Accepted 'Magenta' Appeal

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by Firebird, Feb 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firebird

Firebird Just Fire
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Steam Name: *Firebird*
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:51445766

Character Name: 'Magenta'
    Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character: @Linntrix

What Led To Your Character's Death?: A Sweep which was apparently triggered by my escape attempt
    Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?: The rules are outright vague if none existent regarding how biotics having their shackles disabled do not apply to the NLR based rule, due to being the source of the sweep that obviously I'd have no control of and had no intention of causing. My character was in a weakened state as such, with no ability to defend them self which has no significance in this yet for rp purposes perhaps. Regardless we were s2k'd. My vort had made it to the back most part of the map, in the vort cave.

Although I'd imagine being incapable of doing anything to stop the situation is not an excuse, the idea that the rules were none existent to how these NLR based rules applied to biotics is simply frustrating. The idea of escaping with auths, 4 tag units and an admin to oversee was far beyond a sufficient amount of effort to make this attempt. In the vort threads, to confirm there are no rules regarding this sort of situation, asking if I would get NLR or otherwise be enslaved again, I was told that it doesn't apply since I caused the sweep, though this not being backed by any rules just stated there and then.

In the end, my vort had escaped as a free vort, the sweep being authed by the lead though again, no rules back the idea they don't apply to us, which is outright unfair since our effort was put to rest out of rules that were being played with flexibility over any justified rules to point out. I'd honestly have appreciated the chance to be captured again, if this situation is not voided. Honestly just making this to clear up some things if it is otherwise pointless since none of what I was told is confirmed by any thread as such. I had really developed this character to have flexible rules used, Idk. Looking for input where it would be necessary. - Free vorts get chances like this with their char dev to consider, though biotics (or just mine, idk) have nothing clear on this, recapture just sounds realistic considering they get that in their favour (free vorts)
    Date Of Occurrence: 11/02/19
    Evidence: Logs.
    And this
    [​IMG]
    Other Players Involved: @geraldine @Pokeri @Ally @FieldersNL
    Any Other Details: N/A

• nebulous nebulous x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. linn

linn pilotbland's best friend
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    once shackles are disabled, a biosignal goes off same as CP's.

If you cause a sweep, you get pk'd.

• Zing Zing x 1
  3. linn

HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    I do hate to see a vort PKd because I know you had a ton of character development - I’m willing to void it since you’re right, I don’t have any exact rules stating what would happene when freed- which I will be making them now to ensure nothing like this happens again.

If PK management are willing to do a void and place you back as a Biotic, I’m more than open to it.

4. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    Why not let them stay free?

After all, their weeks worth of planning would now effectively be moot otherwise when the real issue seems to be cops literally razing the entirety of D9 for one alien to the point of pushing the only safezone without properly breaching.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • nebulous nebulous x 1
  5. linn

HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    If Biotics weren’t such a big deal they’d not put trackers in their restraints.

He’d still have his auth to be freed again, not like I’d take that away from him- but I find that him staying freed with basically no consequences is unfair to those who will make their attempt later down the line while the new rules on it are set in stone.

Personally I like to take the authorization more serious because from an IC POV, it’s not really supposed to be the easiest or a common thing to make happen- and if I were to just let someone be freed like poof, I don’t think it’d sit right with the others who have shad and my authorization.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  6. jarodine

jarodine Nucleus
    B A N N E D

Nebulae:
    Can't we please make magenta free? We have legit put literal weeks and dedication into his freedom. I really don't wanna do it again since it took hundreds of hours literally planning it out icly with so much char development just gone. It is just well....depressing. No disrespect on that I'm just saying that it makes us all feel depressed on the sole reason that we put countless hours and weeks into getting him out. If you could please free us because you do have the auth to do so. We would be so much grateful it would be unbelievable. Please. Just this once. Please. (By the way, I am sorry for treating you like that on steam. I feel like an ass now. Sorry about that.)

• nebulous nebulous x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pokeri

Pokeri Proton

Nebulae:
    We worked for weeks, probaly close to an month.
    We had mutliple plans, We lost multiple friends IC to make this happen. To get us to this point of having even a slight chance of succeeding.
    To use the Union event as a cover when CP's are distracted, losing a friend day before.
    To just put him back in as a biotic and void what happened would be just.. i don't want to say like anything against you personally so im just gonna say, really puts the mood down you know? The whole ''arc'' loses the drive.
    The shore of getting 2 vortigaunts on who were willing to help us, and getting permission and everything upon the IC was immense.
    We worked on this for awhile and finally as we got it out, developing not only Magenta's character. But Sergei, Sdot, and the diffrent characters who were involved.
    I don't want to get into the mess that was what happened in the caves. That conservation is in my PK appeal heh..

But, if you think that the only way Magneta to be UnPKed. Is that he returns to being a biotic.
    I can't really put anything against it expect ''please''.
    Eitherway, Magenta being UnPKed is something i'd like to see.
    And hope it will happen.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  8. MaelRadecs

MaelRadecs Best Damn ODST

Nebulae:
    honestly if cp's must sweep and must bring the bodies back as proof or die, then why are biotics even allowed escape auths this is literally retarded

you're using an ooc method to force a pk

• nebulous nebulous x 13
  9. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    Just to post before I sleep.

