If Max Payne 3 wasn't named Max Payne 3, it could've been a pretty good game.

depthjacks

Proton
Nebulae
Till this day i still cannot understand why Max Payne 3 has a positive rating. The second game was the ending to Max, it shows how he has moved on, there was litteraly no reason for him to have another sequel.

Now, am i saying that Max Payne 3 was the WORST game ever? No, but it doesnt fit who Max really is. If the game wasnt name Max Payne, it would be a really good game, but ut just isnt, because of the fact how they treated Max as a character. Its like as if the devs of the game have never played a Max Payne game.

Oh well, my dumbass rant ends here, im gonna go play russian rollet, if you see anymore posts by me, this means that i have survived.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Molecule
Nebulae
Max Payne 3 is in my top 3 for rockstar games, there are videos discussing the development process for the game stating how the creators wanted to deviate away from the older Max Payne games, and it worked out really well

Don’t really know what you’re on about in all honesty pal, you’re saying the game should be rated negatively because they decided to change Max’s storyline slightly to accomodate another game in the franchise?

Reactions: List

depthjacks

Proton
Nebulae
Max Payne 3 is in my top 3 for rockstar games, there are videos discussing the development process for the game stating how the creators wanted to deviate away from the older Max Payne games, and it worked out really well

Don’t really know what you’re on about in all honesty pal, you’re saying the game should be rated negatively because they decided to change Max’s storyline slightly to accomodate another game in the franchise?
No, the problem is that there wasnt even any need for a third Max Payne game. I have played all 3 games, i even began with the third game.

After finishing the trilogy, i noticed that the third game is useless. In the second game Max has moved on with all his losses, including his pain killer addiction and dead family, after Mona dies.

Max's story was supposed to end there, because there was nothing else left for a third game. But wait, rockstar came in, took the rights to the game and COMPETELY threw away the second game. Its like as if the game devs of max payne 3 have never played a max payne game.

But, if max payne 3 wasnt named max payne, it could've been a good game. Ya know what, here have this link to this review video. The review is kinda negative, due to the fact that the maker of it is a nihilist, but atleast he can explain better then me why i dislike the third game.

Now, is there a problem with liking the third game? No, the game has a relly good idea, its just that its named a Max Payne game, while it really isnt.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
If you think I'm just going to let the world take away another James McCaffrey performance from my life, you can think again

depthjacks

Proton
Nebulae
If you think I'm just going to let the world take away another James McCaffrey performance from my life, you can think again
Im pretty sure that McCaffrey is doing fine.

Last edited:

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
max payne 2 was unnecessary seeing as the story was over the minute max was put into the back of that cop car and had the 'smile of a winner' or whatever the quote was

max payne 2 is the weakest in the story, purely because it has too strict a convention to roots in noire with a femme fatale and predictable structure

you have to give it to max payne 3 that it definitely tried to break the boundaries and conventions by creating a twisting plot in the favelas of brazil and flashbacks to panama, new york and such

2 definitely left me feeling that max was worse off than the ending of 1, and 3 left a satisfying wrap up

that's a basic reason

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
the funniest thing to me about max payne is that max payne 3 was what max payne 1 was parodying

but actually good

Reactions: List

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
max payne 3 definitely has some cynical quotes that hit off tempo seeing as they're referencing things that aren't exactly relevant or relatable anymore when compared to 1, but it definitely has the snappy writing to contend

rockstar came in, took the rights to the game and COMPETELY threw away the second game.
absolutely false, there's more references to the second installment than there is the first, actually

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
Max Payne 1 will always be one of the smartest written and absolutely kino games of all time but 3 is cool too