Indian hackers broke into my Twitch Account

RaphaelDeFusco

Electron
Nebulae
So basically a little over three hours ago, I got a shit ton of spam emails from Twitch, stating that various users from India was logging into my account. So I logged in, reset my password, added 2 factor verification and disabled my account after removing affiliated links. So here is my question, I noticed these hackers affiliated my account to something called CurseForge, has my account been used to upload viruses or what is the purpose of that?

lucid

aussie battler
Nebulae
So basically a little over three hours ago, I got a shit ton of spam emails from Twitch, stating that various users from India was logging into my account. So I logged in, reset my password, added 2 factor verification and disabled my account after removing affiliated links. So here is my question, I noticed these hackers affiliated my account to something called CurseForge, has my account been used to upload viruses or what is the purpose of that?

it's legit some type of minecraft plugin manager, I don't have the faintest clue why they'd utilise your account for that to be honest

also if they've accessed your account without you logging into any shady sites you probably have a keylogger or something on your computer, you should probably do a full virus scan but formatting your PC is always the guaranteed safe option

Reactions: List

nine

Neutrino
Nebulae
formatting is a little drastic for one account compromise, scan with malwarebytes, practice good information security and don't be stupid online, you'll be fine.