Accepted Lorenz, Dieter - NVA Dossier

Discussion in 'Ministry for State Security' started by Theplahunter, Sep 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theplahunter

Theplahunter Electron
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]
    OOC SECTION & RULES

While the majority of your effort should be focused on the IC part of your application, there are a few OOC necessities, listed below.

Name (Steam and Primary Forum)
    Theplahunter *spitfire

SteamID
    STEAM_0:1:44420100

Timezone
    UTC -6

Expected Activity, Possible Inactivity
    I will most likely be playing the majority weekend hours, and early mornings in the US timezone. Currently I work nights (this is pending change to a daytime shift), so I sleep during the day on weekdays and then work nights. I will be able to at least put an hour or two daily, and 3-4+ hours on weekends.

Previous Infractions, Forum or Server (WW3RP & HL2RP)
    A few very old forum bans and maybe a temp ban or two. It was very long ago, so I cannot remember exactly what they were for.

Are you aware of the differences in the Stasiland iteration for WW3RP compared to earlier ones?
    Yes, Stasiland is going to be a much more civilian and RP focused server, set away from the frontlines. There will be more priority in roleplaying and developing a story, instead of the repeated patrols and combat of the past versions.

How familiar are you with the history and ideology of the German Democratic Republic?
    I am very familiar with the history of the GDR, and I have been doing plenty of research to educate myself more on the subject.

Describe, summarily and to the best of your understanding, the role of the Stasi and their practices in a broad sense

The Ministry for State Security (MfS) were the secret police and intelligence agency of East Germany. Charged with espionage, identifying and dealing with dissidents, spying on citizens using informants and other surveillance, and covert operations in foreign countries. They were considered one of the most effective and repressive secret police agencies, and managed to sow discourse in the west and internally against opposition.

The Stasi mainly used infiltration tactics, and psychological means to destroy dissidents. From Zersetzung, to turning friends of citizens into informers and spies, and even drilling holes into apartment and hotel room walls to film citizens. Schools, hospitals, and universities were infiltrated to counteract the spread of western video games and ideologies amongst the youth of the GDR. Another practice of infiltration was using ‘Romeos’, attractive men who could woo secretaries of important people, and slowly drain information out of them using sex and romance.

sources

https://www.bstu.de/informationen-z...mente-des-ministeriums-fuer-staatssicherheit/ In german, translations avalible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUVXBGNhn_Y

[​IMG]

IC SECTION

[​IMG]

DOSSIER #051712
    OFFICIAL EYES ONLY

Dieter Lorenz (Right)
    [​IMG]

NAME: DIETER A. LORENZ

D.O.B: 07/19/1968

BIRTHPLACE: Leipzig, Germany.

PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES: 1.85m | Dark brown hair | Blue eyes | Lanky build | Pale-ish skin

MENTAL ATTRIBUTES: Level headed | Inquisitive | Attentive to detail

MILITARY SERVICE: 24 MONTH MILITARY EDUCATION SERVICE 1986-1988 | 18 MONTHS MANDATORY CONSCRIPTION - FULFILLED WITH HONORS 1988-1990 | 26 MONTH VOLUNTARY SERVICE EXTENSION - 1990-1992 - FULFILLED WITH HONORS - 4 YEAR TOTAL ACTIVE SERVICE | RADIO OPERATOR AND RIFLEMAN - BASIC MEDICAL TRAINING GIVEN - RIFLE AND PISTOL PROFICIENCY - Medaille für treue Dienste in der Nationalen Volksarmee (Bronze) | Blücher Order (Bronze)

Obstacle course day, 1988.
    "Soon going to be relocated to the border. I'll miss you guys. - Dieter."

[​IMG]

EDUCATION: STANDARD HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA - ABOVE AVERAGE MARKS | TWO YEAR DEGREE - HUMBOLDT UNIVERSITY OF BERLIN - TELECOMMUNICATIONS

EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITY: FDJ MEMBER - PARTICIPANT IN LOCAL FDJ SPONSORED FOOTBALL TEAM (RIGHT WING)| HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL PLAYER (RIGHT WING/STRIKER)| ACTIVE SED PARTICIPANT - MULTIPLE RALLY ATTENDANCE SIGN-INS, LOCAL MEET-UP ORGANIZER, JUNIOR PUBLIC SPEAKER. | BFC DYNAMO SUPPORTER

RELATIVES & LOVED ONES: ANA LORENZ, MOTHER (52) | HANS LORENZ (57) | STEFAN LORENZ, BROTHER (17) | MANFRED LORENZ, BROTHER (29) | SUSANNE KOCH, EX-GIRLFRIEND (25)

MEDICAL HISTORY: AGE 15 - CONCUSSION FROM SPORTS PLAY | AGE 17 - FRACTURED LOWERED LEG FROM SPORTS PLAY | AGE 22 - CONCUSSION SUSTAINED DURING COMBAT, SHRAPNEL WOUNDS SUSTAINED DURING COMBAT | AGE 24 - STANDARD FLU

PERSONAL INFORMATION: Conscripted at the age of 18 into the National Volksarmee, quickly excelled in basic rifle training and pistol marksmanship. During training, Dieter showed himself as very passionate and supportive of the FDJ and SED, further investigation shows mother (Ana Lorenz) is a politicians secretary, and father (Hans Lorenz) is a veteran and coach of the Leipzig youth football program. Dieter has been shown strong values supporting the party, and a creative way of solving problems, reporting several dissidents in his friend group after gathering a large amount of evidence against them. Has no qualms reporting close friends if they are against the values of the GDR. Strong sense of will, and ability to follow orders extremely well.

Took two year education option during cease fire, became active 2 years before war. Voluntarily extended front-line service after serving from April to July, opting for 26 month extension for a total of 4 years non-education service. After mandatory service had ended in July, Dieter had re-enlisted to keep with his comrades, who put a great deal of trust in him. Interviews with squad-mates reveal a charismatic aura about him that kept morale high, and his speeches were well crafted.

Dieters front line service has been underlined by his combat injuries, sustaining shrapnel wounds and concussive injuries from a landmine a squad mate triggered. After recovery, returned to service and finished front line duties. Afterwards, returned to Berlin for a two-year education service, Telecommunications degree was earned with high marks, and professors highlighted his intelligence in the matter, and his strong sense of loyalty. Most projects were designed with military applications in mind, but none were applicable in their current state.

NOTES

INTERVIEW BELOW ON DIETERS THOUGHTS OF MfS TRANSFER

[START OF TAPE]

LORENZ: Guten Tag, you wanted to see me, Comrade?

INTERVIEWER: Ja, Dieter-- Do you mind if I call you Dieter?

LORENZ: No, I do not mind.

INTERVIEWER: Yes, good. So, Dieter... Your service record has been very impressive, yes?

LORENZ: Uhm, I would say so, yes. Serving the people of Germany has been my passion, and driving out those who seek to destroy us... Well, that is a bonus. The unification of our home has inspired me, one German nation finally achieved.

INTERVIEWER: Of course, who would deny such a thing? Your... Loyalty, is why we wish to talk, Dieter. You have spoken very highly of the nation, and your activities in the FDJ have made you a perfect candidate for transfer and recruitment.

LORENZ: Transfer... To where? I am honored, but I do not know where I would be taken besides the front.

INTERVIEWER: Your talents are very desirable, Dieter. And I believe you would be a perfect fit in the Ministry for State Security. Many talented people like you have flourished there, and your inspiring words and exemplary service would fit right in!

LORENZ: I... Sir, I would be absolutely honored to transfer. For long I have served on the front, and rooting out those in our own borders - Those who refuse to see the truth, the glory... They disgust me. To deal with each of them, and expose them for what they are; Is the highest reward that can be given. Thank you, sir.

INTERVIEWER: Yes, yes. Your transfer will be processed and sent in, thank you for coming in, Dieter. I hope to see you again soon.

LORENZ: Yes, sir. Thank you, sir.

[END OF TAPE]

NOTE - CONSIDERED FOR 'ROMEO' CANDIDATE, CONSIDERATION REJECTED AFTER SEVERAL INTERVIEWS AND PERSONAL INQUIRIES. UNIFORMED SERVICE RECOMMENDED.

#1 Theplahunter, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. rams

rams `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    hagen koch, honecker's personal cartographer and dictator of the lines of the berlin wall was heavily scrutinized, even in such a prestigious position, purely because his wife wasn't within the SED. a man who's 'ex-girlfriend' defected to the west would not go without heavy watch by the head honchos at the MfS. that's so much so that i don't even think he'd be considered as a potential applicant.

just something to think about changing, at the end of the day it's not up to me though.

#2 rams, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Theplahunter

Theplahunter Electron
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    You're right, it's probably a better idea to just remove that, so I have. Thank you for pointing that out, because I didn't think about that.

4. Shrike

Shrike the think
    WW3 RP Operator

Nebulae:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DIREKTOR
    █████████ ███████
    MINISTERIUM FÜR STAATSSICHERHEIT
    ZENTRALE DES MINISTERIUM FÜR STAATSSICHERHEIT, HAUS 1
    RUSCHESTRAßE 103, BERLIN-LICHTENBERG

Lorenz, Dieter.

Put him through the Veterans-For-West pamphlet test and probe the older brother. Proceed with das Auto stress evaluation, see which mechanic he turns to, Tuesday and Friday two weeks in a row. Look into the Koch girl too, I'll let you decide that one for yourself, but I want Müller to be assigned it. Stamp and assign transfer to the Frankfurt am Main garrison if he passes, Fähnrich, uniform, papers and badge as usual.

OBERST
    Klaus Hauer

GARNISON DIE AB6
    PLATZ DER REPUBLIK, FRANKFURT AM MAIN

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice