job confessions

JaySav98

Neutrino
Nebulae
I work corrections, not going to state what state or county. But I work in the inmate control/pod control. So I control who goes to rec,what cell,etc etc. Well I have a confession..I purpously don't let inmates get rec time if they decide to talk shit. And when I do(cause we do have to let them have rec at some point during the week) I wait til they get on the phone and I have the ability to turn the phones off from control tower. And I'll do that sometimes. I'm a horrible person, but so is everyone else! Put your worse job confessions in this thread

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
I work corrections, not going to state what state or county. But I work in the inmate control/pod control. So I control who goes to rec,what cell,etc etc. Well I have a confession..I purpously don't let inmates get rec time if they decide to talk shit. And when I do(cause we do have to let them have rec at some point during the week) I wait til they get on the phone and I have the ability to turn the phones off from control tower. And I'll do that sometimes. I'm a horrible person, but so is everyone else! Put your worse job confessions in this thread

oh no, someone said something mean to me, better act like a total assholery teenager because of some words

Spine

All toasters toast toast.
Nebulae
"Time to talk to my wife who's probably cheating on me and I cannot sleep at night because of it"
*gets that one phone a week turned off by an asshole I told to watch his step 3 days ago*

Nicrobe

Lord of Ineptitude
Nebulae
I have comandeered a bunch of laboratory equipment (From the one I am completely responsible of) in order to help with my homebrewed "Distilled beverages" quite some time ago.

Instead of straight up giving bad grades to generally attitude-heavy or incompetent students on a single test, I slyly decreased a small bit from all of their grades.(Since they are first year students, they only have two seperate lecturers for 5 classes total, pretty basic stuff. 3 of which are under my professor.) They didn't notice the immediate decrease in every individual test or quiz since it wasn't a significant change, but their GPA went down considerably because of it.
^Somebody who was actually competent had pissed off my professor in one heated argument, which just straight up landed him an FF on his final. Instead of adjusting that, I slightly increased all his other grades so he ended up passing. My professor did not notice this.

Through one fateful month, I had brought a flask full of brandy to school and simply got drunk while looking like I was busy at the library. I'm surprised nobody found out.

I accidentally dropped and smashed a flask of beta mercaptoethanol just to watch people's reaction to the smell. Was extremely fun watching an entire FLOOR simply evacuate. The smell wasn't.

I could go on..

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I used to sell pallets of grass and firewood and I’d just hang up on people who were genuinely fucking stupid when making orders which resulted in us getting yelp reviews

This summer I got an office job at six flags and I manage to hide out for hours at a time with my friends pretending I’m in cleaning and just walking around with a broom

Reactions: List

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
back when i was in school, we had school internship and during my time working in a store that usually sells work materials, tools, doors, blah blah I managed to hide for atleast 30 minutes as mostly I was walking for several hours straight without sitting down or resting for a bit

didnt get kicked out

tera

Atom
Nebulae
During my work as an intern at my university where I'm suppose to help the neuropharmacology department with writing of an article and facilitate my seniors in working on an experiment, I sometimes ended up browsing memes, youtube and stupid shit on the lab PC half my working hours.

I also purposely did some mistakes to ease my work during experiments when my senior left me in charge of them. For one, my senior told to record the movement of 12 zebra fishes while under the effects of seizure drugs and I purposely euthanized one or two of them because only nine is needed for evaluation, the other three are just extras. I would then tell them that the zebra fishes died during the process due to the injuries caused by earlier injections.

I purposely left work earlier at times, usually 2-3 hours before 5:00 PM on certain days (particularly Friday) when I know my doctor and seniors were busy with something else in a different location. I would then WhatsApp them, I had just left when I was already chilling at home at 5.

I got away with all in those three months of work.

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Being a Barista at Starbucks doesn’t sound like it’s gonna be a job full of drama, but boy was I wrong.

New trainee arrives, told to shadow me as I teach them the basics of how to make drinks, how to clean the store etc, they’ve definitely got an attitude and aren’t at all paying attention, they’re very loud mouthed and openly complained whilst working on till that the food and drink was overpriced, not the greatest thing to say when you’re representing the store.

Eventually, they get into an argument with another new barista at the till, yelling about their boyfriends or whatever and how ‘if he loves you so much how come he shows me his dick on FaceTime!’, real mature stuff that you really want being yelled in front of customers.

Considering I’m essentially assigned to oversee her, it looks bad on me, and so I at once instruct her into the back room, telling her to take it away from the front if she wanted to keep her job in the absence of the store manager, taking over her position on till.

I go home that day and check my phone when I connect to WiFi to see a fuck tonne of texts from my shift supervisor, saying the store has received multiple, /anonymous/ complaints about me from the same sounding person talking about how I’ve done stuff like written my phone number on cups, harassed customers and was just generally ‘creepy’ I think was the word they used. The trainee had also said I ‘sexually harassed’ her but of course didn’t at all state what I did, just that it happened.

I go to my boss about this as well as the District Manager, and they both instantly pipe up ‘No, Tommy you’re our most valuable employee and I’m not having this immaturity in the workplace, I know you’ve done nothing like that and she wants you fired, getting her friends to call in. I will see that she is the one removed.’ And boom, I ended up finding out I was the DM’s favourite and the trainee got fired.

Happy ending I guess?

Nicrobe

Lord of Ineptitude
Nebulae
Being a Barista at Starbucks doesn’t sound like it’s gonna be a job full of drama, but boy was I wrong.

New trainee arrives, told to shadow me as I teach them the basics of how to make drinks, how to clean the store etc, they’ve definitely got an attitude and aren’t at all paying attention, they’re very loud mouthed and openly complained whilst working on till that the food and drink was overpriced, not the greatest thing to say when you’re representing the store.

Eventually, they get into an argument with another new barista at the till, yelling about their boyfriends or whatever and how ‘if he loves you so much how come he shows me his dick on FaceTime!’, real mature stuff that you really want being yelled in front of customers.

Considering I’m essentially assigned to oversee her, it looks bad on me, and so I at once instruct her into the back room, telling her to take it away from the front if she wanted to keep her job in the absence of the store manager, taking over her position on till.

I go home that day and check my phone when I connect to WiFi to see a fuck tonne of texts from my shift supervisor, saying the store has received multiple, /anonymous/ complaints about me from the same sounding person talking about how I’ve done stuff like written my phone number on cups, harassed customers and was just generally ‘creepy’ I think was the word they used. The trainee had also said I ‘sexually harassed’ her but of course didn’t at all state what I did, just that it happened.

I go to my boss about this as well as the District Manager, and they both instantly pipe up ‘No, Tommy you’re our most valuable employee and I’m not having this immaturity in the workplace, I know you’ve done nothing like that and she wants you fired, getting her friends to call in. I will see that she is the one removed.’ And boom, I ended up finding out I was the DM’s favourite and the trainee got fired.

Happy ending I guess?

Not exactly a confession, but more of a "HAH GOTEEM" x3

CookieDealer

Detailed descriptions? Fuck off.
Nebulae
I was working overtime due to a big delivery. I was in charge of making sure we got the correct amount, but due to me being tired; I rushed the inventory and didn't realize a tons of a product we ordered was missing.
The next day the company launched a big campaign with said product they sold out really quickly and ended up losing thousands of dollars on that shitfest.

Company was so furious they wanted to ban me from deliveries but my boss defended me so all I got was a warning.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
I used to work at a local bakery (just cleaning and shit mostly). At the end of my shift I almost always managed to snatch some buns and cookies with me, even though I had been instructed I as an employee needed to pay for anything I eat from there.

Eventually I quit for another job, and just a few weeks later the bakery went out of business. :^)

I now work at McDs and I wash my hands every like 15 min and take a long ass time doing it because work is too fuckin stressful so I try to skip as much as possible.

D

Deleted member 2994

i sleep on company hours when i can afford to
the majority of the time it doesnt matter whether or not im awake, since most of my job at this point involves solving issues as they come up. it's infrequent enough to allow me the chance to sleep mostly risk free.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaySav98

Neutrino
Nebulae
oh no, someone said something mean to me, better act like a total assholery teenager because of some words
Well if your in a prison or jail, you wouldn't really wanna talk shit to the man who's taking care of ya. It's prison, not school. It's my job to show authority and do some unmoral things. We're not serving the inmates for them to have a good time. You're probably someone who has empathy for inmates lmao.
"Time to talk to my wife who's probably cheating on me and I cannot sleep at night because of it"
*gets that one phone a week turned off by an asshole I told to watch his step 3 days ago*
You can get as many calls as you want on rec. You really don't understand the job of a corrections officer do you? If you take shit from inmates than you're weak. You have to show your dominance. The inmates in my pod love me though, they know I won't take shit, and if they're cool with me. I'm cool with them and 'forget about the time' during rec. Don't judge a book by it's cover mate.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
If kids came into the store who had just below the amount required to buy stuff they wanted I'd "forget" to add that item and let them buy it

otherwise I'd insert my own card and pay for the last item despite it being very much against company policy (which i can't understand as it looks really good for them)

if customers were idiots while requesting if we had something in stock i'd walk into the backroom, wait for about 20 seconds and walk back out without checking, telling them its not in stock

oh yeah we also used to eat all the stuff from the bakery at the end of the night shifts since there were no cameras in the backrooms outside of the actual break room and vault room and the stuff was going to get thrown out regardless

would also talk for like 10-15 minutes with all the old people who came into the store early in the morning to buy the paper or shop small stuff and they are the most pure people you could ever talk to. I still to this day do not know why people are such drones when they work in stores.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
if customers were idiots while requesting if we had something in stock i'd walk into the backroom, wait for about 20 seconds and walk back out without checking, telling them its not in stock
I see answering help requests trained you for the work place quite well my friend. :^)

Twar

The truth is out there
Nebulae
I've walked into the toilets before to see them blocked and just fucked off, we have one of those you see it you unblock it type of things and fuck off do I wanna clean that

I've poured peoples Guiness really shit if they are cunts or too drunk to tell, and I've only been caught once.

One time a guy that tipped me pretty much all the time ordered 2 disarrono's, I said is he sure he meant that and he said yeah. So I poured him two shots, turned out he meant desperado's and was just too drunk. I let him have the shots for free

I'll let customers that tip get served immediately even if other customers have been waiting for 10 minutes

The amount of drugs I find in the toilets is absurd, I've probably flushed a good 20 grams of coke and a good 20 grams of MDMA. Everytime I flush it I contemplate keeping it cause fuck would it be easy