Issues Joining the HL2RP Server (Rengar)

Nebulae
So, I have been having issues joining the HL2RP server ever since I found it with the download taking a long time even though I subscribed to all the necessary addons on the workshop collection, (except for Elevator Tool, Smartsnap, Official precision tool, Episode 2 Vortigaunt, Advanced Duplicator, Improved stacker, Half Life 2 tools and Extended spawnmenu) and the download still takes a while(maybe 10-15 minutes). Even if it does load, by the time its done the loading screen either stays on the screen but the map/menu-music sounds are audible, and if I alt tab out and alt tab back in, the game screen goes black, requiring me to restart the game; I would have to restart the game either way If it went black or not. And the other thing is that by the time its done loading it says that I timed out. And when the server is loading the blood materials at blood_puddle_01.vtf.ztmp it sticks there for a long time, but that isn't much of a problem since on other servers there is atleast 1 addon that freezes the game for a while before it continues loading. I am sometimes able to get on though. My theory is that this server has too many addons, but that's my theory. Thanks to [OP] Rengar for telling me to make this thread. [EDIT: Also, sometimes I crash on this server for no reason.]

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Jamie0

Proton
Nebulae
So, I have been having issues joining the HL2RP server ever since I found it with the download taking a long time even though I subscribed to all the necessary addons on the workshop collection, (except for Elevator Tool, Smartsnap, Official precision tool, Episode 2 Vortigaunt, Advanced Duplicator, Improved stacker, Half Life 2 tools and Extended spawnmenu) and the download still takes a while(maybe 10-15 minutes). Even if it does load, by the time its done the loading screen either stays on the screen but the map/menu-music sounds are audible, and if I alt tab out and alt tab back in, the game screen goes black, requiring me to restart the game; I would have to restart the game either way If it went black or not. And the other thing is that by the time its done loading it says that I timed out. And when the server is loading the blood materials at blood_puddle_01.vtf.ztmp it sticks there for a long time, but that isn't much of a problem since on other servers there is atleast 1 addon that freezes the game for a while before it continues loading. I am sometimes able to get on though. My theory is that this server has too many addons, but that's my theory. Thanks to [OP] Rengar for telling me to make this thread. [EDIT: Also, sometimes I crash on this server for no reason.]
Try removing any other addons you have and try removing all background programs when on the server and your problem with it taking a while to join the server could be your own internet.

Reactions: List

Valtorix

Self-Identified S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Nebulae
Try removing any other addons you have and try removing all background programs when on the server and your problem with it taking a while to join the server could be your own internet.

Agreed, sounds like a client-side issue; I would suspect hardware or addons if you're crashing randomly.