Accepted Jimmy Daniels' Pk Appeal

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by Daniels, Feb 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniels

Daniels Proton

Nebulae:
    Steam Name: Daniels
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:39991588

Character Name: Jimmy Daniels
    Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character: Daniel

What Led To Your Character's Death?:
    Leaving the sewers as a CP from the new hardpoint gunned him with s2k.

Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?: My main point would be that the hardpoint or checkpoint where the CPs are able to s2k any person who comes out of the sewers right away is just unfair.
    Yes the combine is all powerful, Yes the combine dominates the city, But it feels a bit cheap for the CPs to just be camping the hardpoint shooting anyone who comes out, Leading them to losing their character, Especially when the CP is using the an MP7 which takes just a few bullets to hit you and kill you.

I didn't even have any time to react to being shot the moment I stepped out my game froze for a second due to the low FPS the next moment I get to see myself on the character choosing screen.

I commend the CP that PK'd me Daniel he was very nice about it saying I should try appealing it.
    I don't really have much hope in this appeal unless the PK manager agrees with my point about the hardpoint.

Date Of Occurrence: 13/02/2020

Evidence:
    -----
    Other Players Involved: I am unsure which CP shot me but I was told by Daniel he is the admin which PK'd me.
    Any Other Details: My only point here that my character is pretty developed, He is starting rebel that is trying to find his place in the world, I don't think it's fitting for him to be killed like this but we can't choose our deaths.
    My main point and argument about why I should be unPK'd is that the hardpoint is unfair as it shows no chance to rebels coming out of the sewers to not be shot, I am sure someone can agree with this but I may just be trying to justify myself due to being killed there myself, Please let me know what you think.

#1 Daniels, Feb 12, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 3:32 PM
    • nebulous nebulous x 16
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Deathwolf

Deathwolf Molecule
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Didn't they say last time the hardpoint got set up that they wasn't going to immediately s2k people they saw?

It's pretty shitty, especially for new players joining if they just get immediately glatted

• nebulous nebulous x 8
  3. Simman102

Simman102 the bad apple
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    To be fair, the hardpoint has view on only one exit and that's the most obvious one

4. Daniels

Daniels Proton

Nebulae:
    I don't feel like it's very relevant whether the exit is the most obvious one or not.
    If balance is something we seek I feel like you shouldn't be able to be gunned down the moment you leave the sewers if there wasn't any kind of sweep going on.
    I would understand the wrong place at wrong time argument if someone actually shotcopped and caused a sweep or something of that sort.
    But just regular guard duty manning a checkpoint looking straight onto an exit feels a little cheap to me.

Again this might just be me hence the decision is ultimately to the PK manager.

• nebulous nebulous x 6
  5. Husky

Husky Wrote the official gay agenda for George Soros
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I was the cop that shot you. We manned a hard point. We saw people leaving the sewers which was 63; Criminal trespass. Dispatch told us to shoot. So we shot. That's pretty much it from our end. The hardpoint was set up in response to rebel activity and you don't have to use that specific exit, which is the most obvious exit to leave through.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  6. Kiko

Kiko Electron

Nebulae:
    I'm going to say this because I've also had one of my chars PK'ed this way - CP's that man the hardpoint just to gun down people who come out of the sewers - EVEN if it is the "most obvious" exit, I consider them to be just pk hungry.

It brings absolutely no benefit to anything, this is just another version of gunning down innocent refugees during sweeps. If it's not allowed during sweeps, then why would you camp the sewer exits and do it there? It's not much different, it's unfair and serves no purpose whatsoever.

If these people would have been sighted in a sweep, they'd have been left alone as we've been instructed to disregard unarmed refugees in sweeps. I don't see how camping one of the sewer exits and s2king them on sight is any different, and should not be allowed in my opinion.

Added -

https://nebulous.cloud/threads/cartier-johnson.43345/

this is the appeal I am talking about, at the end you can Blackquill's remark about communicating with head cops to avoid instances like this occurring again. I don't know why this is still happening.

• nebulous nebulous x 11
  7. Hiros

Hiros Who ?
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    That's me, hi. Basically we shot you after leaving 63 area a. k. a sewers. I think you ran in and out and that's when @Husky shot you.

Good luck with the appeal tho.

8. Dingtard

Dingtard Molecule

Nebulae:
    Seems to be a really shitty way to die but I guess its a learning curve. I always use the other way for reasons like this.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Daniels

Daniels Proton

Nebulae:
    Thanks for the replies.
    I wasn't sure which CP did the shooting, it's pretty irrelevant as well, in my opinion, ICly I agree the death is fair but OOCly it feels cheap as my charchater is just unarmed bluesuit and the CPs according to Daniel were just manning the hardpoint.
    Waiting to see what the hierarchy thinks.

#9 Daniels, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    • nebulous nebulous x 3
  10. 234857964238753

234857964238753 Nucleus

Nebulae:
    that's like the only exit

• Disagree Disagree x 8
  11. Husky

Premium Member

Nebulae:
    There's another exit literally right around the corner

12. Simman102

Simman102 the bad apple
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    What
    I don't even play a rebel and I know there's the basement and a vent

13. Jerry_Dasher

Jerry_Dasher Electron

Nebulae:
    Vent is blocked as far as I know, leaving the basement and hardpoint exit, also sorry for posting without being involved in the PK

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Leather Clad Lad

Leather Clad Lad `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    Hi I was there when it happened. You committed a 63: Criminal tresspass. I fail to see why you were shot though since you didn't pose an immediate threat towards us

Good luck on the appeal

15. Husky

Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Imo gonna say that, we don't shoot people in sweeps who are in the sewers and unarmed. I did ask about that in teamspeak to Numbers and Simman at the time and got the answer that we just shoot people for leaving there under normal circumstances. Personally I think it should be an NLR if you're shot from a hardpoint for being in the sewers and they catch you leaving. Makes a lot more sense all round and it's a lot fairer.

Or alternatively try to contain them and interrogate them by an RL, give acquittal and red tier and the "shoot them if they go to CZ-4 again" on their file. Personally I'd try to do this option first if we're given it but it's not always possible to contain people who run.

16. Dingtard

Dingtard Molecule

Nebulae:
    What's that?

17. ChronosPLAYA

ChronosPLAYA Professional retard

Nebulae:
    u had the time to write a response instead of hitting google up

• nebulous nebulous x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  18. Dingtard

Dingtard Molecule

Nebulae:
    Thought it was a ingame term or w/e

19. Hushhx

Hushhx Swallowed by a wave

Nebulae:
    I was the D*spatch online at the time, I have no idea why they were pk'd for something like this. In the eyes of dispatch, they were an anti-citizen, that could have been up to anything, a scanner saw them exit and then run away as fast as possible, which is why the civipros were ordered to execute them. Permanent Kills should always be the outcome of a correctly roleplayed death, or the result of something major like a shotcop or riot. Not a bluesuit, which was likely just exploring the map, getting shot down instantly. It was justified from an in-character perspective on our side, but there's no need to permanently kill them.

Just thought i'd say my peace.

• nebulous nebulous x 5
  20. Daniels

Daniels Proton

Nebulae:
    Hey I'd like to add that I didn't run in and out or something of that sort.

I spent sometime in the sewers exploring around 30 minutes plus and when I ran out my PC froze for a second, I stood in place and got s2k'd.
    I didn't run out and then ran in and out or something of that sort, I was spotted running out unarmed in a bluesuit was s2ked and swiftly Pk'd.

-------------------------------------
    Also please don't turn this thread into a cop hating thread or something, While I agree with most arguments about CPs being terrible I don't want my PK appeal to be tainted by this subject any further.
    There's CPs that I like and CPs I don't this isn't the place.

#20 Daniels, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    • nebulous nebulous x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice