Accepted Isaac's unban appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Apocalyptic_Warfare_, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apocalyptic_Warfare_

Nebulae:
    Your Steam Name: Apocalyptic_Warfare
    Your Steam ID (We use this to unban you): STEAM_1:1:206868420

Server: Half life 2 RP
    Character Name (If Applicable): Isaac "Jack" Bright
    Length: One day

Admin Who Banned You (Tag them with @ before their name): @Flippy

What were you banned for?: Using a TP door in a sweep
    Why Should You Be Unbanned?: So, let me explain my situation. We recently got a shipment with radios, that i was gonna go sell for. So i told Ra, witch is one of the Vort's, saying that i'l be going to Station 47 so i can sell my radios, nobody was there. So i went to go grab a ration, when i came back if seen that there was some blood around some walls ect. So i went to outpost Charlie, on the way i found a player, and he seemed very chilled. I didn't think anything was going on, so once i left Outpost Charlie. I received a warning for using a TP door during a Sweep, witch i was totally confused about since i was not notified of any sweep what so ever, i think while i was grabbing a ration the sweep happened. So i wait as the admin asks me to wait, witch i was fine with. I was very calm, now here's the rude part. I literally get tped, character banned. I didn't even die what so ever you can check the logs, and then just get one day banned. Keep in mind, i was extremely confused about this situation. I didn't know a sweep was happening, i mean the guy if met on the way to Outpost Charlie didn't even mention it. I didn't get a chance to explain myself witch is kinda sad, but fine i'd guess. I just hope i can get unbanned and play on my character again.
    Time of Occurrence: 16th of may, about 8 PM on my time..
    Evidence: Well i don't have any evidence, but Ra and Mei can confirm i went out to get radios ect. Plus you can check logs to see if i died or anything, and to be sure. I think the sweep was long over, unless they went into the outlands. But why would i go there, i don't even own a gasmask or anything. You can ask a lot of people to see what they think about me, i'm not someone who breaks rules i can assure you. I love RP but if this is it then idk, it sucks a lot then :/
    Any additional members involved: Ra and Mei kinda

#1 Apocalyptic_Warfare_, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. Apocalyptic_Warfare_

Nebulae:
  3. Nicrobe

Nicrobe Lord of Ineptitude
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator Media Developer

Nebulae:
  4. Flippy

Flippy Gamer Girl
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    Fix the colours, please.

5. GhostKripp

GhostKripp very shy
    HL2 RP Operator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I was told in /op to keep an eye on all TP doors as the sweep was happening, I just saw you go trough the door and enter charlie while I was in observer. Since I felt you had no idea I didn't want to ban you on the spot so I asked for advice in /op a few times untill @Flippy banned you.

Good luck in your appeal friend.

6. Apocalyptic_Warfare_

Nebulae:
    Aight, i mean. I'd guess it's fine, i can wait til i get appealed. I just don't like getting banned without knowing the situation, it's more or less frustrating. No worries then i'd guess.

7. Flippy

Flippy Gamer Girl

Nebulae:
    Hello!

The reason for both a PK and a ban, is I was told you used a TPing door while a sweep was currently underway in your area, which is listed in our rule set as disallowed.

You said yourself that you used the door during the sweep which means unless you have any more info on the situation, valid.

Unless there's something I'm not being told here.

8. Apocalyptic_Warfare_

Nebulae:
    I didn't know a sweep was happening since no one mentioned anything about it and i wasn't in the sewers when it started. So i don't understand how i get banned for using a TP door when i didn't know anything about the sweep. I'd be fine with a ban, but not a character ban
    Merged:
    I think i should get another chance but if that's something hard to get then rip.
    Merged:
    Besides i saw no combine at all, i didn't even have my weapons out witch proofs that i didn't know anything about it. They weren't in the cistern else i would of seen or heard em

9. GhostKripp

GhostKripp very shy

Nebulae:
    The reason you where character banned was because if you didn't use the teleport door you probably would've died in the sweep that your character caused. Therfor even if you're unbanned your character will most likely stay banned.

10. Apocalyptic_Warfare_

Nebulae:
    Dude what are you even talking about, how would i of died. The sweep was long in action when i entered the sewers. After i used the TP door i went back like 20 secs later. If seen players walking around in the sewers that were quiet chill about it. I'm not sure but perhaps you don't get this situation
    Merged:
    After i got the ration there weren't any CP's in the cistern. I went through the main entrance. Unless You're telling me that you used one combine for the entire Sweep i'm not going to believe that any combines were in the cistern.

11. Nicrobe

Nicrobe Lord of Ineptitude
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator Media Developer

Nebulae:
    I was told by @Pumpkin that you were caught by a scanner prior to running off into the outlands

12. GhostKripp

GhostKripp very shy

Nebulae:
    I beleive the online scanner/dispatch at the time was @Sectus , correct me if I'm wrong.

13. Apocalyptic_Warfare_

Nebulae:
    Okay, how was i running off into the outlands, i didn't even have equipment to go to the outlands.
    Merged:
    I think you are all confusing me with someone else

14. DoubleD

DoubleD `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    You still used a TP door during a sweep, which is against the rules. Though, it would have been a bit clearer for you if the admins explained why you were being charbanned

15. cloudperson

Nebulae:
    yeah hi
    the reason for the sweep was a suited rebel running into storm system and being caught by a scanner
    and then pumpkin authd the whole thing and we went in
    i believe the guy we were chasing after was @Retardedhorse22 aka ‘sawtooth’, who was also banned for the same reason if I remember correctly
    but yeah @Sectus was the scanner at the time

16. Apocalyptic_Warfare_

Nebulae:
    See, i was never chased or anything :/

17. Flippy

Flippy Gamer Girl

Nebulae:
    You still used a TPing door during a sweep.

18. Apocalyptic_Warfare_

Nebulae:
    The thing is i didn't know there was a sweep going on, because while they started sweeping i was getting a ration. And once i got back i didn't see any cp's. I didn't think anything was happening so i went to the Outpost for 20 secs and then i went back to the cistern. It's kinda fucked up since my char was like 2 weeks old and i die for going into an outpost for 20 secs

19. Flippy

Flippy Gamer Girl

Nebulae:
    Seems like the guy honestly didn't know, I'd be up for a unban and an unpk - but he loses his weapons, armour and ammo as a result.

20. GhostKripp

GhostKripp very shy

Nebulae:
    That was my initial reaction too. I'm also in favor of an unPK under the same conditions you listed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice