Denied Karl Muller

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by Clokr, May 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clokr

Clokr Nucleus

Nebulae:
    Steam Name: Clokr
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:66579800
    Server: WW3RP Stasiland
    Character Name: Karl Muller
    Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character: @'77 East

What Led To Your Character's Death?:
    Breach of FearRP as explained. But basically I come into the clinic. Three NVA dudes are already absolutely fucking toasted. Bullying a innocent woman, which would be Amelie (@Laura). I step in, tell them to knock it off. Get sprayed with mace. Then they lead us downstairs in the basement of the clinic, order us up against the wall. And pretty obviously my char is pissed. One of the NVA guys says something like "Do you know who I am?" and I respond
    Karl Muller says in German "You're clearly drunk... Which makes it easier to rip the rifle from your hands and turn your skull into a fruit salaf."
    [LOOC] Karl Muller: salad*
    I'm then met with someone unloading a magazine into my chest with a /me. No-one even really giving much a chance for me to dispute or say that I'd just prefer not to get shot as it'd ruin the RP. But then I'm S2Kd, and a few minutes later I am PKd by East.

Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?: If you ask me it sorta just seems like there could have been some RP just ruined and taken a bit too far with a PK, yes I can understand the argument of the breach of FearRP. And the reason why that wasn't exactly followed to the cross of the T and the dot of the I has to do with my character himself. His history, which was auth'd by @Roosebud back before the start of the server, was a returning char from the 1990 lore. A ex-NATO soldier with extensive history in Special Forces, (including leading a Task Force which was my char when I lead NJSOC for a little while before the server shutdown). And the whole thing with SOF is they're supposed to be fucking fearless. Trained endlessly on not giving up any info or just not even speaking. And due to the fact he's seen so fucking much in his career he can understandingly not be afraid of a drunken NVA soldier whose whole reputation is not being a very good soldier screaming shit drunkenly. And even @Poopship McGee who was with the NVA team said that a PK was just a bit too much, but please correct me if I'm wrong poopship.
    Date Of Occurrence: About thirty minutes ago? Maybe? I can't remember all to well but it was not long ago at all.
    Evidence: Simply logs
    Other Players Involved: Martyr was also involved but I can't really seem to find his forum tag.
    Any Other Details:

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 7
  2. Poopship McGee

Poopship McGee Old Stock Canadian
    Premium Member WW3 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    @mert @Snowl

I'm going to stay out of this one. I'm not going to say it shouldn't have happened because every character is at liberty to roleplay as they please. If you say;
    I believe it is within the right of the drunken NVA soldier to take it as a threat and decide to shoot you. Personally, I'm not for or against the PK. This was a blatant breach of FearRP and when three drunk soldiers are pointing their weapons at somebody, you would expect that they at least shut their mouths, rather than say something as counter-productive as what was said in-character.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Clokr

Clokr Nucleus

Nebulae:
    You do bring up some very fair and good points in this. Of course, normally if I was playing literally any other type of character I would’ve just stayed quiet and let the dudes do their thing. But once again this has to go back to the history of my character. Who has been shot dozens on dozens of times previously, and has been injured in literally every way possible at this point. He has had many people point their guns at him and he just wouldn’t even flinch. Because he isn’t afraid of being shot, he isn’t afraid of some backtalk he’s going to get. Because he’s already been through it so many times that he just doesn’t give a shit. For example like I said in LOOC. I would’ve been absolutely fine RPing being shot. But just being gunned down completely? A bit ruining of the possible RP.

4. mert

mert Molecule

Nebulae:
    Me and the boys headed into town to get some cheap beer and have some fun. We met Amelie @Laura I think and we decided to harass her, and she promptly insulted us back. Of course being a gang of drunk soldiers we got aggresive and started to throw stuff at her, and basically making her life hell.

Karl Muller comes in and try to calm things down, but of course we weren't having it. You then shoved @Snowl who peppersprayed you in return. I then decided to bring you all into the basement to give you two a proper bollocking before leaving the town.

Things take a turn for the worse as you escalate the situation by making a threat on our lives

[[E] A seemingly almost out of place m...] says in German "You're clearly drunk... Which makes it easier to rip the rifle from your hands and turn your skull into a fruit salad.

Now I don't know about Snowl, but my character was a veteran from Frankfurt so he of course doesn't trust the civilian population that much. Being threatened with being killed wasn't gonna fly of course. Having consumed alcoholic breverages didn't help my characters judgement either so it resulted in your character being a part of the war crime statistic of 1992.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. '77 East

'77 East Rictal-Approved
    WW3 RP Operator

Nebulae:
    Just going to be a slight bit blunt here:

Being "badass weekly" doesn't mean you should just disregard everyone who points a gun at you like they're some moth hanging around a lightbulb. I'm not saying piss your pants if they go for their holster, but acknowledge them beyond a shitty insult.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Poopship McGee

Nebulae:
    You are more than welcome to roleplay as your character, but FearRP rules are applied equally to all. We're not saying you can't be a hard dude, but being a hard dude doesn't exempt you from the standard PK rules.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Clokr

Clokr Nucleus

Nebulae:
    Well I mean of course I never really meant to completely disregard the fact I had three men with raised weapons. And yes I will agree it was a dumb thing to do to try and escalate the situation like I did, but it was IC. I never did anything willingly OOCly, I know the rules. This was sorta just a really good set of roleplay ruined by some decisions on both my part and others.
    Merged:
    Of course, I never was expecting to be the “haha I insult and get away without anything happening to me!” Type of dude. I knew what could happen. And I tried to stay within the lines, but I guess in the heat of the moment I likely just got carried away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Clokr

Clokr Nucleus

Nebulae:
    I do agree with you here too. As I never expected for this to fly, at all. I know I was likely gonna be shot or beaten down. But a PK honestly just seems like too big of a step. NLR would’ve been understandable too. But not a PK.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Poopship McGee

Nebulae:
    This was in reference to pepper-spray FYI.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. swexs

swexs
    WW3 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    removed the unneeded shit, just add your input if you were involved, just that. simple and clean so I can understand what the fuck happened without getting a headache

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Clokr

Clokr Nucleus

Nebulae:
    So pretty much this is what happened. Myself walked into the inn, I witnessed a group of NVA harassing one of my IC friends, I wasn’t having that. Tried to defuse the situation. I was dragged into it, shoved one of the NVA trying to grab onto @Laura. We had a bit of a verbal argument. Which mainly consisted of the NVA suggesting some things to do to Amelie. I get OC sprayed. They drag us down to the basement, I say the thing, and then I’m just PKd. While it could be interpreted I just think a PK is just too severe of a step from that small event. And from my understanding it could’ve been an accident actually since they were absolutely toasted on beer. And they just decided to PK me based on the fact I threatened them.

12. swexs

swexs

Nebulae:
    I'll let the involved parties add their input, I trust you guys to not make me lock this thread when I get back on it

13. Laura

Laura Nucleus

Nebulae:
    Yea, I helped Clokr's character downstairs and were told to line up.
    After the remark that Karl made about it being easy to take a gun from a drunk soldier.
    They just simple mowed him down.
    Of course with RP and all that.
    I said on LOOC can't it just be one bullet from each?
    And Clokr' suggested the same, in a way to not ruin the RP.
    There wasn't really any response on LOOC on like.. 'Oh yeah sure, let's do it that way' Or.. anything really.
    I think one of them commented, 'You can argue about it on appeal'. I can't quite remember the exact quote.
    And we were both quite confused
    Then-.. i didn't really see any- RP after that? Other then
    ''Lets get out of here''
    And two of them rushing off, And i think Poopship stayed for like 20 seconds.. was typing on LOOC until he ran off aswell.

14. mert

mert Molecule

Nebulae:
    The story

Local war criminals move in to the pub
    good times are had
    Amelie walks in
    We start harassing her
    It escalates into a back and forth where bottles are thrown and insults are exchanged
    Introducing: Karl Muller
    Karl Muller attempts at defusing the conflict gets ignored
    He shoves a NVA soldier after we tried to push Amelie down for continuing to chat shit to us
    NVA Soldier gives him the pepperspray
    Karl, barkeep and Amelie are taken to the basement
    Karl threatens the NVA soldiers
    Shots fired
    LOOC arguing begins
    Karl gets put on the war crime statistic of 1 9 9 2
    We run off

@Poopship McGee and @Snowl may correct me if i left something out or misinterpetred something

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Poopship McGee

Nebulae:
    I don't want people to believe that by having a backstory of being a hardass that they will continue to be able to be a hardass without facing any of the consequences of their actions. Personally, I was a bit surprised that they were gunned down, but that being said, I don't believe it takes away from the reasons for the PK. It's tough to lose the character to this, but its also important to uphold fearRP. Talking back in one thing, but what Karl said took it to another level. I personally wouldn't have opened fire on him because of it, I don't believe that necessarily means that the character ban was invalid. I was on Gef. Wagner at the time and I was only trying to get drunk. Didn't see things getting to this point.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  16. Clokr

Clokr Nucleus

Nebulae:
    I've realized that now that I've had karma come and bite me in the ass. Like I said before normally I wouldnt've done it. And it's likely due to my OOC state which frankly I don't even know why I'm still playing while I'm like this, but I still think this is a good learning opportunity. I have made a mistake yes, was it stupid for me to do, yes. Was it grounds for a PK? Yes, do I think a PK was possibly a bit too much and the situation could've turned out better then it did? Yes. If this appeal is accepted by the good graces of swexs and those involved say they're fine with a unPK. I intend to watch myself carefully in order to avoid this again. As this really sucked.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Clokr

Clokr Nucleus

Nebulae:
    I’m gonna go ahead and tag @Snowl again to see if we can get his side of the story

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Snowl

Snowl `impulse-approved
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    What do you mean my side of the story you implied you were about to white knight for the femchar and "turn our brains into fruit salad" and take our guns after you shoved me and I had to pepper spray you, I dont fuck around I mag dumped you but you voided me doing it which I'm not going to argue about and accept a void on but the other dude decided to shoot you and from my understanding was the guy who shot you icly with you voiding my magdump

Being an ex nato char who was hard headed is in my humble opinion as someone who also has a ex nato char posing as a citizen, a really stupid idea when you have armed thugs fucking with you and it was a choice you made and faced consequences for. Your characters backstory isnt a shield to your actions. Nuff said.

#18 Snowl, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. char

char The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust

Nebulae:
    After talking to some people and reviewing this thread I think I am coming down on it being a valid PK.

Given yout backstory alone, you should be aware of how ruthless the Soviet regime is, especially their MfS counterparts. White Knighting, which is a cringe thing to call it anyway, is fine. You just went about it in the wrong way and paid for the mistake.

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. Clokr

Clokr Nucleus

Nebulae:
    I truly do appreciate everyone’s input and words on this. And now I believe is it up to @swexs to deliver the final verdict on this situation.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice