Instantly disconnects upon joining

Jamesey

String
Nebulae
dunno if this the right place to post this, but when i join the server in the corner after a few seconds it starts showing the red ''disconnecting in X seconds'' message ive tried multible times but it always shows up.

also it takes forever for the server to load in

Reactions: List

Jamesey

String
Nebulae
im only subscribed to the ones in the content pack. also weirdly without addons it dosent disconnect but then of course its all errors.

venutianPunk

Leftist Cuck
Nebulae
Yo. I had the same problem and I fixed it. See here

TL;DR: Clean up storage space on your PC, clean up your GMod Addons to only those you actually use, try to better your internet connection if you can but that really comes after the whole cleaning up storage space.

Jamesey

String
Nebulae
yeah but I have 330gb free on my pc and I had only installed the servers addons so I dont know about that. but my internet is fine ive always had good ping.

venutianPunk

Leftist Cuck
Nebulae
I'm not technically proficient on this or anything then, but what I did before I fixed it was I kept typing 'retry' in console and rejoining until I wasn't disconnecting.

A good measure to keep in mind is A. the disconnecting text isn't there (of course), but also B. that the main menu music plays.

Jamesey

String
Nebulae
hm after setting all my graphics settings to the lowest. making the game look really ugly i was finally able to join. so its either have the game look really bad or be unable to join.