Serious Is there a way to get CSS/HL2EP1/2 content

Spock

Shows up every other month to read ban appeals
Nebulae
I've got the games and all, but they're quite large, and space is at a premium on my current device. Is there a way to just get the essential content, without downloading the full game?

Spock

Nebulae
How much space you got left?
I have 21 GB left, however this is a shared computer, and the majority of my computer's storage is devoted to bootcamp for windows. (Yes, I'm a mac fag, ha ha) while I do think I'll be able to download the games, Garry's mod has a habit of crashing due to lack of storage.

Edit: According to the terminal, I have 5 gigs left for Mac

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I have 21 GB left, however this is a shared computer, and the majority of my computer's storage is devoted to bootcamp for windows. (Yes, I'm a mac fag, ha ha) while I do think I'll be able to download the games, Garry's mod has a habit of crashing due to lack of storage.

Edit: According to the terminal, I have 5 gigs left for Mac
CSS = 4 GB
EP 1 = 1.6
EP 2 = 3.03

Total: 8.9 GB in total

Spock

Nebulae
CSS = 4 GB
EP 1 = 1.6
EP 2 = 3.03

Total: 8.9 GB in total
It doesn't seem like I'll have trouble downloading the content itself, rather, Gerald's mode will likely crash, due to lack of RAM. Is there a way to up RAM allowance for the computer or just gmod?

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
It doesn't seem like I'll have trouble downloading the content itself, rather, Gerald's mode will likely crash, due to lack of RAM. Is there a way to up RAM allowance for the computer or just gmod?
Download more ram xd

In all seriousness you might be able to get by with just the essentials - CSS and ep 1

Spock

Nebulae
Download more ram xd

In all seriousness you might be able to get by with just the essentials - CSS and ep 1
inb4 devs make an addon with CSS and the EPs content but yeah we'll see first with full content

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
Download more ram xd

I think the game content is way less in space, it'll have less of an effect, don't you think?
speaking about the one you download from that one shady website.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I think the game content is way less in space, it'll have less of an effect, don't you think?
speaking about the one you download from that one shady website.
I mean if he owns the games then I don't see the issue in it; although p sure it causes issues as seen with ppl like @Tzula having broken sounds

Reactions: List

Spock

Nebulae
I mean if he owns the games then I don't see the issue in it; although p sure it causes issues as seen with ppl like @Tzula having broken sounds
Not to mention gmod constantly trying to break the games of people who pirate content
[doublepost=1524780638][/doublepost]Doesn't matter I suppose, I'm likely getting a new, useful laptop soon.
Edit: that is, a dedicated gaming computer.

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
Not to mention gmod constantly trying to break the games of people who pirate content
[doublepost=1524780638][/doublepost]Doesn't matter I suppose, I'm likely getting a new, useful laptop soon.
i have the half-life's but not CSS, and it seems to work fine for me.

Spock

Nebulae
i have the half-life's but not CSS, and it seems to work fine for me.
I just realized it might help if I close war thunder as well as world of warships
[doublepost=1524780802][/doublepost]
soNLCS1.png

Edit: If it would help, I could post the crash logs.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Jimbo

Molecule
Nebulae
Download and put in add-ons. Completely legal, I used it back when I didn't have the games.

http://kajar9.wixsite.com/cscheater2/downloads

This doesn't give you the game. It just took the textures/materials/maps/models from the SDKs and packaged them. The SDK is free so... obviously this is free and legal.
just to add to this you're gonna want to delete the css model files when you install it, if you don't it fucks with the model animations in clockwork
there's also a few sounds you can delete if you don't want to hear static 24/7 in outlands