Serious Made my first CS:GO map called Scrubbox_Arena, mind giving some feedback?

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Hello!
Have some feedback on me

• The map feels rather large in a 5v5 setting, the most engaging section of the map is the centre, but due to the amount of space around it, this area is not often in play
  • I can immediately engage with enemies from spawn as there is a sightline from spawn to spawn that makes snipers very dominant in picking off players early.
  • The map is in fullbright as well, the lack of lighting makes it harder to direct players in any intended direction except whatever path they find first.
  • Sections where you can climb up walls of the map also feels awkward due to needing to platform in first person, and none of the platforms you can jump to have any benefits, but instead expose you to everyone

Reactions: List

RaphaelDeFusco

Electron
Nebulae
I am actually considering deleting the wall at the spawn point and possibly making a middle path either with a crate to climb over the wall obstacle or cutting a door through it. I got an idea to solve the sniping problem at spawn as well. Do you think I should add cover to the top sections of the walls to make it rewarding to climb on them? I'm also considering to make boards on top of the walls to create pathways to the center roof.

RaphaelDeFusco

Electron
Nebulae
Okay it is getting pretty late but I made a few improvements to the map, the workshop should update it to the latest version.