Denied kieran o'dreary's last ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nebulae
Your Steam Name: bigdaddyboy413
Your Steam ID: No clue.

Character Name:
Kieran O'Dreary
Member of staff who banned your character: No idea!
Character/Player who carried out the PK (If known): @Raiden on 'Cody', i think.

Describe how your character died:

Kieran was by his tent before going to sleep (I was moments away from logging out), was looking for a bounty, mistook someone for a man on a poster and then just had a conversation with him (Cane, I think his name was), he was then approached by a soldier, whom asked his profession, basically;

Kieran explains he's a bounty hunter, but when he catches the criminal, he doesn't just turn them in for some lousy reward, for his vigilante work, he captures said criminals, cages them, and sells them to the highest bidder - which, has been interpreted as slave trading. And Kieran has taken to calling it such.

Kieran goes to his tent and is promptly shot in the back by the soldier.

Why do you believe your PK is invalid?:

Basically got killed for someone's moral beliefs of their character and because I'm basically a bounty hunter with extra steps. (I hunt criminals and slel them to work or die to big factions).

Date of occurrence: A few moments ago.
Evidence (screenshots, logs): None!
Any other parties involved: None!
Misc details: first ever pk appeal !!! woop woop!

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
HI! Cody here:

I do not know their forum names, but I killed you for:

A. Assaulting two members (Mother and Akira) in the Town
B. Being a slave trader with questionable morals
C. YOU TOLD ME YOU PUT THEM IN SHOCK COLLARS
D. Lying when in interrogation (just cos I wanted to add D)

Reactions: List

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
f43c8dac1613772844bd73c92ea7c22b.png

Nebulae
HI! Cody here:

I do not know their forum names, but I killed you for:

A. Assaulting two members (Mother and Akira) in the Town
B. Being a slave trader with questionable morals
C. YOU TOLD ME YOU PUT THEM IN SHOCK COLLARS
D. Lying when in interrogation (just cos I wanted to add D)

A. I didn't assault anyone, I did come at Akira though - but ended up getting shot.
B. Not wrong, the character does kinda' sell slaves, but, I mean, you saw his posters, he only really goes after murderers and rapists to imprison and sell.
C. Also not a lie.
D. I did lie, told peeps I was with Orsted, in reality, just knew them.

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
A. I didn't assault anyone, I did come at Akira though - but ended up getting shot.
B. Not wrong, the character does kinda' sell slaves, but, I mean, you saw his posters, he only really goes after murderers and rapists to imprison and sell.
C. Also not a lie.
D. I did lie, told peeps I was with Orsted, in reality, just knew them.
Gonna leave it to pk managers cos imo its o set in stone, ur character faced the consequences of his actions imo

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
The way I see this, you've done something questionable even if allowed by your group's standards (I am guessing this is a difference in views between two groups? Confirm this you both @bigdaddyman413 @Raiden). I can't blame this kill on Raiden's character as even though they were criminals the way of making them pay for their crimes can differ from death.

But alas, the same goes for this situation, as I mentioned in the thread;
Diplomatic or otherwise non-lethal confrontations are encouraged over lethal ones. This is for the sake of player enjoyment. Think creatively, most of the time, death is not the only answer.

The guy hasn't murdered these people he's enslaving, thus his wrongdoings can be corrected.

With this I don't mean the situation isn't kill-worthy however, I was just wondering if this could've lead to a different RP line; you chose his wrongdoing was punishable by death and that's alright, what is done is done and the PK is valid in my eyes, so long as the kill and the roleplay around it was rightly executed.

Opinions? @Toriwarior30055 @FreeSpy

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
The way I see this, you've done something questionable even if allowed by your group's standards (I am guessing this is a difference in views between two groups? Confirm this you both @bigdaddyman413 @Raiden). I can't blame this kill on Raiden's character as even though they were criminals the way of making them pay for their crimes can differ from death.

But alas, the same goes for this situation, as I mentioned in the thread;

The guy hasn't murdered these people he's enslaving, thus his wrongdoings can be corrected.

With this I don't mean the situation isn't kill-worthy however, I was just wondering if this could've lead to a different RP line; you chose his wrongdoing was punishable by death and that's alright, what is done is done and the PK is valid in my eyes, so long as the kill and the roleplay around it was rightly executed.

Opinions? @Toriwarior30055 @FreeSpy
I mean, given what's been said, and correct me if I'm wrong or if there's things that haven't been said, I don't really see it as a justifiable kill since... the most he did was lie in an interrogation and put shock collars on his prisoners. And the slave trading.

But like what Jaggles quoted, this wasn't the only answer. It was the one chosen, but I don't see some people's humanity degraded to that point as a somewhat rare thing in the circumstances of the event, location and circumstances people find themselves in. (not rare to see people be different in such circumstances, resorting to maybe some ethically questionable things)

Forced labor in times of war isn't really... uncommon. If it was innocent people, randomly kidnapped guys out of the prison, then yes, this would be different, but given the idea of taking bounties and making them work, well that's a different story, given it's a punishment, for a crime. If it is a just one, that's for people to sort out IC

That's my 3 cents on it.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Speaking personally I think the fact that BDM chose to spare criminals and let them have more RP is far preferable to just capping them in the head and going "ur PK'd".

This is especially true considering if this was CityRP Rebels would have literally just shot criminals in the face themselves anyway.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Speaking personally I think the fact that BDM chose to spare criminals and let them have more RP is far preferable to just capping them in the head and going "ur PK'd".

This is especially true considering if this was CityRP Rebels would have literally just shot criminals in the face themselves anyway.
This is like fucking heroin to you, isn’t it

You just can’t help yourself

The server’s first PK appeal and you are back like a heroin addict who got a cheap fix

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
can't blame this kill on Raiden's character as even though they were criminals the way of making them pay for their crimes can differ from death.
Worth mentioning that this man had previously attempted to /arrest/ someone my character knows to be wholly innocent of a crime - even claiming that the guy stole from him personally which turned out not to be true.

Tldr this guy was making false charges on effectively random civillians with the hopes of justifying taking them into slavery.

He just so happened to try this on someone my character was looking to protect - just because its “good practice” to come to non-violent ways of resolution… how do I possibly come to a non-violent way to deal this? Guys a literal slaver.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Worth mentioning that this man had previously attempted to /arrest/ someone my character knows to be wholly innocent of a crime - even claiming that the guy stole from him personally which turned out not to be true.

Tldr this guy was making false charges on effectively random civillians with the hopes of justifying taking them into slavery.

He just so happened to try this on someone my character was looking to protect - just because its “good practice” to come to non-violent ways of resolution… how do I possibly come to a non-violent way to deal this? Guys a literal slaver.

Hey I'm not judging you for your decision

But you can speak about it with whoever is in charge of him or even put him in imprisonment or make some other thing.

Idk I was just rambling, I did not mean to say the decision you made was wrong or right, as far as I can say it's a death emanating from reasonable internal conflict and falls directly under the PK criteria.

Nebulae

He is not lying!

The past two people I did attack and capture were actual criminals and crazies, which I think Phil can attest to since one such criminal attacked him to which I enslaved him, I have some credibility so when I accused Akira of robbing me, it was purely out of some weak rp of him walking into me and me rping it as him bumping into me and accusing him of pickpocketing me because I dropped something. Which got largely ignored because I'm fairly sure all my captors were friends of his.

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
so when I accused Akira of robbing me, it was purely out of some weak rp of him walking into me and me rping it as him bumping into me and accusing him of pickpocketing me because I dropped something. Which got largely ignored because I'm fairly sure all my captors were friends of his.
Yeah, this is mainly why I hunted you down after the Akira thing - I suspected you were selling innocent people into slavery,
locking them into cages and wildly exaggerating what they are to justify it.

I also gave you the time to explain your “dealings” to which you went into some detail about the slaves, to which I just decided given the risk you pose to Akira - since you might try to capture him and sell him into slavery again, to TAKE YOU ROUND THE SHED as it were and put a few bullets in ur neck quietly and rid the world of one more slaver

Status
Not open for further replies.