Suggestion Improving the F5 Menu

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
When someone disconnects from the server. Their player ID and time since disconnecting should hover above their last location when interacting with the F5 menu. This information will hover for five minutes before disappearing.

This will make combat loggers and other bad actors a lot easier to report.

Cineron

Proton
Nebulae
What I hear you saying is you would prefer a more robust player report system. While I'm not aware of the circumstances that led to this suggestion I would like to say that I agree that a reporting system is important to facilitate fairness among players. I think that if you were to get in touch with the current staff that manage the server they would be happy to resolve your specific issues.

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
What I hear you saying is you would prefer a more robust player report system. While I'm not aware of the circumstances that led to this suggestion I would like to say that I agree that a reporting system is important to facilitate fairness among players. I think that if you were to get in touch with the current staff that manage the server they would be happy to resolve your specific issues.
First and foremost, this suggestion did not sprout from an incident on the server. It's a precautionary suggestion at best.

The method of reporting the player is not the topic at hand. It's the method to identify those that decide to disconnect from the server amidst a scenario. Presently, you cannot identify a player that disconnects from the server, and that can cause unnecessary problems down the line without the intervention of the staff team.

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
First and foremost, this suggestion did not sprout from an incident on the server. It's a precautionary suggestion at best.

The method of reporting the player is not the topic at hand. It's the method to identify those that decide to disconnect from the server amidst a scenario. Presently, you cannot identify a player that disconnects from the server, and that can cause unnecessary problems down the line without the intervention of the staff team.
We don't know though if there are methods to identify a player that disconnects from the server as an admin. I'm sure they have logs and it might not be information that you need to know.

I'm happy with the way it is right now, I'm only challenging the idea because upon pressing F5, you can confirm that somebody has DC'd by the fact that the number is no longer there, which I quite enjoy. If the number persisted past their dc, then you could think it was a bug or that they've gone invisible or some shit like that

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
We don't know though if there are methods to identify a player that disconnects from the server as an admin. I'm sure they have logs and it might not be information that you need to know.
There is, and they do.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
We have a lot of logging in place, although we rely on your reports with the F5 identifier we can find that ID throughout out logs if logged actions take place.

Reactions: List

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I'm sure they have logs and it might not be information that you need to know.
For as long as this piece of information is required to file a report against a player, it is a piece of information that the playerbase should be able to acquire with ease. There are logs, but it doesn't guarantee they'll find the culprit.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
For as long as this piece of information is required to file a report against a player, it is a piece of information that the playerbase should be able to acquire with ease. There are logs, but it doesn't guarantee they'll find the culprit.
If you have a time that they disconnected, we can find it.