loud humming noise in mic

Chicken Rickler

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
so one time I hit my desk accidentally and it shaked the monitor and pc a bit, for some reasons it also fucked with my microphone. Now there's a constant loud ANNOYING AS FUCK humming sound which makes it literally unusable. Apparently it's a "ground issue" (wtf?), which could be the case since putting my hand on the side of my case stops that humming sound almost entirely. (50% sure) depending on cable positions the sound gets either even fucking worse or stops. How do I fix this

green name

Proton
Nebulae
It's not the mic, I tried on my laptop and the audio is crystal clear, no humming
audio http:// vocaroo . com/i/s0lcgrwxoMqv
if it isn't your mic, is it the sound of your computer?

or am i just completely lost in what your trying to explain

Chicken Rickler

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
if it isn't your mic, is it the sound of your computer?

or am i just completely lost in what your trying to explain
it's not the sound of the computer at all, it used to work fine and then I accidentally hit my desk which shook my computer, causing the issue to pop up for no apparent reasons

Chicken Rickler

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
is your microphone fully plugged in?
Obviously
[doublepost=1487798549][/doublepost]OH MY GOD I THINK I FIXED IT

it was the FUCKING MONITOR, the PLUG, WAS NOT VERY WELL PLUGGED. THE SHAKING MOST LIKELY CAUSED IT TO GO DOWN A TINY BIT CAUSING AN ELECTROMAGNETIC PULSE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS THAT SCREWED MY MIC UP.

Oh mY GOD. I AM TIRED OF THIS MONITOR. HOLY SHIT. RIGHT. I'M GONNA FILM MYSELF THROWING IT DOWN THE DAMN RIVER, SCREW IT

green name

Proton
Nebulae
Obviously
[doublepost=1487798549][/doublepost]OH MY GOD I THINK I FIXED IT

it was the FUCKING MONITOR, the PLUG, WAS NOT VERY WELL PLUGGED. THE SHAKING MOST LIKELY CAUSED IT TO GO DOWN A TINY BIT CAUSING AN ELECTROMAGNETIC PULSE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS THAT SCREWED MY MIC UP.

Oh mY GOD. I AM TIRED OF THIS MONITOR. HOLY SHIT. RIGHT. I'M GONNA FILM MYSELF THROWING IT DOWN THE DAMN RIVER, SCREW IT
lmao