Laptop dies, refuses to power on

• Thread starter Deleted member 150
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 150

Hello.
Today, early in the morning, I decided to go for a nice game of Insurgency, when, suddenly, my laptop died. Just died. Screen blacked out and the fan stopped. This wasn't an overheating problem, since this happened to me before, even while the device wasn't heated.
So, I decided to try powering it back on, but there was no response. I disassembled and reassembled it twice, tried removing the battery, holding down the power button... It just doesn't want to work.

help please im gonna die without roleplay

Reactions: List

Joesh

Neutrino
Nebulae
Hi there! It happened to me too.. Sadly i have to inform you my friend that your computer is dead. Yep. Sadly it is true. I remember that i had a Laptop that was working really fine! Yeah it was 10/10 but from some day it started to shut down from time to time. I actually ignored the problem and tried to work on it as usually but that problem only grew. The computer started to do it more and more often.. One day at about 21.00 i was making a project for school, when i was in the primary school. And as you probally guessed out the computer just shut down! Well i was pretty shocked that it did right then but it happened. Well i tought my work is not gone, but... Eh OpenOffice made it pretty shitty and said that it can not 'Revive' my work. And the project was lost. Well i had no choice and just asked my dad, who is an informatician what is happening to my computer, it is shutting down from time to time and all i knew it was connected to Kernel Power. I'm not certainly sure is it actually what are you describing right there but that scenario pretty fits well to your story. Let's continue then.. my dad was working on my computer trying to fix it, he had to reset the whole system, but i agreed, because what else i could do. It did not help. The computer did the same and same again. Then i heard that it is broken so i had to buy a new laptop. I have another ASUS right now, but i'm trying to be more carefull with this one. The old computer probally overheated or somewhat. You can go to some service and ask about it, is it still alive, but sadly i do not think so. One more thing.. "How can i notice that something bad is happening to my computer?" I noticed that my earlier laptop was running really hard from time to time, it sounded sometimes like 'pocket jet engine' in my room. "How can i save my computer from this?" Well i heard that my new computer is doing the same but really not often. I was worried about it, so you can 'do it manually' so just get the computer off your desk for moment, just hold it up util it will stop the engine sound or just buy a cooling pad. It is not so expensive, i guess you can buy it in price of 25-100 bucks. As for me it costed about 20. It works really fine, but i would suggest you to buy a Not so cheap/Not so expensive one. Why? I'm not sure why, but mine one broke really quick, or the fan is blocked by something. Anyways it makes just a sound like it is blocked.

I hope i helped you somehow with this problem :)

D

Deleted member 150

Welp, time to start saving my food money.
According to my calculations, it'll only take me three years of minor starvation, plus all of my current savings, to buy a PC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joesh

Neutrino
Nebulae
Well.. sorry that is just my opinion and experience about that. Personally i would suggest you to start with going to some computer service. I did not wrote that i was there in my little story, but i did it in that reply. It can take some days utill you get the answear what actually happened to it. I guess battery. Well i can only wish you luck with your computer :(