I have a stupid amount of gmod hours (25k) AMA

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
MBL3Qy1.png

cover1.jpg

Reactions: List

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

Cindy

Nebulae
Are you okay, genuinely?

considering I barely average a couple hours a week playing games at all now, yeah. a lot better lol.

I like to think between me maturing as an adult, me cauterizing my connection to the community I spent nearly all of those hours on, and also just having focused on nurturing my mental health has shot out my initial dependency for the escapism gmodrp initially offered me as a troubled youth. definitely a lot better off than the younger iteration of me that first set out on gmod in 2008.

mate that's almost literally 3 years of your life wasted in a game

ive owned the game since 2008 and its also definitely worth noting that i had a habit of leaving my pc on a lot when i slept, but yeah.

when you grew up isolated from the rest of society deep in the neck of the woods and were stricken with the weight of desperately wanting to pretend to be someone you weren't it really was just a recipe for being glued to this shit. 0/10 do not recommend.

at least it got me into writing and the desire to pursue it as my career
[doublepost=1624031586][/doublepost]genuinely do not fucking know how i ended up alright after the absolute absurd amount of brainrot i was exposed to as a teen. its worse when you consider basically my entire upbringing in learning how to talk to people, how to socialize, etc. stemmed from my excessive time poured into gmod.

Last edited:

SleepyMode

woah
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
If you don't have the one year achievement, then it's mostly farmed outside of servers (probs when you were leaving your PC open?)
otherwise, have you considered a mental institution?

Cindy

Nebulae
If you don't have the one year achievement, then it's mostly farmed outside of servers (probs when you were leaving your PC open?)
otherwise, have you considered a mental institution?

I regret to inform that I do possess the achievement

given that I am a functioning adult that seldom spends as much time or thought as I used to toward roleplay (other than as a writing exercise) I think it's safe to say that I am officially recovered(TM) from my ailment of being a ronjlay addict

Kekkuda

Neutrino
Nebulae
A bit late to this conversation, but how did you spend most of that time? mostly on RP servers or just across a bunch of gamemodes?