They're tracked because they're devious slaves who the Union cannot sway or coherece, not out of inherent value.

Not to say it shouldn't warrent a sweep but the lengths this sweep went to find them were excessive. They literally swept as if they were hunting a rogue cop, leaving no stone unturned.

Literal sacrifice code for the cops and all? If they'd have killed those cops, more and more would have come. The first breakout on CW i17 suffered from this because we had one good spot to hide due to cops sweeping every nook and cranny.

I mean shit the people who busted the vort out did everything right in timing, etc. But if someone WANTS to find you in the Outlands, they eventually will. Thats the case here.

• nebulous nebulous x 7
  10. linn

HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    So you suggest Biotics stay enslaved forever with no chance to escape?

Because I’m not the one who put code sacrifice in effect, @Pumpkin was the dispatcher.

11. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    Not at all.

But these people did everything right and were SMART but got undone because the sweep literally searched everywhere else on the map to the point they got LOST doing it. 20 mins in rebel turf for a vort?

THAT is why they should remain free, imo.

• nebulous nebulous x 5
  12. linn

HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    I see what you’re getting at, and I can agree to an extent.

I’ll leave it to the PK managers to decide what happens.

And from this, me and the headcops could maybe work out what exactly protocol is for a Biotic escaping

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  13. jarodine

jarodine Nucleus
    B A N N E D

Nebulae:
    I hope that we do get freed. I would be very grateful to the pk manager that actually goes with this option.
    Merged:
    The reason why i don't like us getting pked is that we were right in a super feel-good moment. We were so happy that we actually pulled it off. But then cps came in who decided to crawl through a sewer that a normal person wouldn't even consider people are hiding in there and killed us all. We were legit so happy..

• nebulous nebulous x 4
  14. FieldersNL

FieldersNL A Retired HL2RP SA

Nebulae:
    With new restrictions just added including RB5 giving lethal shocks now, it is even more unfair to go void everything and give it a 'next chance' card.

15. Chris

Chris Proton
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Since everyone else is throwing their hat into the ring I suppose I'll put my stake in.

If Magenta chose to run to the Vort sewer then he shouldn't have been able to make the attempt in the first place on account of the rings through his joints. I doubt he walked all the way there.

If he did before he got there sure, I'd say let him stay free.

But more importantly, its a unhealthy dynamic for biotics. A whitelist which you actively try not to have. People don't understand what it could be and what is neccessary to get there. Sadly even Linntrix doesnt understand this.

The only character I know of who should have realistically been involved is firebug @FieldersNL because they are the single one who's been helping Magenta.

As the other Vortigaunt who helped them?

I wouldnt accept "Let ussss free our kin"

As a valid reason to risk their life in union territory, I have a hunch the interaction with them went along the lines of

"We are freeing a comrade"

"Ok I will join you"

That doesn't count as a plan and @Linntrix should have seen that. To their credit in the city they maximized their chances in any way they could but the resistance half failed and Magenta died because of it and needs to stay dead to teach others not to jump on auths as meaning go ASAP.

Plus, I've learned information about someone Magenta has contacted who has CAB affiliations and @Snowl could perhaps shed more light since Magenta admitted to being weakened from having their extraction procedure quota increased.

They might be unrelated but the point is the Resistance had no preparations in place nor did they try and help Magenta. Plus the vorts no doubt helping them should be enslaved if they died in the fighting defending Magenta since they provoked the whole thing.

Magenta needs to remain PKd as a permanent lesson and to stop this behaviour of running away as soon as they get the blessing of a faction leader.

Apologizing because they didnt think things through has NEVER been a valid reason for a unpk. I hope it doesnt start with this appeal

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • nebulous nebulous x 1
  16. Powley

Powley Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    Don’t delete it’s related.

1. Why would not wanting to free their kin be a valid reason?
    2. Does serving as a Slave under the Union not count as enough reason to escape?

Also question for @Linntrix why are Vortigaunt a so important to the Union? Like as Slaves why are they tracked

#16 Powley, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • nebulous nebulous x 5
  17. axido

axido whatttttttt

Nebulae:
    uhh tbh not involved or anything but iirc this only applied to things like chasing a suspect into the sewers (cz4 back in i17)?

like when a rebel comes up, pops off a few shots at you in the street and you follow him into a heavily restricted area with insufficient amount of tagpt cops you need to bring a body back

correct me if i’m wrong but this was the image of it i had back then

18. Chris

Chris Proton
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Reasoning is not what I said. The zero planning invalidates ut imo

19. Powley

Powley Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    Two members of the supposed rescue party said they spent a month planning?

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  20. Chris

Chris Proton
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Civvies nothing from the resistance. No effort from them untill the last moment.

Edit: I meant to put a comma.

This is what it should have said: Civvies, nothing from the resistance. No effort from them untill the last moment.

In reply to powley. Wasn't diminishing the efforts from the city, that was good imo.

Sorry for any confusion

#20 Chris, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice