I have never played GTA RP

Hunk

Extraction Point
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Hello, its me.

I've never played GTA RP.

I'm tempted to give it a shot but I'm also tempted to just let it be as it is.

Please convince me whether I should try it or not.

I also have 2 questions:

As someone from the outside that has only seen GTA RP on youtube/twitch...

... what will neb's GTArp have that other servers don't?

And

... will it be less strict on roleplay and allow more freedom of roleplay and action or will it be as strict as some GTArp servers I've seen?

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Please convince me whether I should try it or not.
That’s not something we’re going to do, either play it or don’t.

... what will neb's GTArp have that other servers don't?
Go look at all the various GTA RP servers that are public or whitelisted. You’ll very quickly realise they are all almost identical and for the most part use the same addons that are inspired by nopixel.

We’re not doing that.

florek

Electron
Nebulae

Go look at all the various GTA RP servers that are public or whitelisted. You’ll very quickly realise they are all almost identical and for the most part use the same addons that are inspired by nopixel.

We’re not doing that.
Actually I need to ask, what was your/whoever else works on this inspiration for making a GTA RP server when there's already a dozen of them across multiple platforms?

Just asking out of curiosity.

Reactions: List

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Actually I need to ask, what was your/whoever else works on this inspiration for making a GTA RP server when there's already a dozen of them across multiple platforms?

Just asking out of curiosity.
I started RP in GMod 9 on a server called GModCentral that was city rp. We had multiple city rp servers in LemonPunch but GMod just isn’t a good fit for it.

It’s something I always enjoyed and wanted to revisit.

GTA has so much content and a fully capable engine, it’s the perfect foundation for it.

florek

Electron
Nebulae
I started RP in GMod 9 on a server called GModCentral that was city rp. We had multiple city rp servers in LemonPunch but GMod just isn’t a good fit for it.

It’s something I always enjoyed and wanted to revisit.

GTA has so much content and a fully capable engine, it’s the perfect foundation for it.
Ah, alright. Interesting to hear. Though do you not fear competition from big names like NoPixel that already established themselves?

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Ah, alright. Interesting to hear. Though do you not fear competition from big names like NoPixel that already established themselves?
Not at all, that’s more of a reason to do it then to stay away from it. If we fear competition then we might as well just close up now and not bother making anything.

Suyu

Proton
Nebulae
Not at all, that’s more of a reason to do it then to stay away from it. If we fear competition then we might as well just close up now and not bother making anything.

How exactly are you planning on launching a brand new server in an overcrowded space in which you have exactly zero presence at current, with no plans of offering any sort of incentives or advertisement to attract players, with your current active playerbase on your only active server (in a near unrelated game with low player transferability due to technical as well as gameplay reasons) numbering, extremely generously, in the dozens? How many players who are as of now promising their presence in the future do you figure will actually install a 100 gigabyte plus game on top of your custom, closed-source framework that nobody has right now and all the compatibility issues it might present when it actually comes to launching it? What exact advantages do you offer over other servers other than the vacuous notion of having a "custom framework", despite no clear pros that offers when your feature set is at worst backwards and at best comparable to Multi Theft Auto from a decade ago? Do you perhaps expect that your efforts in reinventing the wheel will be rewarded in some metaphysical sense and you will get players based off that - I seem to be missing something here.

florek

Electron
Nebulae
How exactly are you planning on launching a brand new server in an overcrowded space in which you have exactly zero presence at current, with no plans of offering any sort of incentives or advertisement to attract players, with your current active playerbase on your only active server (in a near unrelated game with low player transferability due to technical as well as gameplay reasons) numbering, extremely generously, in the dozens? How many players who are as of now promising their presence in the future do you figure will actually install a 100 gigabyte plus game on top of your custom, closed-source framework that nobody has right now and all the compatibility issues it might present when it actually comes to launching it? What exact advantages do you offer over other servers other than the vacuous notion of having a "custom framework", despite no clear pros that offers when your feature set is at worst backwards and at best comparable to Multi Theft Auto from a decade ago? Do you perhaps expect that your efforts in reinventing the wheel will be rewarded in some metaphysical sense and you will get players based off that - I seem to be missing something here.
cope?

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
You're missing paragraphs for a start.

We're not looking to attract the same player base we already have or had, I thought we made that pretty clear.

I'm not sure if I should bother answering the rest because it seems to mostly be speculation.

Rictalspace

Manager of Fist Industries
Nebulae
If I remember rightly, we started LemonPunch with not much and look how that went.

We enjoyed competition, as it kept us imaginative and motivated to try new things.

We'll be fine.

Deleted member 28

What a pathetic string of words
Nebulae

We’re not doing that.
Are there any specific examples of this?

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Are there any specific examples of this?
None of these are actually NoPixel.

BEhehFe.png

If you look at the ones I didn't highlight on YouTube or something and you know what the NP UI looks like, you'll quickly see.

Deleted member 28

What a pathetic string of words
Nebulae

BEhehFe.png

If you look at the ones I didn't highlight on YouTube or something and you know what the NP UI looks like, you'll quickly see.
As in what new plugins and addons are planned to be added?

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

BEhehFe.png

think you'll stand out by just not having a darkrp description and doing the sleek standard

Hunk

Extraction Point
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

I mean it as a joke, I wasn't expecting you to give me an essay on how gtaRP is c00l. Wanted to hear people's opinion on it cus I've seen good and bads

We’re not doing that.

Looking forward to see it honestly

Last edited:

Deleted member 2925

pilotbland's best friend
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I mean it as a joke, I wasn't expecting you to give me an essay on how gtaRP is c00l. Wanted to hear people's opinion on it cus I've seen good and bads
honestly depends on the server.

I’ve not played, though i’ve watched a lot of content creators play. It really all comes down to how the server is managed and what player base it attracts. Having devs who are very selective with what they’re adding to the server is also a big part of success. You’ll see some servers that have some really dumb shit like cars that go 1000MPH.

As long as it doesn’t get a lot of children joining and heavily enforces the seriousRP nature the server is trying to have, all should go well IMO.

SeriousRP isn’t really the word i’m looking for. When I think of GTARP, it’s within a fine line between serious and semi-serious.

I’ve told Alex multiple times, I genuinely think bigger GTARP servers have some serious competition in terms of development.

Last edited:

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
from what I know, most good servers with good staff and developer teams are typically full

so if you develop a good server and staff it well and commit to developing, you will probably do alright.

i'm happy to play it because i've always considered GTA RP, but never wanted to jump into a random community when i could just play other games with people i know.

key

Nebulae
If I remember rightly, we started LemonPunch with not much and look how that went.

We enjoyed competition, as it kept us imaginative and motivated to try new things.

We'll be fine.
the only thing that sucked about GMod competition was how hostile it got sometimes. hopefully any competition with GTA RP is kept strictly friendly/professional.