Accepted joey kruschner / others

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by ruble, Nov 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruble

ruble Atom

Nebulae:
    Steam Name: baldain
    Steam ID: yes

Character Name:
    Joey Kruschner
    Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character: @TinPan

What Led To Your Character's Death?:
    I planted a sizeable C4 charge beside the elevator of the metropol and triggered it when a team of cps went up - they were slain by explosion script and a cop with no regard for structural damage / intricacies of timescale hikes up the stairs in mach 2 speed spamming s2k /mel and killing a typing me about to make a followup to the explosion by gunshot to the skull in the fraction of a second

Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?: because the very instance of the bomb going off and blasting a rusty old ladder he rushed up, the effects of the explosion on the decrepit ass soviet architecture was thrown out the window for BSL notifications. there should have been a consideration of the effects of the blast before the response of rushing up and shooting everyone was pulled

the topic of architecture especially comes to mind considering he would not have anywhere to stand coming up unless he could do some crazy parkour shit, the shaft is made out of plywood at most he'd get hit square in the face from the structure collapsing onto him

the initial team of cps who got blown up showed up way too fast than expected and not wanting a mingerun scenario i pulled the plug on a detonator prematurely - also because i didnt have crouch toggled and was fully visible

Date Of Occurrence: couple minutes from posting
    Evidence:
    Other Players Involved:
    @Comrade Revan @comradic @Lewis!
    Any Other Details: this appeal can serve for the other players involved to discuss in too

• nebulous nebulous x 20
  2. Simman102

Simman102 the bad apple
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I hear 2 BSLs
    I climb ladder
    I see rebels with guns
    I kill

• Funny x 8
    • nebulous x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Zing x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  3. ruble

ruble Atom

Nebulae:
    i dont blame you if you didn't know but the entire rudimentary construction wouldve probably smacked you in the head seeing as the weight of two guys + a bomb went off on it

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  4. TinPan

TinPan Needs to blow his nose
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    My only main gripe with the death of Kruschner after watching it unfold was primarily relating to @Simman102 (DEFENDER-3) breaking timescale since only 2 cops were present within Metropol and the others were standing outside of Metropol at the front door at the time of detonation.

Be aware that @Comrade Revan had to reconnect due to gmod issues so we did have to pause the situation. I specified this to the Dispatchers online at the time which is evident within logs, but whether or not they told the other CP's that were down in the street in front of Metropol is something that I'm not sure happened or not.

As for the death of the others, apparently that door is capable of being breached utilizing breaching charges but the breaching charge script doesn't work for certain in-map doors; otherwise they would've breached it quicker. This will probably need some more clarification though since some are saying that door in question is impenetrable whereas others state it is breachable.

#4 TinPan, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    • nebulous nebulous x 2
  5. Comrade Revan

Comrade Revan p is for penguin
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I'm gonna drop in my side here too.

Right so, for background information: we stuffed a low-level explosive in the rib area of a corpse, and then packed a box of scrap metal's worth of shrapnel inside. Our goal was to kill or seriously injure a PT, who was going to respond.

When we entered the room, we proceeded to flip the table and put the corpse down, with a machete resting beside it in order to provoke interest from the officers. However, the officers in question weren't abiding by timescale. This is the first issue in this appeal, and one that should've probably been handled ingame. The two officers who went up too quickly RP'd being obliterated and falling down the shaft.

Another officer proceeded up the ladder and killed @ruble with an s2k. This is the second issue, he shouldn't of went up a ladder that probably should've been too damaged to utilize.

Me and Comradic ran down to Alpha, where our next squadmate was waiting for us and closed the door.

The responding PT, with zero knowledge of where we went, proceeded to the door, planted breaching charges, and then went inside and killed us. This is metagame, in it's finest.

We'd like a redo from the beginning, before the bomb went off.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  6. Jaydawg

Jaydawg Blackwheeeel
    Moderator Developer Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Its not a hidden base; Cops can sweep it.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  7. Numbers

Numbers ok

Nebulae:
    highly impractical. we already did the retaliatory sweep, which would be voided if we redid the situation

• nebulous nebulous x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. dallahan

dallahan a bad memer
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    im castrating myself if we do any more voids of sweeps and bombings

• nebulous nebulous x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Sir Frost

Sir Frost Electron
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Myself (KING-2) and @Mike3660 (QUICK-5) were the two cops blown up by the C4 in RB4's elevator shaft. Had no other involvement beyond that. Good luck with the appeal.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  10. Comrade Revan

Premium Member

Nebulae:
    i don't care?

cps need to learn to timescale properly, why would they get a pass?

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  11. Simman102

Simman102 the bad apple
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Nah we weren't standing in front, I asked KING-2 to report status and he didn't:
    Code:
    C17:RL.DEFENDER-3 whispers on tac: "<:: King 2 report status. ::>"
    C17:90.KING-2 whispers on tac: "<:: // timescale. ::>"

I knew timescale was in effect so I didn't go to the block, went back to patrol
    After some time I tried again:
    Code:
    C17:RL.DEFENDER-3 whispers on tac: "<:: 10-5, KING-2 report status. ::>"
    C17:90.KING-2 whispers on tac: "<:: // still waiting. ::>"
    C17:RL.DEFENDER-3 whispers on tac: "<:: // ik it's fine. ::>"

We're not waiting under the block, we were up to something else:
    Code:
    C17:RL.DEFENDER-3 whispers on tac: "<:: PT-2 reindexing as PT-20, proceeding with removal of obstruction within RB7. ::>"

And then the BSLs hit us:
    Code:
    C17:RL.DEFENDER-3 whispers on tac: "<:: // nvm. ::>"
    Dispatch radios on command: "<:: Social fracture in-progress; respond. ::>"
    C17:RL.DEFENDER-3 whispers on tac: "<:: Go active, intercept! ::>"
    Dispatch radios on command: "<:: All teams, respond; code three. ::>"

So I go in and both sides start s2k:
    Code:
    ***** C17:RL.DEFENDER-3 pulls the trigger of their firearm repeatedly, sending bullets towards the hostile.
    *** [An Asiatic man with a bushy beard.] rips back on the trigger of their respective firearm - delivering a hailstorm of bullets at his target.

12. dallahan

dallahan a bad memer
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    and you need to learn to plan your things properly

just because you fuck up doesnt mean we have to void every single thing that you do

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Zing Zing x 1
  13. Havok

Havok Aesthetics incarnate.
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    IC bombs guud

• nebulous nebulous x 3
    • Zing Zing x 1
  14. ruble

ruble Atom

Nebulae:
    so sorry for not planning a cop who wasnt even present at the blast istelf to run in doing john wick pencil assassination cosplay in the fraction of a second

• nebulous nebulous x 4
  15. dallahan

dallahan a bad memer
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    then call an admin to watch the situation and handle things properly

everyone is to blame

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Comrade Revan

Premium Member

Nebulae:
    we did.

we've done that multiple times before.

and it still happens.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  17. ruble

ruble Atom

Nebulae:
    i suggest u read the contents of the thread before u say whos in the wrong or not - it was overseen, just that he literally came out of nowhere not being present at the explosion at all coming in blasting everyone

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  18. TinPan

TinPan Needs to blow his nose

Nebulae:
    A question to @Comrade Revan , @ruble and the others here who have been PK'd; were you told that the sewer gate couldn't be breached and if so, could you tell me who it was that told you it cannot be breached?

I'll be searching through the logs of the timestamps between the 2 CP's dying and you performing the S2K /me to confirm this is the case, as if it's under something ridiculous like 10 seconds then as far as I'm concerned that's very suspect.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  19. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    I'm just going to chime in with one post to say the door was previously unbreachable/generally left alone via HC decision/general acceptence for the sake of providing people a safe space to avoid sweeps if they weren't involved (obviously with the caveat that people opening it and whatever). Its generally never been breached before externally because there was never any need; people who did stuff like shotcop or whatever ended up being locked out.

But there's a certain difficulty in effectively treating it as a 100% safe zone even after you do something like a bombing.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  20. Comrade Revan

Premium Member

Nebulae:
    i don't remember who said it can't be breached.

it's a wall of solid steel, gamer. if you're gonna boom the shit out if the tunnel's probably gonna cave you in before you can cut a hole through it.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice