Denied Lionheart tries to live 2 electric boogaloo

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by Merlinsclaw, Nov 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlinsclaw

Merlinsclaw Risen From Ruins

Nebulae:
    Nearly at the bingo boys.

Steam Name: Merlinsclaw
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:63717084

Character Name: Overseer Jake Lionheart
    Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character: @Tzula

What Led To Your Character's Death?: Jake Lionheart was taken to Camp Barry after hiding out in the wilderness for some time. Upon arrival, he was sat down and questioned about the events of the two days. However, the pipeline once again exploded. Everyone rushed out, and Lionheart hopped up onto the pipe with @Deathwolf who was the only other person on the pipe. The two of them tried to turn the valve, but failed, and Spencer (Deathwolf) was hurt. Lionheart jumped down and began to save him. Half way through saving Spencer, Henry (Hazzar?) came running up. Lionheart began to treat him and moved him to the security cabin. Spencer survived, and Henry began to fall into critical condition. Spencer (Deathwolf) then shot and killed Henry. Lionheart made a cross, and the group buried him.

About 30 minutes later, the group went into a cave. Lionheart hid behind a rock when a poison zombie approached, and was beat to death with a shovel by @rams . Despite attempting to use three medkits and bandages, Lionheart died. The reason being is that Lionheart 'killed Henry.'

Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?: It seems like Lionheart had very little to do with his death here. The group was trying to put out a fire, and Lionheart was just pulling medical. That doesn't, in my opinion, seem like a very valid reason to PK someone. Hell, Spencer literally shot the guy. I mean, you wouldn't kill a UM worker for failing to save someone who is unsaveable, and Lionheart did his best, and even created a cross to bury the guy with. It just, in my opinion, seems like a shoddy PK reason.

Date Of Occurrence: 2/11/19
    Evidence: Logs
    Other Players Involved: Pretty much everyone at Camp Barry.
    Any Other Details: N/A

• Optimistic Optimistic x 7
    • nebulous nebulous x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. friendly

friendly god, syria and bashar

Nebulae:
    i'll respond in a bit if it's needed

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  3. '77 East

'77 East `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    Tagging people who were involved in the situation.
    @rams @gaben @Dallas

Also worth mentioning before people throw shit out: All the overseers volunteered despite the risk. They signed up knowing anything could happen, and did so.

Peace.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  4. Nov

Nov Atom
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    @Tzula did.
    Merged:
    @Butcher Pete

5. Butcher Pete

Butcher Pete Went to greece a jew came as a homophobic racist

Nebulae:
    wasn't really involved in this killing, I just watched it happen if anything and pointed out some wrongs that were ignored. Good luck Merlin

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Dallas

Dallas event guy

Nebulae:
    a political leader who causes chaos and disarray in the first few hours, the conscripts arrest him, he eventually winds up defecting to the common people - who have suffered because of him in the city

a pipeline explosion occurs and the camp barry people, and lionheart, run out to fix the pipeline

the control valves need turning, both lionheart and ( @friendly ) character 'Henry Montgomery' are fixing one valve

they both roll very low (0 and 4 or something - and less than 20 is a critical fail)

there is an explosion, which Henry is caught in and dies of lethal burns, Lionheart escapes with minor injuries

Henry's final plea is to kill the traitor Lionheart, the member of the Civil Authority who had led them to this hellscape

@rams character held Lionheart responsible for the death of his comrade and decided that he was going to kill him

all this, i saw - and when i was messaged on steam by rams to confirm that it was valid motives for an auth, i confirmed it
    i have been against CAB pks in this event and even voided 2 last night so believe me when i say that this was fully justified in my opinion and i saw no reason to deny it

lionheart put himself in incredible danger and paid the price for it

that is all i have to say, really

• nebulous nebulous x 17
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. '77 East

'77 East `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    Worth noting Lionheart's (supposed) incompetence exasperated the pipeline explosion of day one explosion while he was sorting 'other' matters out.

Which was why Barents became a pseudo-Leninist republic in the first place.

8. Merlinsclaw

Nebulae:
    This was me and @Deathwolf

Not me and Henry. I wasn't even on the pipe when Henry got caught in the blast, I was down helping Spencer (Deathwolf) with his injuries.

9. Dallas

Dallas event guy

Nebulae:
    i saw you both working on the pipe, at the same time, together

i would not have authorised the pk if i wasn't there to see it with my own eyes how closely involved you were in this situation

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  10. friendly

Nebulae:
    Yeah, that's true - I had also told you to throw the medkit to someone else and help me with the pipe infront. I had told your character at the start that in order to become a 'labourer' and redeem himself from his position as overseer he had to do work on the pipe - In my character's eyes, this was a betrayal by your character, to try and get out of the risky work that was going to redeem you from the betrayal earlier. That's why my final wish was to have you killed.

(He was at the front of the pipe queue but decided to jump down instead, leading to my character having to operate the valve alone and thus dying)

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  11. Merlinsclaw

Nebulae:
    Ah.

I was assisting Deathwolf in the front when it blew up, and then I jumped down to assist him. I think you were behind me, and rushed up front after I jumped down, which is when you got burnt. The only person I was working at with the time was Deathwolf, and in the chaos I didn't even hear you say that. Like I said above, I didn't work with Henry in the front at all. I only healed him, and the basis of the PK comes from me jumping down to save Spencer.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  12. friendly

Nebulae:
    The basis of the PK for me comes down to

-You being told you have one last chance to redeem yourself by working on the pipe
    -Jumping down off of the pipe when I shout at you to give the medkit to someone else and keep working
    -Because of this, my character dies, seeing it as a betrayal of your chance to redeem yourself to try and save your own skin of working on the pipe
    -Thomas, a very close friend of Henry, is given word of his final wishes, and kills you

• nebulous nebulous x 4
  13. Tzula

Tzula Molecule

Nebulae:
    Yeah, I pked him.
    He was found responsible for crimes against someone else so..
    Yeah.

Sorry about pking you, goodluck!

#13 Tzula, Nov 2, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Mic15000

Mic15000 The Underdog
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    Well that tells it all, @Merlinsclaw you want to add anything else before I give my verdict?

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  15. Merlinsclaw

Nebulae:
    As I said, that really wasn't the case because we weren't working together. It was Deathwolf and I who were working on the line. See Friendly's post, Henry wasn't on the pipe at the time. The reason for the PK mainly comes from me missing a line in the chaos of it all and jumping down to save a guy before Henry went to the next valve and got burnt. Tried to save him and failed.

Again, my main point being is that me jumping down in the chaos to save someones life, and missing one line saying to throw a medkit, shouldn't count as a valid PK.

Go ahead with the verdict though.

16. Deathwolf

Deathwolf Molecule
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    after I dropped you was told repeatedly not to come down, your actions led to his death

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mic15000

Mic15000 The Underdog
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    Well, I can understand your point of view @Merlinsclaw but the reasons @Dallas explained are valid and makes sense, and there are more than plenty.

All in all you failed your job as overseer and you failed to rise the people to your side, you failed to stay with the conscript and have them at your site and in the end, you failed the mission.

There's not much to say except that this is definitely valid for the situation, yesterday you dodged a bullet but today you got buried with a shovel. You can't win them all. Could this have been avoided? I can guarantee it, if you had done some more safer choices you wouldn't have been put in such risk, of course, the reward and success of the mission were worth the risk I won't blame you on that.

In the end, you died fairly be it a hero or a villain it's not up to me to decide.

Denied and Locked.

• nebulous nebulous x 18
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice