Nebulae
0nmZ53.png

0nm4DP.png

‘If you would revenge yourself, dig two graves...’

4/1/2021
7:30 PM GMT
HOME
BRIEF OOC FAQ:
  • Permanent Map change, take what is essential to you. Map can be found by clicking on the 'Home' hyperlink
  • Premium containers will still be present
  • Content pack has been and will be again updated so make sure you get all of it
  • Dev changes are included. Expect more media to show off stuff soon!
  • I'll add some more here once the thread is up
CREDITS:
@Flanders for the two pieces of artwork. He got them together on such short notice so thank you so much. Flawless work as usual
@alex @Jaydawg @SleepyMode & @Gary for all of their constant dev work the past few weeks, as well as their ideas, contributions and teamwork. They have put so much of themselves into this upcoming update, be sure to give them your thanks!
@Dallas & @char for many things; inspiration, ideas, discussion and most importantly their previous work for the community and server, i value their creativity and assistance very highly.
@everyone else for sticking with nebulous through 2020, before and beyond. Here's to 2021!

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
epic troll moment, also, any news of any sort of map edit xx

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
This will include the changes listed in the Christmas update post and more:
bpuHsuG.png
Hello everyone and happy holidays!

With 2020 shortly coming to a close (thank fuck), we’ve been preparing a giant update to roll out for HL2RP. Since things have been quiet, we figured it’s better to make a big post.

city8.png

I’m sure some of you saw this one coming a mile away, so let’s get it out of the way first- The whole c24/district 0 idea was an experiment. We wanted to see if the change to c24 would shake things up and if the map was sustainable. If the changes made to v2 were enough to fix the issues we had with v1. They weren’t. The map has been a failed experiment in my eyes, but I’m glad we at least gave it a fair shake

Fact is, the main flaws of the map still hold strong as they did back then.

We'll be swapping to the one, the only - City 8. Content pack will be updated to reflect this when the time is right. We're examining the idea of getting some edits to it as well. There will be another separate announcement with the accompanying event.

Overall I think the c24 and our way of doing things are incompatible.

Now, that’s not to say the map is the only issue at the moment. Far from the case, it's just one of the more glaring issues.

arccw.png

For a good while, Jaydawg and Sleepymode have been working on converting all of our current weapons to a new, more up to date weapon base. That of course being ArcCW. All weapons have been updated and converted to the base and will be swapped over when everything is pushed

We will post on the content thread when the pack is updated with the necessary addons.

gunmodel1.png

gunmodel2.png

gunmodel3.png

loreteam.png

I recently overhauled the lore team and restarted the team with a fresh slate, it consists of mainly staff members at the moment since it’s still in the early stages, however there are plans to have non-staff able to join as members.

On top of that, we’re planning out systems that can allow us to incorporate more driven narratives into the server. Narratives that have arcs - beginning, middles and ends as well as ones that we can link into previous events. Maintaining a consistent and cohesive world and story.

Also, the timeline will be fully updated and the Race-X narrative is in full swing. I hope by reforming and effectively restarting the lore team, we can see narratives through completely and cycle from one to another.

rb6.png

Crafting and progression is one of the areas we’ve been focusing our attention on recently. We’ve come up with a new system that we’re going to be trialling and implementing. It’s essentially a ‘recycler’, a way to make actual use out of the basic materials like scrap metal. It’ll turn them into actual metals that will be used in new/overhauled crafting recipes.

Alex has been working on this with the other devs, expect it to be pushed with everything else.

We also haven’t forgotten about the RB6 idea! We still very much plan to implement the idea in some form when we’ve swapped maps, we might need to make adjustments and changes to it but we’re going to, once again, experiment with the idea and see what we can make work and what’s unfeasible.

I won’t bore you with the details, it’ll all be out in the open once it’s ready and live.

drugs.png

You’ve all been asking for it for a while, so we’re going to go forward with it. We’re looking into implementing changes to how drug scripts work, how to acquire them as well as some other stuff like visual effects, farming related things etc. On the way shortly, we'll have a small video of it soon.

cwu.png

Speaking of reforms, one of the factions I’m going to be looking into getting a reform going with, I know some people have some ideas on how to improve the faction and bring some fresh ideas. It’s still in early stages but it’ll get done. No details yet, drawing board stage​

injury.png

We're looking into adding a couple more roleplay-oriented features, this will be one of them - previous gamemodes have had injury systems before, I don't think we'll completely go down the same route but we do want to tinker with the idea and we'll have more information on it as it's made. Again, we'll have some footage of it very shortly.

misc.png

We’re gonna be updating the content pack once again soon, both with ArcCW stuff + The xenian models that were compiled together by @Deathwolf We’re also looking at some other smaller addons as well, will be testing them and adding them.

The first backpack that you equip will now actually appear on your character, it’s a small change but a nice detail. We’re looking to add more things like this as well.
pacbag1.png

pacbag2.png

pacbag3.png

I'd like to end by extending a thank you to everyone who's stuck with us up to this point as we continue to move forward and tinker with various ideas. What's listed on the thread is only what's confirmed to be coming shortly, we still have various other ideas that are still in a conceptual phase.

We've been closely monitoring feedback for several weeks now and we'll continue to do so moving forward. Special thanks to @Flanders for the banners and @Jaydawg for the developer pics. More to come, we're just getting started.

Have a wonderful winter and happy holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.