If you could be born in any year and any place in history, where would you pick and why?

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
Title question

I chose Tokyo, 1960 so I could be 20 by 1980, something about 80s Japan speaks to me.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the year 3000

not much would change but we'd probably all live underwater

likely due to global warming and rising sea levels

Reactions: List

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
the year 3000
dcCpNMO.png

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
so like 30th Millenium Sumerians shit

3rd millenium

31st century i think

honestly i just want to see if things get better

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
3rd millenium

31st century i think

honestly i just want to see if things get better
yeah idk why i typed 30th i think i just watched too much horus heresy content my bad

on top of that yeah extremely ancient time periods would be wack to see.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
post ww2 yugoslavia, slovenia, maybe 1950

Don’t mean to sound like a tankie but almost every old person I’ve spoken to has held that period under Tito with such high regard, Yugoslavia at the time rivaled Western nations in development and was largely uninvolved in the cold war due to the split

Slovenia was also always the most developed/richest region in Yugoslavia aside from Croatia

Yugoslavia splits in early 90s, Slovenia leaves (mostly) peacefully and remains the richest and most successful former yugoslav state which is largely uninvolved in a lot of the “balkan” politics

join the EU a decade and some later

retire around 2015, live the last few decades of my life in the most technologically advanced and peaceful period in history, maybe die before having to reap the effects of global warming

Most of it is just to see what it was like during the period

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae

Chicago World's Fair (1893).
The White City, the Colombia Exposition.
Looking_West_From_Peristyle%2C_Court_of_Honor_and_Grand_Basin%2C_1893.jpg

The amount of genius packed into one event is outstanding. The artists, the sculptures, the machines, the electrical works. This is the pinnacle of American domestic glory. A city so unbelievable it's hard to believe it truly existed. Had a history of technology professor who was also my Gilded Age history professor who went on about all the ground-breaking technology that was presented here. What fascinates me most about it is that there were people in this age, who had been born not knowing much sophisticated technology, if any, and for them to come to an event like this, it would blow their mind and lead them to believe that the future is bright and that man can do anything.

Also, if you were born in 1873, you would potentially participate in:
American-Indian Wars
Boxer Rebellion
Spanish-American War
Philippines-American War.

Without the struggle of going through:
World War I
World War II
Korea
Vietnam
etc.

I wish I had a time machine and a HD video recorder.

D

Deleted member 3818

I don't know what year exactly but I'd go for the levant sometime between 1-600AD, either to witness the birth of Christianity or Islam. I like the heat, the palm trees, hummus and roman occupation.
iu

iu

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
2000, the Czech Republic.
I'm pretty happy having modern medicine, technology, entertainment, values, democracy, education, etc etc, even if many things can still obviously be improved, need continuous attention or bring downsides as well. Still, I believe the upsides are well worth it.
Also, living in the present can be pretty exciting, given you don't know what'll happen and can have some effect on it.
And finally, even if it'll sound corny as hell, there are people I've met thanks to being born here in 2000 that I would never give up.

Last edited:

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Right when I was actually born in modern history, I mean, I’m gay as hell, I would’ve been stoned or something if I go too far back and I ain’t risking it.

Plus medicine and not dying from TB/cholera is neat

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
Right when I was actually born in modern history, I mean, I’m gay as hell, I would’ve been stoned or something if I go too far back and I ain’t risking it.

Plus medicine and not dying from TB/cholera is neat
Just go back to before the abrahamic religions and you should be good on the gay front

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Just go back to before the abrahamic religions and you should be good on the gay front
ON THAT NOTE

ANCIENT GREECE

The less than good medicine still blows, but it was the psychological/philosophical REVOLUTION and I fucking love all that