I'm new and can't connect to server

depressed

String
Nebulae
Alright, so I tried connecting to the server, it started downloading a ton of addons etc.. and when I was about to get in the server my game crashes. I've repeated the process 3 times, every time it is the same. I do not have any history with the server, and never tried connecting all together until now. So, any help?

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Ensure you have the content and the required games.
(CSS, EP1, EP2)

If it keeps crashing, check your addons folder. If you have a considerable amount of files, then Garrysmod will likely be unstable.
To solve this, purge your workshop files of anything unnecessary.

key

Nebulae
Moved this to Technical Support

depressed

String
Nebulae
Okay, I wasn't aware the 3 mentioned games were needed. Is there a way I can connect without buying those?

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
Guys, loading in more content into the game won't help, he crashes every time he joins the server, it's not a problem with textures

Usually the best solution for this is just completely reinstalling the game with deleting everything from it's files, and letting it download all the addons again. Unsubscribing unneeded will also help a lot, plus boost your performance quite a lot. Had a similar problem before, and this here was the best solution from which I tried