Denied Liusaidh Saunder's PK appeal

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by Oswinner, May 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oswinner

Oswinner Electron

Nebulae:
    Steam Name: Oswinner
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70712681

Character Name: Liusaidh Saunder.
    Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character: @Havok

What Led To Your Character's Death?: Simply walking into a sewer and then briskly walking out.
    Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?: Killing a person who has nothing but themselves and their starting equipment who walks in and then out of the sewer entrance is a little over the top, especially the character of not being rebel bringing and is known to be an alcoholic.
    Date Of Occurrence: 30/05/2019.
    Evidence: Empty inventory and an lacking stance of char dev.
    Other Players Involved: @Havok and some other CP who he was PT'd with.
    Any Other Details: The CP's got me, fair enough but I feel that it should not be a pk but an nlr.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Kiko

Kiko Electron

Nebulae:
    Hi I'm the scanner who tagged you. I saw you exiting SS3 when I was patrolling over CZ4. SS3 is considered criminal trespass.

Being in the sewers is:
    63 CRIMINAL TRESPASS | Trespassing into an area restricted to Overwatch forces.
    That's a terminal verdict.

Not much else to say.

3. Oswinner

Oswinner Electron

Nebulae:
    Yes, I know. I addressed being captured in a fair clause but don't you think that PK is a little too far with a person who has no come fourths of rebel activity but admitted in being an alcoholic who is looking for some rubbish to sell at the rubbish bin in rations.

4. Kiko

Kiko Electron

Nebulae:
    idk why your character would be more important than others just because of their development. it's fair for everyone. any other person would be pk'ed for this charge, so it applies to you as well.

5. linntrix

linntrix pilotbland's best friend
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    Not part of the PK whatsoever, but personal problems are not a concern of Overwatch/Union forces unless it leads into something which is seen as criminal.

In this case, the alleged state of being drunk (which I’m unsure as to if you actually rp’d being) took you into doing something criminal.

6. Oswinner

Oswinner Electron

Nebulae:
    It seems I have got the message I am trying to put fourth in wrong words. I am saying that a pk seems far to a character with little to no rebellious disposition; Yes, she is a criminal but in the bigger picture looking at her general status and function of herself would not be considered a threat. But to simplify it, yes killer her by all means but oocly it is fairly far in pking the character from judgement of one crime observed crime. Just a food for thought.

If anyone can put this in better words, feel free; Can't seem to consctruct a way to put it without causing confusion or a wrong meaning.

Never said she was drunk, but does it not count for ooc consideration?

7. Oswinner

Oswinner Electron

Nebulae:
    But anyways, if there is a person (with near enough a clean criminality slate) who comitted a crime I think it would be more authoritively pleasing to actually give them a type of prison sentence or to cause harm on them which gives a message on not to do it again - More vicious than a simple stunstick to the head and less bland than putting a bullet in the head. But multiple reported high end crimes or doing something should cause harm onto one or more people/Union assets should be the nails set in the coffin.

8. Kiko

Kiko Electron

Nebulae:
    i've been thinking about long-term CP prison sentences for a while, rather than straight up amputations, but for the moment it's not a thing. at least not to my knowledge. again, any other character would have been pk'ed for this. just because your character wasnt a gun wielding rebel doesn't mean they are less of a threat to socio-stability when comitting this crime.

9. linntrix

linntrix pilotbland's best friend
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    I might be incorrect on the tier, though I believe starting at red tier is when characters can get their “second chance” by speaking with CAB about their infractions.

Even if you were in their with no intent of being rebellious, it still stands as a valid PK due to IC restrictions. For all dispatch/cp’s know you could have walked in for a split second to inform rebels about the location of Civil Protection etc, sure it’s unlikely, but it’s an oppression, no lawyers or court.

It’s a shit way for a character to die, but I don’t think it’s worthy of an unPK unless there was some form of metagaming or OOC fuckery which you have proof of.

10. Oswinner

Oswinner Electron

Nebulae:
    Alot of newbies will be killed because of it and yes icly there would be a sign of warning there to prevent such things happening and to ward off any aspiring rebels or stowaways.

#10 Oswinner, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
    • nebulous nebulous x 1
  11. Oswinner

Oswinner Electron

Nebulae:
    Eh, anyways, can't be arsed with the appeal anymore. Haven't got the right words to fight it through.

12. Señor Jaggles

Señor Jaggles Zasshu Impaler Extraordinaire
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Right guys I do know you all have a lot of free time and I appreciate the concern of those who did add important inputs like the sign thing but do not post in PK appeals you're not involved in please.

I feel this issue falls on a special category, since in the past, the sewers were gassed so no sign telling it was a restricted area was needed. However, there's no doubt an underground place where guys with weapons walk about and CPs don't patrol is nothing but a restricted area. Aside from that, people have already been PKed for 63 due to being in said location, so it would be unfair to unPK you.

On the topic of the signs... There's a buttload of accesses to the sewers, however I will make sure someone adds signs to the most "public" ones that are not behind and special doors or weird vents.

Denied and locked.

• nebulous nebulous x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice