Denied Karl Muller

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by Clokr, May 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura

Laura Nucleus

Nebulae:
    :thonk:

Its pretty cringe to think it was just whiteknighting because it was a femchar. They are IC friends all that.

Eh- this can kind argued on how the NVA were shitfaced drunk. And lack of any LOOC communication.
    And the fact they just raised their guns and mowed down Clokr's character. Like the whole magazine used for a small comment.
    But that also can be argued that because they were drunk and were already super hostile, that its a valid reaction.
    Still.. think beating would have been more realistic to pretty much a blind man. Maybe an execution with NLR.
    Still don't think a PK would have been a case. Shurg
    Merged:
    Yea, i'll shut up now. I just wanted to comment on the situation one last time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Snowl

Snowl `impulse-approved
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    there was no looc communication because i have zero tolerance for it, i dont believe in it unless it is being used to confirm something very simple or clear up a typo in a /me or chat, looc arguments ruin gameplay and im on here to have fun not negotiate with some rando, this is what the forums are for not the server looc chat space.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. char

char The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
    WW3 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    Clokr's character knows how to play it smart. He's been gathering intel right from my char by appealing to his curiosity and ego, so I know OOCly that his char is capable of a lot more nuanced means of subterfuge and intelligence gathering. He went out of his way to be outwardly belligerent to three armed and disorderly members of the NVA, and as a result paid the price for it.

The character has previously been quite smart, but this time he was dumb and paid the price. Maybe the NVA were overzealous, but it wouldn't be out of character for them to be so. Nevermind that these characters have been brutalised due to the constant ambushes and deaths of comrades. If this occurred near the start of the server, maybe there would be some kind of precedence there - but things have changed quite drastically ICly and characters are acting according to that.

#23 char, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 8
  4. Snowl

Snowl `impulse-approved
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    as someone who survived the battle of frankfurt on my stasi char, and who was a veteran of the 83 conflict and a former soviet adjutant, i can confirm i have zero tolerance for these type of shenanigans and my actions were warranted considering the two soldiers were drunk, and if this guy did take advantage of it, i would be left alone with him and have to fend for myself, it was done out of defense, he already physically attacked me while i was following the drunk hershs orders and he didnt get the message when we pepper sprayed him, he already had a warning, i don't play games i shoot first and ask questions later icly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. '77 East

'77 East Rictal-Approved
    WW3 RP Operator

Nebulae:
    Please stop posting and let @swexs make his decision when he arrives, we've already covered the appropriate points.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. swexs

swexs
    WW3 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    The situation escalated pretty quickly, it's part of a roleplay scenario - characters come and go, scenarios in which you have little no control over happen, whether it's good or bad, depending on how one person sees that, it's part of roleplay, you can't choose all the time what happens to your character, surely it sucks for everyone when they lose their character, I understand that. I also understand that this scenario might've not been the ideal one for your character to go or even the one you perhaps "planned" or imagined to be. But it happens.
    Was it grounds for a PK? Yes, it was, but let's forget about the breach of fearRP here for a moment and recap on what happened and see it this way - was it wise for you to threaten three drunken soldiers in a forsaken basement of a pub? I also understand that your character has a backstory of being someone who isn't afraid of being shot, but that wasn't really the wisest choice to go with, you chose to say that and it had its evident consequences for your character.

I'm going ahead and mark this as denied, I hope you understand and I hope this doesn't discourage you from playing, shit happens for everyone and it sucks, as I said above, it's part of roleplay, there are situations in which your character has little to no control for things they've done or said - take this as of a lesson if anything.

• Agree Agree x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice