Serious I'm considering buying a VR headset, but i have some issues

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
So i've been thinking about purchasing a PS-VR headset with the move controllers, since i already own a PS4 for almost a year now, and i've also heard that theres a possibility of connecting PSVR to your PC in order to play SteamVR games

my specs aren't that great

gggg.png

I've heard that an RTX 1060 holds up pretty well, a 3GB variant costs only 450PLN, one of my pals has it and he's able to play HL:Alyx on minimal settings.
But i don't want to spend 4k PLN on a Valve Index, i've also considered buying a Oculus Quest, that's still almost 2K PLN and it'd still require me to upgrade my PC but at least it's compatible with every VR game on the steam market

Should i go for the PSVR, should i save up a lil more money and go for the Oculus Quest/WMR or should i just forget about it since my PC specs are so shit

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Intel Core i5-6400 2.70 GHz
GTX 750 Ti
8GB Ram
Windows 10
Motherboard: Lenovo Skyboard
need minimum 16 gb ram, new cpu and gpu (imo)

if you can at all, i'd consider something above a 1060 for the sake of future proofing as well

if not settle for that and get the rest and a cheap vr

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
need minimum 16 gb ram, new cpu and gpu (imo)

if you can at all, i'd consider something above a 1060 for the sake of future proofing as well

if not settle for that and get the rest and a cheap vr

Yeah that'd cost me at least 3k, so it defo goes out the window at least for now
i LOVE vr but my broke bitch ass can't afford the necessary components in order to make it enjoyable
should i just go with the PSVR? Apparently it'll support games on PS5 and you can link it to your PC if you do some funky stuff

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
If you're aiming to play PC games then you should get a Oculus Quest + Link Cable to connect it to the PC. It's natively done to be able to play PC games. But then it's just cheaper to get a Oculus Rift S.

PSVR is not a great headset, nor are the controllers. Plus you're going to buy additional software to make it run on PC, Trinus PSVR is one of them.

You MUST upgrade, at the very least, the graphics card. I have an i5-6600, GTX 1060 6GB and 8 GB of RAM memory and ithey always performed smoothly on VR (although I've borrowed my brother's setup just to play Alyx).

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
If you're aiming to play PC games then you should get a Oculus Quest + Link Cable to connect it to the PC. It's natively done to be able to play PC games. But then it's just cheaper to get a Oculus Rift S.

PSVR is not a great headset, nor are the controllers. Plus you're going to buy additional software to make it run on PC, Trinus PSVR is one of them.

You MUST upgrade, at the very least, the graphics card. I have an i5-6600, GTX 1060 6GB and 8 GB of RAM memory and ithey always performed smoothly on VR (although I've borrowed my brother's setup just to play Alyx).
How about a Oculus Rift? It’s around 200usd and i’d definetley be able to purchase that and a new graphics card

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
How about a Oculus Rift? It’s around 200usd and i’d definetley be able to purchase that and a new graphics card
It's the one I have. It's great even if you buy it used.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
I myself have bought a Oculus Rift S, and it’s a really great headset, better than the HTC Vive, and cheaper than it too. Don‘t bother with the PS4 headset, it‘s not a very high quality one.

Also I have a 3GB VRAM GPU aswell, and it runs most VR Games I have pretty good. I‘ve seen people running HL:A with a GTX 1060 3GB on the lowest settings with around 50-60 FPS. (Low settings looks pretty good still)

I am gonna buy HL:A, I will upgrade my RAM from 8 GB to 16 GB tho.

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
I have a gtx 980 and it works perfectly
[doublepost=1585092369][/doublepost]
50-60 fps is actually the bare minimum for VR, for you need at least 90 to feel comfortable.

Tbh I lag sometimes during load and it makes me immediately vr sick lol

Reactions: List

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Bit late to the thread but if you are still needing assistance in delving into VR, i'm happy to help.

Quick tidbits

1060 3gb will not be enough. a 1060 with 6gb is barely enough, you will want to buy with the future in mind. a 1660super i would put as a bare minimum.

Go with the Oculus S - the quest is for dabbling in VR, if you want vr with full functionality that gives the designed visuals and performance, go with the S.