[KINDA URGENT] Microphone data lost??

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Hi
My friend was doing a media project for 6th form. Me and a few others went round, did the recordings andeverything, all went fine.
Later on, I find out from her that apparently, due to a malfunction, it failed to autosave and everything automatically deleted. So is there any way we could possibly get the recordings back before tommorow? Since, her project is in tommorow. Any advice at all would be appreciated.

The microphone is by Marantz but she doesn't know what the actual name is, if that helps.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Hi
My friend was doing a media project for 6th form. Me and a few others went round, did the recordings andeverything, all went fine.
Later on, I find out from her that apparently, due to a malfunction, it failed to autosave and everything automatically deleted. So is there any way we could possibly get the recordings back before tommorow? Since, her project is in tommorow. Any advice at all would be appreciated.

The microphone is by Marantz but she doesn't know what the actual name is, if that helps.
If you have the exact date of the malfunction you could try and revert the PC it was stored on to that day though I would only do it as a last resort seeing as there is no way back after that

Trains

HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
If you have the exact date of the malfunction you could try and revert the PC it was stored on to that day though I would only do it as a last resort seeing as there is no way back after that
Thing is, it was stored on an SD card in the actual recording device I think. Or rather, if it saved it would have been. Because it fucked up, it didn't automatically save it when she stopped recording or something like that.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Thing is, it was stored on an SD card in the actual recording device I think. Or rather, if it saved it would have been. Because it fucked up, it didn't automatically save it when she stopped recording or something like that.
Can't help you then

Let this be a demonstration of why you always make backups right away

Reactions: List

Trains

HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Can't help you then

Let this be a demonstration of why you always make backups right away
tbh, she shouldn't have left it to the last minute
it was going to be last thursday, then we could have just done it again if it happened, but basically everyone decided to cancel.

i guess she'll either have to just deal with the consequences or we do it again :/

D

Deleted member 243

tbh, she shouldn't have left it to the last minute
it was going to be last thursday, then we could have just done it again if it happened, but basically everyone decided to cancel.

i guess she'll either have to just deal with the consequences or we do it again :/
Explain it to your teacher. I don't think they're harsh enough to give you a low grade, instead giving you another chance.

lucid

aussie battler
Nebulae
Explain it to your teacher. I don't think they're harsh enough to give you a low grade, instead giving you another chance.

Exactly this - it's clear there's nothing malicious going on, and it's clear you've actually done the work. The teacher would see you're not trying to get an excuse to hand it in late, or whatever. I'm sure they'd see it as a harmless mistake, and probably give you another chance or an extra period of time to complete it.

I dunno if I'm too late, but good luck regardless.

Trains

HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Exactly this - it's clear there's nothing malicious going on, and it's clear you've actually done the work. The teacher would see you're not trying to get an excuse to hand it in late, or whatever. I'm sure they'd see it as a harmless mistake, and probably give you another chance or an extra period of time to complete it.

I dunno if I'm too late, but good luck regardless.
Yeah we re recorded it yesterday and she got it in, don't know if they accepted it or not, thanks for the help regardless