Lets talk about copying somebody's work

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
So today i stumbled upon a HL2RP guide created by two polish blokes
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1101357167

Right from the start i noticed that most of the images are from here, and most of the text is just simply google translated.

But what really interested me is the note at the end.
In polish "We reserve the right to this guide. So if you want to publish it elsewhere you must ask for permission from one of the owners of the guide."

How can you reserve the rights to a duplicate of somebody's work?
What are yall thoughts about this shite

Kerim

Proton
Nebulae
pretty sure that if you create a guide you're actually not the entitled owner of it with copyrights, so technically they can use it however they'd like. then again i don't read much into this sorta ordeal so what'd i know

Jimbo

Molecule
Nebulae
dog move on their part but shit its just a game rly i doubt theyd do shit if someone actually did take the work that they ironically stole
[doublepost=1504166442][/doublepost]
pretty sure that if you create a guide you're actually not the entitled owner of it with copyrights, so technically they can use it however they'd like. then again i don't read much into this sorta ordeal so what'd i know
it's not the guide it's the images

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
ah well yeah pretty sure they automatically fall under creative commons unless you license them

Its more about the thing that they have a running hl2rp server, the owner calls himself an experienced developer and yet hes not able to create his own images for a guide so he needs to copy it from nebulous, even the text is translated

Kerim

Proton
Nebulae
Its more about the thing that they have a running hl2rp server, the owner calls himself an experienced developer and yet hes not able to create his own images for a guide so he needs to copy it from nebulous, even the text is translated
welcome to 2017 you're on the internet. what did you expect, that people will put effort into their shit when they can copy others'? nibba this ain't a fairy land

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae

Valve's stance on the Legal behind copyright.

Claims of Copyright Infringement
Valve respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask that everyone using our internet sites and services do the same. Anyone who believes that their work has been reproduced in one of our internet sites or services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement may notify Valve via this page.

Reactions: List

All Adm*ns are Bastards

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
who made the images if they're from heere cos theyre shit anyway. come forward and hang your head in shame for using the wank tnb models that don't have shadows

Reactions: List