Denied Just add PAC already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
PAC3 is on the server but inaccessible to most players; making it available to a majority of players would seriously impact the server's general nature, as it isn't just a spot for people to try and be completely unique individuals. Individuality is good, but that individuality is born from the text those people write through speech, actions, and descriptions.

Giving everyone access to PAC3 so that they can create unique appearances, even if guidelines and rules are written for it, is one that will inevitably be abused, exploited, or mistreated in such a way that takes away from the roleplay experience and instead poorly replicates what one may be able to find on Moviestar Planet in a Half Life 2 setting. It also destroys a large portion of the progression that one can achieve on the server.

People like to show their progression through their appearance, because you actually have to work for it. There's a reason why even now there is a clear distinction between a Bluesuit and a Blacksuit, and how much progression it represents even now when there are better suits. With PAC3, you sidestep that important progression for the sake of individuality, which may work fine on a much smaller scale a la D&D-Inspired Gmod Events, but end up crippling the server as wearing a blacksuit is as simple as switching your model in PAC3.

When everyone's super, no one is.

It crashed the server again the other day it ain't happening

Reactions: List

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Isn't PAC3 used for certain script-related things like where guns and hats/glasses go when equipped?

Yeah but something fucked up and crashed the server at some point so yeah I don't think anyone will get PAC

Can't confirm 100% but the errors from PAC3 happened and it froze instantly so

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Yeah but something fucked up and crashed the server at some point so yeah I don't think anyone will get PAC

Can't confirm 100% but the errors from PAC3 happened and it froze instantly so

Fuck you jaggles, I have my PAC3 Riot Helmet, nothing u can do about it either, ha!

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
putting on my world of warcraft: mists of pandaria blood golem pac 3 that i actually, unironically made out of hundreds of separate .obj files in 2015

i wish i still had it kind of

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
i remember when ww3rp had PAC as a donor item

mfers were walking around with plushies on their uniforms, dressed as tachanka, whilst dabbing

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
i remember when ww3rp had PAC as a donor item

mfers were walking around with plushies on their uniforms, dressed as tachanka, whilst dabbing
362025F152EC9476214D1EBB8D01A487F47D0E0A

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Is that a Russian woman with an Irish accent? What?
What year was this

weirdly enough when i played WW3RP (very briefly) i didn't know any of the lore

i made an Irish woman for the coalition (not realizing the coalition was exclusively russian) and was executed upon spawn

i stopped playing pretty quickly

this isn't my char btw

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Even the PAC3 doesn't know why the admin team won't let us use PAC3

[PAC3] Wearing autoload...
[PAC3] the server doesn't want you to wear parts for some reason
[PAC3] Requesting outfits in 8 seconds...
[PAC3] Requesting outfits...

Status
Not open for further replies.