Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
Your Steam Name: Oswald
Your Steam ID: SOONTM

Character Name: L.A
Member of staff who banned your character: Not sure
Character/Player who carried out the PK (If known): Cops

Describe how your character died: I stumbled right into a cop patrol without being seen and attempted to bail before getting spotted, Sadly they found me as I was running and I spun around and shot out of shock, I didn't intent on engaging until I was spotted, I'd assumed they didnt see my gun and would have shot on sight

Why do you believe your PK is invalid?: I was "defending myself" in my eyes, I didn't intend in fighting the cops merely sneak away, from my experience as a cop player if someone has a weapon we just S2K on sight with no rp so I had no reason to think differently here

Date of occurrence: 4 minutes ago

Evidence (screenshots, logs): N/A

Any other parties involved: I forgor the cops I know one of them was @Simman102
Misc details:

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
I was "defending myself"
You shot first, somebody yelled "Freeze!" because we wanted to capture you instead but you ran off and then started shooting
from my experience as a cop player
Today alone we captured 3 other rebels, we don't autogun people anymore if we're not under threat

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
You shot first, somebody yelled "Freeze!" because we wanted to capture you instead but you ran off and then started shooting

Today alone we captured 3 other rebels, we don't autogun people anymore if we're not under threat
I assumed you didn't see my gun, And I've never seen cops try to capture rebel on my cop (That aren't armed) and I've been on a fair few patrols now. I'm not saying you're lying ofc, but I just didn't know this was a thing that cops do now

Reactions: List

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
not an excuse but I was listening to heavy metal lmao, and it happened so fast I didn't see the text or hear the voiceline

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
from my experience as a cop player if someone has a weapon we just S2K on sight with no rp
I assumed you didn't see my gun, And I've never seen cops try to capture rebel on my cop

The message you convey in the thread is that you made assumptions basing on your OOC knowledge of how cops operate. It's not a very compelling argument because it made you ICly disregard the danger you were in (being cornered by an entire PT) and tried to gamer your way out of it instead, despite our attempt to capture you. With that being said, however, I do not have any personal stake in whether you stay PK'd or not, it's simply been the standard so far to apply PKs to people who rambo like this.

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
There's not much for me to say other than I didn't hear the FREEZE and only saw cops with guns sprinting at me, I thought I was gonna get shot so I tried my best to put up a fight and died. there's not much else for me to say other than that

Komchan

nen
Nebulae

honestly that looks more like a person panicking and immediately resorting to self defence honestly

like, if i was in that positive and heard cops coming, id raise my gun and try get out of there, which they did, and since the cops had their guns out, i'd assume they were going to immediately S2K me as is common

Nebulae
honestly that looks more like a person panicking and immediately resorting to self defence honestly

like, if i was in that positive and heard cops coming, id raise my gun and try get out of there, which they did, and since the cops had their guns out, i'd assume they were going to immediately S2K me as is common

there is something to be said for intentionally making a gameplay decision not to shoot so as not to risk a PK, thereby allowing cops to also hold their fire and encourage some actual roleplay surrender/dialogue back and forth to emerge as a result

not saying he wasn't valid to panic, but i do feel like if people take a moment to consider the systems in place we'll actually get more RP out of it. food for thought, and something for everyone reading to keep in mind for the future

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
Hello.

Upon reviewing this, I have come to a conclusion.

This does not fall under the lonewolf rule, as that rule was more or less made to counter people getting a gun and going solo around trying to murder patrols in what we can consider no man's land areas, who are actively engaging in risky behaviour by entering such areas with no teammates of any kind.

Considering the initiation by the CPs and the fact he attempted to run, I do not find it compelling to allow the PK to stick because Oswald acted on the initiative given to him by the CPs and fire at them. He was not in an area which can be considered high risk, not a place like the city where it is defined as a risk zone for people to go alone due to the frequency of patrols. Expansion of CP operations can change how risk is regarded, but in general, this should serve as a warning for people to not go alone on a long distance walk, because you can be engaged by teams.

In any event, what happened is the CPs initiated, did not fire, and LA fought back and resisted capture. There is a distinction between pro-actively defending yourself by gaining initiative and ambushing a team of CPs alone, and then being pk'd for it. What happened here is not lone wolfing, that's a self defense situation.

Accepted.
NLR, No refund.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Premium Member
Nebulae
Footnote: I must say the video showed a lot in this appeal, but this could've very well ended in a PK as the first aggression came from you, @Oswald. While it may not feel fair, you need to spin the logic around and understand anyone can claim what you did to try and get from the PK, but the truth was you shot first and they even asked you to freeze. What is more, had you not pulled out your gun you would've not been in the situation you put yourself in.

With this I want to imply that even if a bit more, capture does bring some roleplay and fighting impossible odds while you can just run for it, hide, or surrender (all of those will keep you alive, shooting first will not), is not exactly a fair decision or something that should be encouraged must like I hope CPs understand they must follow the same rule: If you're surrounded and cornered, don't fight it, because you're expected to abide by FearRP and not try to S2K your way out of impossible odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.