Serious Joining Nebulous Hl2 RP results in 100% Time out

Joesh

Neutrino
Nebulae
Hello, for the few recent days I have tried to join back to the Half-Life 2 RP community on Nebulous.cloud. I have played there long ago, perhaps the last time was few months or even one year ago? Let me describe the problem - whenever I am trying to connect with the server it takes incredible amount of time and always results in: "Nex can't play timed out" / "WARNING: CONNECTION PROBLEMS AUTO-DISCONNECT IN 70.00 S"

I have tried various ways to resolve the problem but only one "compromise way" has worked for me.
I have played the HL2 RP on the same computer in the past - processor: Intel core i3 | graphic card: Intel graphics. My connection is mostly stable at 1.3 mB/s yet it may rise up or fall between 2 mB /s to 144 kB/s. I have CS:GO, Hl2, Hl2 Ep1/Ep2 installed.
The things I have done to try to resolve the problem:
  • - Uninstalling all addons and leaving only the Nebulous Hl2 rp collection - Time out
  • - Uninstalling all addons except of Nebulous Hl2 rp collection and deleting all cache, downloads, downloadlist, downloads/server items - Time out
  • - Disabling every addon including Nebulous Hl2 rp collection - Succesful connection with massive amounts of errors and lag
  • - Restarting the game several times/starting the client just to connect with only Nebulous Hl2 rp collection - Time out
Help will be greatly appreciated and please don't flood this topic with "Oh?? Buy new internet mah dude" or "BUT HAVE YOU GOT CS:GO???" as I have already mentioned the technical details.
PS: I am not using any experimental nor any FPS boosting commands.
Thanks for reading x) Nex

Last edited:

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
can you do
mat_dxlevel in console and tell me what number pops up?
if less than 90, I suggest making it 90, I had the same bug too but your case may differ.

Joesh

Neutrino
Nebulae
can you do
mat_dxlevel in console and tell me what number pops up?
if less than 90, I suggest making it 90, I had the same bug too but your case may differ.
My mat_dxlevel is equal to 95. The problem seems to be temporarly solved by disabling all serverpack maps which at the same time brings in the errors. But at least I can connect. Is it possible to somehow solve the map problem?

Hamilton

Proton
Nebulae
@Joesh Have you downloaded the CS Source content from http://kajar9.wixsite.com/cscheater2/downloads ? If yes then just remove it, the newest versions of CS Source content packs of this website comes together with animations which can mess up clockwork. You should download older versions of CS Source contents, which don't come with animations, but just materials.

2nd point is disable all your addons (This include manually installed ones), unsubscribe and subscribe to Nebulous content (Do this while on main menu) and let just the content addons activated.

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
Starting a singleplayer game before joining used to fix this error. Going to options, multiplayer, and changing what you are downloading to nothing (or whatever the option is called...) may also fix this error.

Attempt to join another server and see if there is any issue.