Not open for further replies.

Random

soon™️
Nebulae
Your Steam Name: Random

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:78541525

Character Name: LCpl. Lucion Albescu

Member of staff who banned your character: @rustydog

Character/Player who carried out the PK (If known): I don't know Describe how your character died: I died in an OTA engagement and at a later one (after the OTA left) to a rebel who entered the infestation zone, I followed him and tried shooting him (as I am supposed to), which I assumed would be fine in terms of NLR since I thought that doesn't apply as the same engagement. I don't spawn in the PD so I tried taking the most direct path to the PD, which was close to the OTA engagement but as far as I knew it was over.
Why do you believe your PK is invalid?: I thought that if I go in the Infested zone to stop someone it would be fine, also I believed this didn't apply to the OTA engagement (as the OTA left the city already). I understand that what I did was kind off stupid, and I am willing to accept a temp PK but a perma PK for what I presumed to be fine due to me assuming it counted as a different engagement seems a bit of an overreaction.

Date of occurrence: 24-07-2023

Evidence (screenshots, logs): Nope

Any other parties involved: not sure

Misc details: None really, I just think a perma PK is just a bit too much for a misunderstanding since the recent changes with the Engagement rules, I got a bit confused, aswell as (I assume) the admin who PKed me was matching me, I was also confused as to why he didn't inform me I shouldn't do that. But I am getting off topic, I am open to hear it from the staffs perspective and give any more information needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: List

flowerbroth

Quark
Nebulae
yeah so I just ran the command. I was overseeing the conflict between OTA and Rebels/NG. Originally I was going to do a little NPC/Recon event for OTA in the infestation zone, but a rebel drove by and spotted OTA.

You had gotten killed by an OTA, and then returned to the conflict while still under NLR.

You shot at OTA from a rooftop, got shot at a few times, but ultimately the OTA went back into the sewers. Maybe the conflict was considered over because OTA left? Not sure.

I then started watching someone else who was further away from you, so I had no eyes on you.

A bit later, I see that you died via logs. In OP chat I guess you were lone-wolfing while you died.

So, as explained in PM’s, the reason would be that you returned to a conflict while under NLR, then died & died while lone wolfing. I cannot speak about the lone wolfing because I did not physically see you die. I know that some staff did see this though.

I just ran the command, I really have no say in this. We all make mistakes & maybe you didn’t know the rules. I simply was just overseeing a conflict on my staff character.

Best of luck!

Random

soon™️
Nebulae
You shot at OTA from a rooftop, got shot at a few times, but ultimately the OTA went back into the sewers.
I shot at them to deter them from shooting at me, my intention wasn't to return to combat, but I can see how that would me interpretated as such.

A bit later, I see that you died via logs. In OP chat I guess you were lone-wolfing while you died.
I died because I saw some guy run into the Infestaton Zone, I gave him a warning shot to stop, he probably assumed I was going to kill him, which is why he gunned me down (I assume), my intention wasn't to kill him, I was trying to talk to him and make him leave the IZ as my char doesn't care really nore does he want to kill someone really for going there, especially after the OTA thing.

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae

Big pile of problems.​

I am just here to list a few after investigating the logs.
We will start with the first problem, breaking NLR:

[18:50:02] LCpl. Lucion Albescu has taken 40 damage from S17:CMD-2.DAGGER-1.
[18:50:02] LCpl. Lucion Albescu died at location: -2882.504150 9713.819336 128.018478.
Time of death
[18:56:20] LCpl. Lucion Albescu has taken 104 damage from S17:CMD-2.DAGGER-1.
Time of return

The gap between both times is less than 15 minutes.
This is a rulebreak and the punishment for this is if you die, you are permanently killed.

Addressing the next problem:
Healing mid-combat must be roleplayed properly and will be limited to one item per firefight. This restriction does not apply if you successfully retreat to a safe zone outside of the conflict (like for instance retreating inside a base). You are not allowed to return to combat until 15 minutes have passed since you retreated for treatment. Armor items count as healing.
Stating the obvious: This rulebreak is in conjunction with breaking your NLR. You didn't 'retreat' in a natural sense by dying, but by fully repairing your armor and then returning to combat within this timeframe you still meet the criteria of this rule. You are ignoring the fact you died and used this involuntarily or voluntarily as a means to continue S2K.

Logs of following rule-break:
[18:50:02] LCpl. Lucion Albescu died at location: -2882.504150 9713.819336 128.018478.
Time of death

[18:51:27] LCpl. Lucion Albescu ran 'Insert' on item 'Armor Scraps' (#325233)
[18:51:27] [MEDICAL] LCpl. Lucion Albescu repaired their armor with Armor Scraps.
[18:51:27] LCpl. Lucion Albescu ran 'Insert' on item 'Armor Scraps' (#325232)
[18:51:27] [MEDICAL] LCpl. Lucion Albescu repaired their armor with Armor Scraps.
[18:51:27] [MEDICAL] LCpl. Lucion Albescu applied an armor repair during their cooldown. - Treatment inside base
[18:51:28] LCpl. Lucion Albescu ran 'Insert' on item 'Armor Scraps' (#325231)
[18:51:28] [MEDICAL] LCpl. Lucion Albescu repaired their armor with Armor Scraps.
[18:51:28] [MEDICAL] LCpl. Lucion Albescu applied an armor repair during their cooldown. - Treatment inside base

Time of return

To finish off this post, our general PK window as a consequence for someones actions, be it shooting into an enemy base or breaking another rule in terms of character risk has a time window of 30 minutes. In this case, you breaking NLR.
As soon as you returned to the conflict this official 30 window timer began, and would only begin to tick down as soon as all forces of one side escaped or died.

[19:02:18] LCpl. Lucion Albescu has taken 29 damage from ###### ######. (Censored as unimportant)
[19:02:18] LCpl. Lucion Albescu died at location: -3837.258789 12677.772461 128.031250.
Time of second death.

I am not the one who decides the verdict on this PK Appeal nor for a punishment of the second rule-break, but I only wanted to bring this to attention for the PK Managers and Staff involved. (@rustydog)

Random

soon™️
Nebulae

Big pile of problems.​

I am just here to list a few after investigating the logs.
We will start with the first problem, breaking NLR:

[18:50:02] LCpl. Lucion Albescu has taken 40 damage from S17:CMD-2.DAGGER-1.
Time of death
Time of return

The gap between both times is less than 15 minutes.
This is a rulebreak and the punishment for this is if you die, you are permanently killed.

Addressing the next problem:

Stating the obvious: This rulebreak is in conjunction with breaking your NLR. You didn't 'retreat' in a natural sense by dying, but by fully repairing your armor and then returning to combat within this timeframe you still meet the criteria of this rule. You are ignoring the fact you died and used this involuntarily or voluntarily as a means to continue S2K.

Logs of following rule-break:
Time of death

[18:51:27] LCpl. Lucion Albescu ran 'Insert' on item 'Armor Scraps' (#325233)
[18:51:27] LCpl. Lucion Albescu ran 'Insert' on item 'Armor Scraps' (#325232)
[18:51:27] [MEDICAL] LCpl. Lucion Albescu applied an armor repair during their cooldown. - Treatment inside base
[18:51:28] LCpl. Lucion Albescu ran 'Insert' on item 'Armor Scraps' (#325231)
[18:51:28] [MEDICAL] LCpl. Lucion Albescu repaired their armor with Armor Scraps.
[18:51:28] [MEDICAL] LCpl. Lucion Albescu applied an armor repair during their cooldown. - Treatment inside base

Time of return

To finish off this post, our general PK window as a consequence for someones actions, be it shooting into an enemy base or breaking another rule in terms of character risk has a time window of 30 minutes. In this case, you breaking NLR.
As soon as you returned to the conflict this official 30 window timer began, and would only begin to tick down as soon as all forces of one side escaped or died.

[19:02:18] LCpl. Lucion Albescu has taken 29 damage from ###### ######. (Censored as unimportant)
[19:02:18] LCpl. Lucion Albescu died at location: -3837.258789 12677.772461 128.031250.
Time of second death.

I am not the one who decides the verdict on this PK Appeal nor for a punishment of the second rule-break, but I only wanted to bring this to attention for the PK Managers and Staff involved. (@rustydog)
Hmm, alright I guess I just completly misunderstood the NLR rules, I can see why I deserve a punishment for that, but would there be a way to make it a temp one instead, since it was me misunderstanding the rule, considering the fairly recent changes to the rule aswell.

(I guess in the end it's up to the guys in charge of the PK appeals)

Toriwarior30055

I am Santa Claus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
Since Freespy isn't available. This appeal has been denied, deaths that occur when breaking NLR are a PK, and you are free to make a new National Guard character.

Sorry for the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.