help me out ASAP.

I could also probably pay you some extra, since I feel like a total ass.
@Blackquill feel free to remove / move if this shouldn't be here, just in a bit of panic mode rn
xU3i8.png

Was actually really looking forward to playing this with Sandie. Checked the link that he gave me, and the reseller did specifially state that it was an International code, that was useable everywhere except Australia and Japan.

When Sandie inputted the code to test it after my mishap, it worked for him (though obv he couldn't activate it as he already owned it, it just confirmed that it was functional.)

Basically, Sandie here has just had his first run-in with faulty code resellers, and we both got dunked on for it.

:(

Reactions: List

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
I'd highly suggest waiting for a response from the report before asking people to buy you a new game/key in exchange for the old one.

The first thing they'll do if they notice the original key has been used is A: - not refund you or B: de-activate the key, meaning the person you swapped with gets fucked over.

Reactions: List

LykosNychi

Nucleus
Nebulae
I'd highly suggest waiting for a response from the report before asking people to buy you a new game/key in exchange for the old one.

The first thing they'll do if they notice the original key has been used is A: - not refund you or B: de-activate the key, meaning the person you swapped with gets fucked over.
If we get this sorted out, then he can cancel the support request.

I think Sandie is just trying to cover his bases here, and I think we were both hoping that I'd be able to play this with him before Wednesday, at which point we have to wait another 3 days.

-Shrug-
It'll be sorted somehow eventually.

TheInnkeeper

Fear the Old Blood
Premium Member
Nebulae
at the very worst i wait until oct 31st and give the eu locked key away for free
e: i get paid on oct 31st fyi